header install help

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
Well guys the harderst part is done wich is installing the headers.. Now i installed Stainless power headers with after market connect, I have mrbp race cat back system but it was connected to the oem exhaust so it reduces from 3 inch to connect to factory exhaust. My question is do i have to cut the H pipe so the down pipes can tight down on the h pipe because right now with the reduction the down pipes wont even get snug with the h pipe..
Sponsored

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Well guys the harderst part is done wich is installing the headers.. Now i installed Stainless power headers with after market connect, I have mrbp race cat back system but it was connected to the oem exhaust so it reduces from 3 inch to connect to factory exhaust. My question is do i have to cut the H pipe so the down pipes can tight down on the h pipe because right now with the reduction the down pipes wont even get snug with the h pipe..
With the Magnaflow X, I had to cut off the 2 1/2” reducers and buy a pair of stainless 3” ID/ID couplers to fit the Kooks down pipes to the X

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
With the Magnaflow X, I had to cut off the 2 1/2” reducers and buy a pair of stainless 3” ID/ID couplers to fit the Kooks down pipes to the X
im going to measure things tommorrow morning.. and see what i can do according to the listing of the headers it fits corsa and mbrp catbacks

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
i got the h pipe connected.. Now the issues are worse with the Steeda motor mount installed to the lowest setting ( cj set up cooming soon)
i got passenger side almost touching the ac line' and driver side touching the steering shaft. my only guess is set the steeda mounts to Stock position and try to shift the engine towards the driver .. What do you guys recommend?
20190724_161859.jpg

Last edited:

Rhinogt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt
I installed the same exact setup on my 15. I had an exhaust shop cut my h pipe and weld in a 3" section. On the A/c line I can't help you as my I haven't put headers on the 18 yet.

Sponsored

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
On the 18 and the Steeda engine mounts you will only be able to lower it 1/2" not the full 3/4" drop. In most cases this will be enough, some have to massage the hood to fit.

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
On the 18 and the Steeda engine mounts you will only be able to lower it 1/2" not the full 3/4" drop. In most cases this will be enough, some have to massage the hood to fit.
im guessing ill just buy another hood for the cj set up. Now i reaised the engine to stock and it gave me enough clearence i just have to adjust the engine just alittle more to the driver side and im set

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
what is this plug .?
any ideas?
20190730_070948.jpg

OP
OP
18GTmustang

18GTmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eduardo Perez
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang GT
couple more pictures.. im having Idle issues and it turned off on me twice so far .. im corious to know what is this white plug
20190731_161652.jpg
20190731_161634.jpg

Sponsored

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My headers rubbed those same two spots with my cj set up. I had to massage them with a hammer a bit , and now there’s no clearance issue. Also with the Steeda mounts as low as you can get them the cj will clear the stock hood.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Just wanted to see if anyone can describe how they were able to gain the necessary clearance on the passenger side? I have currently installed the TSP headers and it comes into contact with that ac line when driving. I've been told that you on can loosen the top bolt on both motor mounts and slide the motor left and right... exactly how did you move the motor and does it mess with the pinion angle? Any insight or detailed description on how you moved the motor over once mounts were loose would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Just wanted to see if anyone can describe how they were able to gain the necessary clearance on the passenger side? I have currently installed the TSP headers and it comes into contact with that ac line when driving. I've been told that you on can loosen the top bolt on both motor mounts and slide the motor left and right... exactly how did you move the motor and does it mess with the pinion angle? Any insight or detailed description on how you moved the motor over once mounts were loose would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
i had my engine supported with a floor jack underneath and once the nuts were loosened i just "kicked" the jack to the side a little and the motor moved with it slightly, lowered it back down and tighten the nuts. also just remove the bracket for the ac line. it doesnt move at all for me and it doesnt contact anything anymore. disclaimer i have pypes headers but similar issues. as far as moving the motor you are moving it over less than an inch maybe less than 1/2 inch and no it doesnt seem to mess with anything.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Thank you for your reply.
Sponsored