Ford vs Ferrari at SEMA

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
During this years SEMA, I was lucky enough to be invited to a private event hosted by Shelby American.

Started with a cocktail party at the Shelby Heritage Center, kind words from Team Shelby's Gary Patterson, unveiling of the new F150 Shelby Super Snake Sport Truck and an historical review of GT40 Mark II No 1.

Then off to the screening of Ford vs Ferrari!!! Excellent movie on all fronts. A must see with limited liberties taken making it a true historical American masterpiece. Academy Award recognition is definitely in the "picture".

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5300.JPG

IMG_5230.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

__5cf07cabcbbcc.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

hobbie1

hobbie1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Damm - I was at SEMA - sure would have liked to attend.... did hit Shelby twice while in town for some goodies...

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the actual movie today in a noon matinee.

It's a great movie if you like night racing with day racing at Le Mans.

I am no actor critic, but the dudes seemed believable to me. The racing video's showed the talent needed to race at 230 Mph at Le Mans in the night time.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
We went and watched it last night. First time in almost ten years we actually went to a movie. It was a good flick for sure, even with all the hollyweird liberties they took with the actual history. I never could accept Matt Damon as Carroll Shelby though. He's a good actor and did a fine job, but he just never came across as "Shelby" to me. But let's be honest, the real reason to see that movie is to watch all those sexy GT40s blasting across the big screen. :)
Sponsored