2019 BMW M3 vs 2019 Mustang GT

rishi_says

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rishi
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem, PP2
I've enjoyed this thread. Especially the comments about the Mustang having soul.

I am about to take delivery of my 2019 GT with Magnaride and have previously owned 911 turbo and R8 (V8)
Of those two I always said the Porsche had soul. The R8 was ruthlessly efficient and made a better noise but was disconnected and lacked the soul of the 911.

I am really looking forward to getting back into a car with soul after 6 years of a supercharged Range Rover.
Ruthlessly efficient us how I felt about my S4. It was extremely predictable and almost surgical when I used to take it up to the mountains. I wanted something with a sense of drama that made you giggle without putting you in a precarious situation. You'll love the GT
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Ruthlessly efficient us how I felt about my S4. It was extremely predictable and almost surgical when I used to take it up to the mountains. I wanted something with a sense of drama that made you giggle without putting you in a precarious situation. You'll love the GT
I've owned '97, '99 and '03 Cobras and a 2011 Audi S4 before this Mustang. I've also spent time in a GT350 and a 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo, as well as my neighbor's two M3's and his current M4. The main reason I'm back to a Mustang is the "dirty girl" theory from previous posts... there's just something about it that's intoxicating and bad-ass feeling that I didn't get from the S4, which was the WORST car I have ever owned in terms of reliability. It was constantly in the shop, there's no conveniently-located dealer near me, and it was pretty fast, but not really. Oh and it SUCKED in the winter. (I drive a Silverado in the winter now with the Mustang.) My buddy's M3's and M4's drive great but to me are very sterile...like fast Honda Accords. No disrespect at all to the GT350 guys, but having owned the GT (with the minor mods I've done to it) I'd never spend the extra money it would take to get into a GT350 - it's just not that much different than my car, and I actually prefer the GT's engine because I don't like having to constantly drive at over 5000 rpm to get real thrust. The 911 Turbo checked all the boxes, best car I've ever driven, and would take one in a heartbeat if it was the same price as the GT, but wouldn't spend $175,000 for it.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
OP
OP
2019fordmustang

2019fordmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Omar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, BMW 545i, Mercedes E550, Mercedes E320, Kia Sorento V6
I own a 2018 A10 pp a 2019 bullitt and a 2020 M340i x With the B58 engine they are all absolute fun fast cars my Favorite is probably the the one im driving at the time ..seriously i think my A10 PP car has the edge it makes such sweet noise at 6500-7500 rpm and that transmission in drag mode is wickedly fun .
Wow man that's awesome. Is there much difference in the 2018 and 2019 besides the transmissions?

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Wow man that's awesome. Is there much difference in the 2018 and 2019 besides the transmissions?
Not a big difference, the 19 is a bullitt edition so its just loaded with all the options you could possibly get in a mustang. Also comes with gt350 intake and throttle body and open element cold air intake. Honestly if they made it in an A10 i would have got it that way but non the less its still lots of fun in 6 speed

Sponsored

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure why there's so much BMW hatred on this forum.

As I've said before, my '08 335xi coupe was a blast to drive. No hiccups well into six figure mileage. My '18 F150 went through three engines and a buyback in 4k miles. Stuff happens.

However, if you don't think an M3 has soul, you're doing something wrong. Most people who buy Mustangs, Camaros, etc. buy them to brag about HP numbers and throw out some Americana heritage talk. But when it comes to heritage, the M3 has plenty and then some.

Whether you like the Mustang better or you like the M3 better, it doesn't change some of the facts that exist between the two. Yes, in a straight line, the GT is the faster car. In the same way that the M3 is the better car in: handling, resale, build quality, ride quality, etc. You pay for what you get in the M3, but you do get it. I personally feel my GT/CS, at $48k MSRP, was WAY overpriced. But I bought it because I like Mustangs, I wanted a nice V8 soundtrack, and the return of the CS was pretty cool. This is the nicest GT/CS package Ford has ever made in my honest opinion. And I love my car. But I certainly would love an M3 as well.

Bottom line, we all like what we like. But to say "A BMW is the ultimate leasing machine" is no better than those that say "Every '18 & '19 GT has engine problems due to the cylinder lining". Every brand has good and bad. In my experience, Ford is the only buyback I've ever had out of over 100+ new cars I've owned.
I’m new to this forum and new to the Mustang and I’m really disappointed to read all these generalisations on both sides.
I didn’t buy my car to brag about strait lines. I’m not fussed about comparing HP. But I’m a petrol head so I’ll always want more. For me.
I don’t know anything about heritage and having owned a 911. The Porsche fraternity are far worse for that.
I bought my car because I love the noise and the look and I’ve always wanted an American muscle car.
I don’t hate BMW. However, they are not to my taste. I had a 3 series once and found the seats uncomfortable for me.
I’ve never been in an M3 but I can see the appeal for those that like the brand and I can appreciate the engineering that goes into them.
Can’t we just accept that we all have different tastes and different reasons behind our choice of car. We should share our experiences of various cars we’ve owned without feeling the need to bash each other.

I’ll get off my soap box now.

as you were.

Nev.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll get off my soap box now.

as you were.

Nev.
No getting away from it, friend. There'll always be comparisons, and with them, prejudices will ensue. The Mustang, generically, has walked away from the Camaro so who's next in the cross-hairs? The M3, which is pretty much what the GT has become, better in some ways.

Play the loud pipes as much as you want and enjoy! Welcome to the banter we call forums. BTW, go read an M3 forum someday. This place will seem tame in comparison. You'll never convince an M3 owner that a car that cost 50% less is as good. But it's fun to try ;)

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Haha
You’re right I know.
People are always more mean behind the keyboard than they would be face to face.

not been on an M3 forum but the Porsche ones were always very opinionated. Especially 911 owners vs Boxster owners lol.

I have been playing the loud pipes plenty but still trying to figure out how to pull away gently in this cold wether. Keep spinning the fekkin wheels lol.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
... Keep spinning the fekkin wheels lol.
Let the tires slip a little, just do it a fraction before you actually need to pull out. Gets the driveline taught and ready ;)

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Getting the hang of of it now so I’ve gone and bought some mods lol.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
18 Up GT A10 with good E85 tune is gonna Phuck up a lot of cars on the street for so little $$ compared to anything else. Cheap fun In my book.

Nevyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nevyn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang V8 GT
Vehicle Showcase
18 Up GT A10 with good E85 tune is gonna Phuck up a lot of cars on the street for so little $$ compared to anything else. Cheap fun In my book.
Speaking of tune.
move been reading that not many places will tune the cars with GPF that we have in UK
I’m keeping my eye out for anyone that has success in this respect

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
For me, 59 yo, driving a Mustang puts a smile on my face. So does a Vette and to a lesser degree Camaro and Challenger. BMW M cars are without question fine cars, but to be honest aside from us car nuts, nobody knows what they are because they look like every other car on the road. There is no soul IMHO. Also BMW M are very expensive to fix and after all that plastic has had many heat/cool cycles it will crack and it does. American cars have a lot of engine related plastic as well but BMW takes it to an entirely different level. On the plus side they do tend to keep their value rather well so that's a consideration. It's nice to have so many choices!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I've owned '97, '99 and '03 Cobras and a 2011 Audi S4 before this Mustang. I've also spent time in a GT350 and a 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo, as well as my neighbor's two M3's and his current M4. The main reason I'm back to a Mustang is the "dirty girl" theory from previous posts... there's just something about it that's intoxicating and bad-ass feeling that I didn't get from the S4, which was the WORST car I have ever owned in terms of reliability. It was constantly in the shop, there's no conveniently-located dealer near me, and it was pretty fast, but not really. Oh and it SUCKED in the winter. (I drive a Silverado in the winter now with the Mustang.) My buddy's M3's and M4's drive great but to me are very sterile...like fast Honda Accords. No disrespect at all to the GT350 guys, but having owned the GT (with the minor mods I've done to it) I'd never spend the extra money it would take to get into a GT350 - it's just not that much different than my car, and I actually prefer the GT's engine because I don't like having to constantly drive at over 5000 rpm to get real thrust. The 911 Turbo checked all the boxes, best car I've ever driven, and would take one in a heartbeat if it was the same price as the GT, but wouldn't spend $175,000 for it.
Your S4 sucked in the winter?
Clearly you cheaped out and didn’t go with a dedicated winter rim and tire setup. My winter setup Audi’s have been way more confidence expiring than any vehicle I’ve ever driven, and I live in the snow belt.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
For me, 59 yo, driving a Mustang puts a smile on my face. So does a Vette and to a lesser degree Camaro and Challenger. BMW M cars are without question fine cars, but to be honest aside from us car nuts, nobody knows what they are because they look like every other car on the road. There is no soul IMHO. Also BMW M are very expensive to fix and after all that plastic has had many heat/cool cycles it will crack and it does. American cars have a lot of engine related plastic as well but BMW takes it to an entirely different level. On the plus side they do tend to keep their value rather well so that's a consideration. It's nice to have so many choices!
You can tell which BMWs break a lot and are expensive to repair, because used their value plummets very quickly. And there are some.
Sponsored