You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it is anything after October, but that's a guess on my part, we will find out when things start to move..
Since mine was produced just three days ago I can only assume my car is good, but I’m wrong A LOT if you ask my wife. I only wonder what the quality control fix was.

Thank you for this valuable information Earl, you are amazing.

VERY good news to hear they are taking care of their customers. I hope they decide to keep this heated facility up and running throughout the winter and pump out more cars all winter long.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Venomous Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500/2019 F-350 / 2021 Bronco First Edition
Good news, word has it that the cars will start shipping sometime next week, not so good news, many of the early cars need quality updates before they can be released for shipping. The cars produced later do not require the updates; they were already baked into the pie before they rolled off the line. It looks like they're working their butts off to get these cars to their customers. There are a lot of cars waiting in line, so it may take a while to work through them all and get them moving. So be patient, its happening. Yeah!!!!

Super good news, rumor has it they are moving the cars to a heated indoor storage facility. From what I understand, Ford pulled out all the stops and this is first time they have done something like this. Talk about looking after your customers, it don’t get any better than this.

Thank you Ford and the people that made it possible. :like::like::like::like:

This gives me hope that mine will finally be assigned a vin and build date soon.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Since mine was produced just three days ago I can only assume my car is good, but I’m wrong A LOT if you ask my wife. I only wonder what the quality control fix was.

Thank you for this valuable information Earl, you are amazing.

VERY good news to hear they are taking care of their customers. I hope they decide to keep this heated facility up and running throughout the winter and pump out more cars all winter long.
I’m just guessing but I’m going to assume my car would be a later build and possible benchmark 11/1, as mine was received for shipping when other Base and CFTP cars were completed before mine were not. Could be totally wrong, we can ask my wife too, @Jmeo I’m wrong quite often also, lol

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just guessing but I’m going to assume my car would be a later build and possible benchmark 11/1, as mine was received for shipping when other Base and CFTP cars were completed before mine were not. Could be totally wrong, we can ask my wife too, @Jmeo I’m wrong quite often also, lol
Right! I don't know why we even ask any questions here, we should be asking our wives. Mine will tell you she knows EVERYTHING.

I kid, but she's still a keeper. She lets me do the things I love, like buying mustangs, trucks, and a massive amount of parts on a very regular basis haha. She laughs that I am on a first name basis with the UPS & Fedex drivers, so much so that I buy them Dunkin' Donuts gift cards every year for Christmas. They deserve it though, they will drive by the firehouse, and if they see my truck they will deliver it to me there instead of home. How great is that! My little kids get a chuckle and ask "dad, why do you always wave to the big brown, and white trucks" when we are out driving around lol. Ahh kids.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: My wag is, your guess about yours making the cut is probably correct. Those of us that started the drill a little earlier may wind up being tail end Charlies. Honestly, I don't care as long as the issue is resolved and vehicles begin to ship.

The business about a heated warehouse is excellent news BUT, makes me even more determined to check every square inch of all four tars when she arrives since mine has no doubt been sitting out in sub thirty degree temps for quite some time.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good news, word has it that the cars will start shipping sometime next week, not so good news, many of the early cars need quality updates before they can be released for shipping. The cars produced later do not require the updates; they were already baked into the pie before they rolled off the line. It looks like they're working their butts off to get these cars to their customers. There are a lot of cars waiting in line, so it may take a while to work through them all and get them moving. So be patient, its happening. Yeah!!!!

Super good news, rumor has it they are moving the cars to a heated indoor storage facility. From what I understand, Ford pulled out all the stops and this is first time they have done something like this. Talk about looking after your customers, it don’t get any better than this.

Thank you Ford and the people that made it possible. :like::like::like::like:
Quality updates..... did they expand on that? I guess it doesnt matter, but I dont want to be the guy who spills the beans.

And good on Ford for taking the initiative to protect these cars from the elements. Truly an outstanding move. These ain't EcoBoost stangs that live outside anyway.

Congrats everyone. I can't wait to see some of these out in the wild.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Tom: Yep, good on Ford regarding the heated warehouse but unfortunately, that probably isn't going to help some of us "early adopters." With that in mind, I'm even more determined to check every square inch of those tires upon delivery. That is, assuming the CFTP's in the parking lot already have the Cup 2's installed.

Sure wish we knew what the issue actually was.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
With so few really needing the fix, they could be moving to the warehouse to do this fix as well if it’s small enough putting them back on the assembly line would be inefficient, then ship from warehouse which would allow tire temps and all to be ok.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: My wag is, your guess about yours making the cut is probably correct. Those of us that started the drill a little earlier may wind up being tail end Charlies. Honestly, I don't care as long as the issue is resolved and vehicles begin to ship.

The business about a heated warehouse is excellent news BUT, makes me even more determined to check every square inch of all four tars when she arrives since mine has no doubt been sitting out in sub thirty degree temps for quite some time.
As much as you, me, and the others, would love our cars immediately, if not sooner (who wouldn't), I agree, having the issue resolved before delivery is more important.

I am very curious to know two things. One, what is the actual issue? Two, what date are they using as the cutoff to what cars were built incorrect -vs- correct?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Both good questions, Jaime.

And Jeff, another good question, i.e., whether or not the vehicles needing "the fix" will be required to go back to the line (or somewhere else.) Back to the line seems both impractical and perhaps impossible, I don't know. But, I'm betting that Cup 2's are already out in the cold and if that's true, moving them to warmer temps now would be a little late and almost certainly not help "the tire situation."

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Both good questions, Jaime.

And Jeff, another good question, i.e., whether or not the vehicles needing "the fix" will be required to go back to the line (or somewhere else.) Back to the line seems both impractical and perhaps impossible, I don't know. But, I'm betting that Cup 2's are already out in the cold and if that's true, moving them to warmer temps now would be a little late and almost certainly not help "the tire situation."
Still think its just the weather? LOL

The affected cars are not going back to the line.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Nope, ditched "the weather theory" Tom <smiling> but I have to wonder how you know they won't be going back to the line? Then again, I probably shouldn't ask. :-)

Now the hope is, that "the fix" isn't cosmetic or mechanically-critical and that begs the question of how long it will take per vehicle.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Quality updates..... did they expand on that? I guess it doesnt matter, but I dont want to be the guy who spills the beans.
No information on the updates, only that they exist. I could guess, but that would be like shooting in the dark.

MadMax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Antimatter Blue GT500 CFTP
Just got a call from my dealership and they are saying my car will be delivered on Nov 29th. They just received the coo in the mail.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a call from my dealership and they are saying my car will be delivered on Nov 29th. They just received the coo in the mail.
Hot dam! See if maybe you can get a copy of what the letter says. Maybe we can figure out more by its wording. Either way, excellent news for you Jason!!
Sponsored