MT82 Rattle

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
I’ve got a 2019 PP1 with a manual. I’m getting a rattle and vibration from the transmission in 2nd & 3rd gear from about 25 mph to 35 mph. As the gear and speed climbs the rattle become less pronounced. At 50 mph and higher, no rattle noise but a slight vibration. Then when slowing dow the vibration comes back until 15 mph then it’s quiet. I also notice when revving the engine in neutral, I get gradual increase in vibration as the rpm climbs. This has gone on since 1000 miles and I’ve got about 4500 now. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m thinking clutch issues and since under warranty, I’m thinking to take it back to the dealer. Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I’ve got a 2019 PP1 with a manual. I’m getting a rattle and vibration from the transmission in 2nd & 3rd gear from about 25 mph to 35 mph. As the gear and speed climbs the rattle become less pronounced. At 50 mph and higher, no rattle noise but a slight vibration. Then when slowing dow the vibration comes back until 15 mph then it’s quiet. I also notice when revving the engine in neutral, I get gradual increase in vibration as the rpm climbs. This has gone on since 1000 miles and I’ve got about 4500 now. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I’m thinking clutch issues and since under warranty, I’m thinking to take it back to the dealer. Any thoughts on this?
Sounds like the issue I have with 2019 GT Premium 6 speed. Gets on my nerve. Radio muffles it out but I like hearing my exhaust growl.

Texstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EB Premium PP 6MT
Have you checked the reverse-lockout collar? Mine has rattled pretty much since day 1 on my EB. I noticed that it does it mostly at certain RPMs, in my case around 2000-2500, and does it most at 2000 when decelerating with no accelerator input.

It sounds a lot like this:

I saw this video that shows a solution using heat shrink wrap to isolate the collar. I want to try this in mine.
Sponsored