How Much Was Your Ceramic Coating?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Why would they say that?? .... Nanocrystalline is indeed a ceramic product!, it may not contain the levels of SiO2 as the top brands and as such will not last a long! The initial application will look like your picture (excellent by the way!) but my application of CQuartz UK 3.0 will last 4-5yrs!! .. nothing wrong with what you have but it will not last as long. What is the POP spray or what do you add at shows or after several car washes???
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Thank you. I’ve only applied it once so far and only drive it on nice days (which are pretty much over until April here in Western PA) so it still looks great...no plans to try any other products till the Adams is used up.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Free labor. The ceramic cost about $90 (quartz uk3.0). Did it with a friend. Took 10 hours. Wouldn’t recommend it unless you truly know what you’re doing. Especially considering my car is black.

Old5.Oguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto
I paid $1500 for a full paint correction, 3 coats of CQ quartz professional, 4 year warranty. Car is BLACK and it’s amazing how many swirls a light scratches there were from the dealer. I ordinarily detail my own cars but never owned a black car and didn’t want to screw it up, plus I never applied ceramic coat. The guy I used came recommended by friends who own exotics (fairly expensive ones). He had the car 4 days. The paint correction actually bought out the blue flake in the paint, so when you look at the car in the sun it’s pretty cool looking. He truly did do an amazing job. Plus he said if there are any issues or minor scratches along the way I could bring the car back and he would take care of it no charge. Keep in mind I live in a major metro area where everything costs a shit load of money. One thing though, even though black looks incredible I will never buy another black car. Next one is either metallic gray or white.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I paid $1500 for a full paint correction, 3 coats of CQ quartz professional, 4 year warranty. Car is BLACK and it’s amazing how many swirls a light scratches there were from the dealer. I ordinarily detail my own cars but never owned a black car and didn’t want to screw it up, plus I never applied ceramic coat. The guy I used came recommended by friends who own exotics (fairly expensive ones). He had the car 4 days. The paint correction actually bought out the blue flake in the paint, so when you look at the car in the sun it’s pretty cool looking. He truly did do an amazing job. Plus he said if there are any issues or minor scratches along the way I could bring the car back and he would take care of it no charge. Keep in mind I live in a major metro area where everything costs a shit load of money. One thing though, even though black looks incredible I will never buy another black car. Next one is either metallic gray or white.
Same here. My friend and I did the paint correction. Really my friend. Lol. Then we applied the ceramic coat. Amazing how nice my car looks now. Not one swirl on it and it’s black. I have learned the issue with detailing is it’s always good to do yourself if you can because you know exactly how much clear coat you’re taking off in regards to what grade polish pad you use when polishing the car. Can’t really say what the detailer did. That’s my issue with letting others touch my car. The whole process took 10-11 hours.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlackStallion18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 5.0 Mustang w/Performance Package 1
Vehicle Showcase
I paid $850 for a 4 stage paint correction (had some stubborn swirls) and 3 coats of Drexler ceramic coating which includes a 3 year warranty. The guy who did it for me runs a small operation but can definitely hang with the big boys. Picked up my car and it looked like it was wet, I'd never seen so much depth in a cars paint before.

izo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White
I paid $850 for a 4 stage paint correction (had some stubborn swirls) and 3 coats of Drexler ceramic coating which includes a 3 year warranty. The guy who did it for me runs a small operation but can definitely hang with the big boys. Picked up my car and it looked like it was wet, I'd never seen so much depth in a cars paint before.
hey can you share their contact information? I want to take my gt350 to them!

Free33d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm really debating doing ceramic coating for my 15 gt in competition orange. I have been a hobby detailer for about 3-4 years now. I have built up a bunch of supplies over the years. A part of me doesn't want to do it because by wax and sealant will be gathering dust afterwards and I have a good amount of it. I'm also considering the meguiars hybrid ceramic wax. Let me know what you guys think.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
@Free33d I’ve been the same since 96 when my first Black car restoration was completed! I’ve owned many Black cars and did, at one time, enjoy the detail, wax, polish, spritz etc...to get things ready for the shows!, I cannot even imagine my total hours of labor ??? Ceramic Coating I started in 2016 with my Black 15 Stang Black Magic !! Doing everything yourself....over 20hrs and about $150 in total products. I use CQuartz UK 3.0....then the Reload for the top coat. The show pop is a spritz they have called Elixir...BOOM you’re done. My car is garage kept for the entire winter...then in their again while it’s driven in the summer 6 months. At this rate....I’m done for 4-5years!! That would represent a ton of wax products....and hundreds of labor hours doing it that way!! You will wash your car less...as it won’t get dirty!! Do your wheels in and out and buy Ceramic brake pads...almost zero brake dust ( just rinses off anyway) when you drive the car in the rain...the rain actually washes it!! It becomes.. 85-90% Hydrophobic!!

Finally..THE SHINE... it looks wet all the time!! It is amazing....the metallics pop like never before. The surface is indeed...GLASS !!

these are my opinions.....I also respect the waxers/polishers choices out there that enjoy garage time and spending hours and dollars every week! Me...I do other fun things with my time.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
We just got my wifes brand new Escape done by a professional place in Silver Spring. The Escape turned out AMAZING! The guy is one of the best. He uses GTechniq, it is not cheap and he has to keep it overnight. It comes with a 9 year warranty though. The Escape cost $1600, the Mustang will be the same. As it is ALSO black, I may go for it....

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to do it yourself even if it is nice if someone else does it for you :giggle:

I highly recommend the Gyeon Syncro kit. Super easy to apply. However it requires a bit of planning as it is a total of 3 coatings that needs be done on top washing+decon+polishing.....

takzGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
raman
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
i got opti coat pro plus for 1299 or 1399 cant remember lol

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
A4E8C97D-86DD-48DE-9DC2-2CA98173E594.jpeg
I corrected my paint, which takes out many imperfections that you can’t see until it’s under LED’s. I do all the decontamination and everything else that most people touched on In this post. There is so much to paint correction that you really have to know what you are doing. I do about 5 vehicles a year for customers since I have a full time job. There isn’t a brand new car that doesn’t need corrected before a ceramic coat is applied. Prep is the most important part to the process.

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
This is a customers truck I did a few months ago
BC5BAF49-EFA7-491C-8AB1-0DD8104C701D.jpeg
Sponsored