Sponsored

Rust along inside door seam

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
Hello everyone. Found rust along the bottom of the driver side door, where the inner skin meets the outer skin along the seam seal. I see more bubbling paint so it looks like it extends further along the seal. I've never seen anything like this on a 3y.o. car with 15k miles. Anyone else have this? The dealer will just touch it up and send me on my way. No thanks.
I’ll try to get it with a Dremel/wire brush and POR 15/ Black Cote. Guess I'm a little pissed and just needed to vent.
-Frank
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hello everyone. Found rust along the bottom of the driver side door, where the inner skin meets the outer skin along the seam seal. I see more bubbling paint so it looks like it extends further along the seal. I've never seen anything like this on a 3y.o. car with 15k miles. Anyone else have this? The dealer will just touch it up and send me on my way. No thanks.
I’ll try to get it with a Dremel/wire brush and POR 15/ Black Cote. Guess I'm a little pissed and just needed to vent.
-Frank

There is a 5 year paint warranty - check your owner’s manual. Plus all 2016+ Mustangs do not have to show metal perforation for paint warranty work. So I’d take it to your Dealer before attempting any DIY repair.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Post some pictures

OP
OP
3onthetree

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
I only took this pic. Repaired it this weekend. The rust was a few inches further left and right and found some crept under the seam seal. Used a Drexel and wire brush attachment. Think I got it all. I’ll post a completed pic later.
8A5F39CB-B7A3-42A2-BC2B-E1048EA03DE3.jpeg

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I would have taken it to the dealer. Now if any future rust issues happen in that spot, they can say that you damaged it during the "repair".
Sponsored