Sponsored

2016 Radio Stopped Working

Modrodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have a 2016 GTPP and the other day I parked my car, came back to it 15 minutes later and the radio was not working. The screen did not light up, nothing. I unhooked / rehooked the negative battery terminal and the problem went away. I have had the car 7 months and it only has 600 miles. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix for it? I hate to take it to the dealership, if they don't have a fix for it. Thanks in advance.

I should note it is the base stereo.
Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Modrodr,

This hasn't been a reported issue, but happy to hear that the problem went away after disconnecting the battery. Reach out again if the problem persists.

Cara

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
I have a 2015 with a base radio this has happened to my car twice.Both times i had to open the door and get out and get the key out of range.Got back in ,started it up and all was good.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Had the same problem when I turned off the radio and turned it back on and quickly started the engine. It fixed itself when I did the reset. I think it was like Power button and back? or something like that.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just had this happen to me after work. Got in, started car. No radio. Drove home all the way without it. Will see next time I start the car but weird for sure.

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
its happened to me twice since ive owned it ..once it was like 98 degrees out. and the other was 2 weeks ago.. i got home parked it in the garage went out for some stuff a few hrs later and it worked ..odd my buddies girlfriends escape does it randomly also

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I recall switching the radio on and then VERY quickly putting it into reverse ... wonder if the rear view camera couldn't react quick enough?

MYSHARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG V6
Mine does this on and off. Has since about 3k miles. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter times. Haven't been to the dealer about it yet.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
As an update to my issue, went for a drive in the car this morning for the first time since and the radio is back to normal ... so far it seems to me that the quick movement between pressing the radio button ON and then putting the gear into R (thereby trying to invoke the rear view camera) caused my issue. The rear camera didn't even come on btw.

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
My radio stopped working ..Turned on and off car a bunch of times didn't help. Pulled fuse # 33 inside right kick panel fuse box, reinstalled and it works good now.
Sponsored