Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
You know I hate to be the stick in the mud but give it up already. This is getting so annoying how the community has nothing better to do than bash new models.
I see it as annoying that Ford has nothing to do but destroy years of brand love and recognition and good will. Ford CLEARLY has no direction with the changes they have been making other than "we want to be like Tesla" which to me means they have HORRIBLE management.

I've honestly gone from a life long Ford and Mustang fan to now really wanting very little to do with them at all. My next car will likely be ANY other brand due to how they are acting right now. Not 4 years ago if I needed any vehicle it was no question I'd look at Ford first, others later. Now I'd look at Ford last.

If their new models suck, they deserve to be bashed for it.
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
You know I hate to be the stick in the mud but give it up already. This is getting so annoying how the community has nothing better to do than bash new models.
I see it as annoying that Ford has nothing to do but destroy years of brand love and recognition and good will. Ford CLEARLY has no direction with the changes they have been making other than "we want to be like Tesla" which to me means they have HORRIBLE management.

I've honestly gone from a life long Ford and Mustang fan to now really wanting very little to do with them at all. My next car will likely be ANY other brand due to how they are acting right now. Not 4 years ago if I needed any vehicle it was no question I'd look at Ford first, others later. Now I'd look at Ford last.

If their new models suck, they deserve to be bashed for it.

If you don't like it sign it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Lol I like the new suv, count me in. I will be buying a grabber blue model, not even kidding.
Perfect winter vehicle.
Don, it's not about liking the Mach-E or whether or now you plan to buy one. It's about Ford hijacking an iconic name and slapping it on this vehicle for nothing more than marketing reasons.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's worth a shot. Ford will have heard us loud and clear over the last couple of days, but another avenue can't hurt.

Don't forget, back in the early 90s, Ford was going to replace the Fox with a front wheel drive, transverse engine car. The internet didn't really exist.....so the Mustang faithful wrote letters to Ford HQ.......and they listened! That car became the Probe and Mustang continued as the SN95.

We have a voice. Whether Ford listens and reacts.....well, that remains to be seen.

Signed.

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The people that don’t sign this , are the kind of people you don’t want in your life. Good god ford , pull ur head out

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Don, it's not about liking the Mach-E or whether or now you plan to buy one. It's about Ford hijacking an iconic name and slapping it on this vehicle for nothing more than marketing reasons.
ding, ding, ding... winner!!

and THAT is exactly why the internet is in an uproar....

First, Ford says this new EV is going to be the MACH 1... that started the initial uproar, which eventually subsided AFTER Ford backed down and silently removed that idea....then advertises it’s going to be the MACH-E with “Mustang inspired” blah blah blah....

then after the major leak of real images, prices etc. Ford now releases advertising with “Mustang” MACH-E.... calling it a MUSTANG.

It is not a Mustang by any means. It’s a Ford product, it’s a new EV, it’s going the way of the future and appeasing a certain percentage of buyers - but that vehicle is NOT a Mustang. Ford plastered the iconic Mustang logo and name to a new platform for the sake of hoping to hit a home run. That’s what everyone is up in arms over, period.

if Ford dropped the SEMA Mustang Lithium into production today, exactly as it looks and functions, hell I’d be a buyer - but THAT is still a genuine Heritage Mustang - it’s NOT a wannabe or something it’s not.

Good article - the Mustang community isn’t the only ones seeing the issue with practically destroying the icon:
https://www.insidercarnews.com/ford-mach-e-will-anger-mustang-fans/

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Referred to as an “atrocity” in this article:

https://www.insidercarnews.com/ford-mach-e-will-anger-mustang-fans/

Lmao
Lol!! If ford is actually stupid enough to go through with this and completely destroy the legacy that the Mustang created , I 100% hope they fail as a company. Wouldn’t feel bad even slightly. Isn’t there kin of Henry Ford still alive and in somewhat control of Ford ?, and they are actually okay with this ?? Unreal

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Signed it. I also do not want the Mustang brand diluted.