gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
After knocking down 1400 with 62/74 SX-E's on the shop drag car, I'm strongly leaning towards them. I'll probably use a turbowerx pump. Excited to see what she can do for you!
Im sure my El Cheapo 67's would support 1400.. im certain of it. How long theyll last is anyones guess tho lol.

62/74 sxe... what frame turbo is that? Not an sx200..... maybe sx300? Not sure sx300 would fit with this low mount system.

Borg makes QUALITY shit. If/when my cx turbos shit the bed, ill probably throw on some s257sxe's with t4 hot sides.
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a dealer for CX Racing and have purchased the hotside as well and plan to test it out on a 15-17 6R80 car. We are currently deciding if we should run comp oiless/borg sx-e's/CX 67's. If there's enough interest I'm sure we can work something out with them, my hopes was to assemble a basic "ready" to go kit and source everything together for people but once people hear CX racing the interest seems to stop.
This is what I was hoping for. The OP has serious skills, I unfortunately do not. I don't mind getting a bit dirty but don't have the means of doing serious modifications or heavy lifting. Though the kit is cheap enough as is, its the turbos that I believe needs a group buy. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt you could get the entire group to agree on one particular brand. lol

Haha no need. With a little fab work, this is a true 1000++ hp kit that can be installed by the home mechanic for half the $$ than the competition. Just happy to help.

For the price of the Comp oilless turbos, it doesnt make sense IMO. Sure they would make things easier, but my oiling system works FANTASTIC and i have 0 plans to mess with it.

Im in the middle of a motor build and i plan to push the 67's to 20psi next year somewhere around q2.

I'll be showing everyone that this kit will support ~1200.... or whatever my current fuel system allows LOL.
I do road racing so I'm not too sure I want to go the oil line route myself. Oil-less makes more sense for me in that high G turns could cause oil starvation which could be devastating for the turbos at high RPM. From a price point, if you price one of the market turbo kits with Comp oil-less, it is wildly expensive (over $10k in some instances).

OhChuteRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im sure my El Cheapo 67's would support 1400.. im certain of it. How long theyll last is anyones guess tho lol.

62/74 sxe... what frame turbo is that? Not an sx200..... maybe sx300? Not sure sx300 would fit with this low mount system.

Borg makes QUALITY shit. If/when my cx turbos shit the bed, ill probably throw on some s257sxe's with t4 hot sides.
Yes they are 300s. I’d be curious how big can fit. I know people have managed Comp 67s under there.

This is what I was hoping for. The OP has serious skills, I unfortunately do not. I don't mind getting a bit dirty but don't have the means of doing serious modifications or heavy lifting. Though the kit is cheap enough as is, its the turbos that I believe needs a group buy. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt you could get the entire group to agree on one particular brand. lol

I do road racing so I'm not too sure I want to go the oil line route myself. Oil-less makes more sense for me in that high G turns could cause oil starvation which could be devastating for the turbos at high RPM. From a price point, if you price one of the market turbo kits with Comp oil-less, it is wildly expensive (over $10k in some instances).
I don’t see oil being pushed and pumped into the pan having issues with starvation, using coolant to keep the turbos cool if sharing the engine coolant system without serious upgrades while tracking the car might be a concern. Either way you can get Comp CT-4s fairly reasonable in price but the new CT-R series they are very proud of. The turbos would eat most of your cost up.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they are 300s. I’d be curious how big can fit. I know people have managed Comp 67s under there.

I don’t see oil being pushed and pumped into the pan having issues with starvation, using coolant to keep the turbos cool if sharing the engine coolant system without serious upgrades while tracking the car might be a concern. Either way you can get Comp CT-4s fairly reasonable in price but the new CT-R series they are very proud of. The turbos would eat most of your cost up.
It depends where your pickups are for oil. A 1G turn sloshes fluids really fast. Oil-less air cooled turbos are pretty cool. Though I wonder how that would work on a low mount kit.

OhChuteRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It depends where your pickups are for oil. A 1G turn sloshes fluids really fast. Oil-less air cooled turbos are pretty cool. Though I wonder how that would work on a low mount kit.
They are huge and I can't imagine it would be easy getting air to them under the car without them being below the frame rail. A top mount using some type of fresh air feed would be the best for those.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The oil is fed from the pressure sensor port and road racing would not have any impact on this unless the pickup is exposed in the pan which would also starve engine bearings. The oil fed is a non issue.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
@gimmie11s I started a parts list and custom work you did. I put links in where I found them. Do you mind editing the list with specifics like links, sizes, count, etc?

Parts
Custom work

Last edited:
OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!

This is part is still not correct.....-10 oil feeds (x2) https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-1059

There are no -10 oil feeds. That part number belongs under this: m12 1.5 x m12 x 1.5 x 1/8 NPT adapter

So it should look like this:

--m12 1.5 x m12 x 1.5 x 1/8 NPT adapter (x2)
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-1059
Sorry about that, should be correct now. Do you have info for the 2 stage electronic boost controller with a MAC solenoid? I found one but wasn't sure if it was the same one.

OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I think thats the bulk of it.. looks great!

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Ok it is all cleaned up. If there are some links you want to emphasize, just let me know which link and what detail you want to emphasize. @gimmie11s thanks for doing all this work. Good stuff man.

P.S. I won't be posting step by step instructions but will be glad to clean up and add instructions if someone wants to put that effort in. My goal was to just get a parts list and give an idea of what custom work had to be done to make it all work.
Sponsored