turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
The Optic Armor DIBO windshield arrived perfectly. Friggin light!

opticarmor.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Who's going to put that in for you, or you going to attempt it yourself
Going to hire out for this job vs trying myself. The fab shop has a window person. I could likely do it, but would make a mess..which is what happened when I caulked all of our kitchen and bathrooms.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Ran up to the fab the other day, they wanted a couple of the interior pieces I pulled in order to set the hope front to back. They called FatFab to confirm some things as well. I really appreciate the diligence around getting it perfect. They should have some progress pics early next week and wrapped up shortly after.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Took advantage of Motion Racework's black friday sale to pick up a co2 parachute release kit. I will still need a regulator, bottle, and switch.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Took advantage of Motion Racework's black friday sale to pick up a co2 parachute release kit. I will still need a regulator, bottle, and switch.
Make sure on the switch to incorporate some sort of arm/disarm switch. A good routine we use is don't arm the parachute until pulling into the burnout box. You don't want to be able to accidentally pop the chute. Is your chute air launched, or spring and just air actuated? If air launched you also don't want pressure always on the bag and cable retention.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Make sure on the switch to incorporate some sort of arm/disarm switch. A good routine we use is don't arm the parachute until pulling into the burnout box. You don't want to be able to accidentally pop the chute. Is your chute air launched, or spring and just air actuated? If air launched you also don't want pressure always on the bag and cable retention.
Co2 will just be for the release handle inside the car. Instead of reaching up to throw it, I'll press a button on the steering wheel that will shoot 85psi to swing the handle and pull the chute pin/cable. The parachute itself will likely be a Stroud 430 pilot spring, no air launcher or pusher spring. I'll keep the co2 off to prevent the chute from deploying accidently day-to-day. You are saying it's a good practice to have an arming button that makes the steering wheel button go live or not, correct? I don't see why I couldn't do that.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
To give an update on the roll cage, the FatHouseFab kit has provided quite the list of obstacles for the local fab shop putting it in. I'll do a more complete update when I have more pics, but the fab shop is disappointed and said FatHouse was not helpful over the phone.

Here's the quote: "Yeah I'm not very impressed especially for the price. They were not very helpful on the phone either didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. But fortunately the NHRA rep was here today and did certify it."

I was going to pick up the car tonight, but decided to have a little more work done. I'll now get it early next week. Short and sweet is having a pre-bent cage will always provide issues, but the list was much longer than I thought it would be which turned into more expense for me.

Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Co2 will just be for the release handle inside the car. Instead of reaching up to throw it, I'll press a button on the steering wheel that will shoot 85psi to swing the handle and pull the chute pin/cable. The parachute itself will likely be a Stroud 430 pilot spring, no air launcher or pusher spring. I'll keep the co2 off to prevent the chute from deploying accidently day-to-day. You are saying it's a good practice to have an arming button that makes the steering wheel button go live or not, correct? I don't see why I couldn't do that.
correct.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
To give an update on the roll cage, the FatHouseFab kit has provided quite the list of obstacles for the local fab shop putting it in. I'll do a more complete update when I have more pics, but the fab shop is disappointed and said FatHouse was not helpful over the phone.

Here's the quote: "Yeah I'm not very impressed especially for the price. They were not very helpful on the phone either didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. But fortunately the NHRA rep was here today and did certify it."

I was going to pick up the car tonight, but decided to have a little more work done. I'll now get it early next week. Short and sweet is having a pre-bent cage will always provide issues, but the list was much longer than I thought it would be which turned into more expense for me.
bentdoorbar1.jpg
bentdoorbar.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
First pic of the cage in the car:

rollcage.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Any pics inside?
None yet. This was a facebook story that the fab shop posted that I screenshot to share here. I'm looking to collect the car on Monday. Should have many pics posted that night.

Happy Thanksgiving, Walt and all you other folks! :turkey::turkey:
Sponsored