Weight of Stock 2019-2020 Bullitt Rims?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Just by looking at them probably 38 bajillion ounces.

Width isn't going to help. You need to stabilize your rear subframe for starters. BMR Cradle Lockout kit Level 2 or Steeda Subframe Braces. Do NOT get upgraded vertical links.
This is correct. The cradle lockout kit has some of the effects the relocation brackets had on the old s197s. The rubber bushings are allowed to deflect to the extent that the axle is allowed to lift up slightly not only causing wheelspin but also wheel hop on a sticky track to the extreme.
Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Last number I saw from someone was they were within 1-2lbs of the Performance Pack wheels.
that's about right...a friend recently weighed his Bullitt rear rim and tire at apprx. 62.25 lbs. subtract the Michelin 275 40 19 tire (31lbs) rim is 31.25lbs.
better than PP1's at 33.5lbs but both are too heavy to be a true performance rim, IMO. dman

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
that's about right...a friend recently weighed his Bullitt rear rim and tire at apprx. 62.25 lbs. subtract the Michelin 275 40 19 tire (31lbs) rim is 31.25lbs.
better than PP1's at 33.5lbs but both are too heavy to be a true performance rim, IMO. dman
Thank so much!

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Thank so much!
no prob... it always bothers me that Ford still doesn't create a performance wheel package that doesn't weigh so much. with so many flow formed light weight wheels available, you'd think that they'd step up...but that's Ford in many ways. people are so horsepower hungry, they miss on cars being "quick", not just fast. lite wheels are like buying quicker acceleration, better brake response and improved suspension feel and reaction as well as weight reduction. as per the Bullitt, keep your extra 20hp and lighten the wheels to 22lbs...you'll feel that, big time. dman

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
no prob... it always bothers me that Ford still doesn't create a performance wheel package that doesn't weigh so much. with so many flow formed light weight wheels available, you'd think that they'd step up...but that's Ford in many ways. people are so horsepower hungry, they miss on cars being "quick", not just fast. lite wheels are like buying quicker acceleration, better brake response and improved suspension feel and reaction as well as weight reduction. as per the Bullitt, keep your extra 20hp and lighten the wheels to 22lbs...you'll feel that, big time. dman
Nissan/Infiniti have been sneaking on 22-25lb wheels onto cars for a while now, even the non-nismo ones. Still dont get why Ford doesn't do it. I mean Nissan doesn't even tell you the special wheels in their appearance packages are light weight forged.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agree completely; horsepower is great but Colin Chapman was on to something when he said "add lightness."

And to be fair to Ford, they did come out with a mass-produced carbon fibe wheel that weighs 18 lbs. A bit pricey though.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Agree completely; horsepower is great but Colin Chapman was on to something when he said "add lightness."

And to be fair to Ford, they did come out with a mass-produced carbon fibe wheel that weighs 18 lbs. A bit pricey though.

carbon wheels have positives (weight) and negatives (price). at about $10,000, less than a few years ago, but still a pricey option...
I run a set of OZ RACING LEGGERA HLT rims. beautiful details, flow formed and 21lbs. these are great street wheels and came in at about $1450.00 during a sale at Tire Rack. maybe not 18lbs/cool factor but $8000.00 is a lot of track time. I just think Ford could come up with a quality mid-weight wheel set (25-26lb) for the pp1 packs, Bullitt, etc. like your Chapman reference...one of "the guys" dman

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carbon wheels have positives (weight) and negatives (price). at about $10,000, less than a few years ago, but still a pricey option...
I run a set of OZ RACING LEGGERA HLT rims. beautiful details, flow formed and 21lbs. these are great street wheels and came in at about $1450.00 during a sale at Tire Rack. maybe not 18lbs/cool factor but $8000.00 is a lot of track time. I just think Ford could come up with a quality mid-weight wheel set (25-26lb) for the pp1 packs, Bullitt, etc. like your Chapman reference...one of "the guys" dman
Love the Leggeras, simple and lightweight. Wish companies like OZ and Kosei that made rims for racing had more fitments for the Mustang.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Love the Leggeras, simple and lightweight. Wish companies like OZ and Kosei that made rims for racing had more fitments for the Mustang.
the Leggeras are a quality wheel, with beautiful detailing. they did only offer one fitment for the Mustang based on Ford specs for Performance Pack staggered, including offsets which can be a problem with aftermarket wheels. buyer beware!
i'm not a "black" wheel guy and the GRIGIO CORSA, race gray, was what I had in mind. design wise/color, they are very close to the Forgelines being run on GT4 track cars as well as Ford GTs. one thing I do mention is that too light a wheel for the street is also not a positive decision as some people have learned. most tracks don't have potholes...I enjoy exchanging info and always open to learn. dman

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the Leggeras are a quality wheel, with beautiful detailing. they did only offer one fitment for the Mustang based on Ford specs for Performance Pack staggered, including offsets which can be a problem with aftermarket wheels. buyer beware!
i'm not a "black" wheel guy and the GRIGIO CORSA, race gray, was what I had in mind. design wise/color, they are very close to the Forgelines being run on GT4 track cars as well as Ford GTs. one thing I do mention is that too light a wheel for the street is also not a positive decision as some people have learned. most tracks don't have potholes...I enjoy exchanging info and always open to learn. dman
Before the Bullitt I had a 2014 Fiesta ST with OZ Racing Alleggerita HLTs and Extreme Performance tires (Dunlop Direzza ZIIIs). Each rim weighed 13.9 lbs which was a savings of 8.6 lbs per rim compared to 22.5 lbs for stock Rado rim for a total weight savings of 34.4 lbs. You could definitely feel this difference on the street in acceleration, braking etc. especially as unsprung, rotational weight. I wish (short of buying the GT350R carbon fiber rims) there was a comparable rim from OZ with similar weight savings. for our Bullitt's I am eyeing the Shelby CS-11 rims in 20 in size. Suprisingly, they weigh 27.8 and 29 lbs respectively which appears to be little lighter than the stock 19'' Bullitt Torq-Thrust style rims.

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Before the Bullitt I had a 2014 Fiesta ST with OZ Racing Alleggerita HLTs and Extreme Performance tires (Dunlop Direzza ZIIIs). Each rim weighed 13.9 lbs which was a savings of 8.6 lbs per rim compared to 22.5 lbs for stock Rado rim for a total weight savings of 34.4 lbs. You could definitely feel this difference on the street in acceleration, braking etc. especially as unsprung, rotational weight. I wish (short of buying the GT350R carbon fiber rims) there was a comparable rim from OZ with similar weight savings. for our Bullitt's I am eyeing the Shelby CS-11 rims in 20 in size. Suprisingly, they weigh 27.8 and 29 lbs respectively which appears to be little lighter than the stock 19'' Bullitt Torq-Thrust style rims.
nice looking rim...really comes down to what you do with the car. if it's street/looks, combo street/track, or full race. GT4 Mustangs actually run 18" weight being the factor.
I like the mid ground, engineered size 19". 20" and up does add rim weight as well as tire weight. I've tracked (roadcourse), several different stangs, everywhere from base Performance Packaged wheels to full race Forgelines. you really can feel the difference. as I said, there are a lot of good wheels on the market...comes down to price, purpose or what feel you want as a driver, even with your street car.
hope you find the sweet spot...dman

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice looking rim...really comes down to what you do with the car. if it's street/looks, combo street/track, or full race. GT4 Mustangs actually run 18" weight being the factor.
I like the mid ground, engineered size 19". 20" and up does add rim weight as well as tire weight. I've tracked (roadcourse), several different stangs, everywhere from base Performance Packaged wheels to full race Forgelines. you really can feel the difference. as I said, there are a lot of good wheels on the market...comes down to price, purpose or what feel you want as a driver, even with your street car.
hope you find the sweet spot...dman
I've road raced in SCCA, NASA, Chump Car ($500 "crapcan" racing like Lemons etc). I can tell you that our Bullitts, GT350Rs (although the latter maybe as an HPDE/Time Attack or track day car) are *way* too nice to convert to race cars. Doesn't really make sense from the fiscal side either. Better to buy a used turnkey racer from Ford/Porsche etc. Better yet, build a racecar that you can just walk away from in the (almost inevitable) event that it gets wadded up beyond repair. Spec Miata, and to a lesser degree Spec E46 are better value propositions.
Sponsored