2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

valentin78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
valentin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang roush3
Hey folks I’ve been creeping on this thread for a while now. First off huge thanks to Sam and everyone that put in the work to figure out this awesome mod.

For those looking to save some cash, the digital cluster can be sourced on eBay. There is a seller that’s selling for $895 with no core. I bought mine from him and it is factory new, never been programmed or installed.

I sourced the rest of the parts from White Bear Lake Ford. Placed my order yesterday and already received shipping notification on all parts. They do have the best prices.

Can’t wait to get this installed!
DDA8D30B-B6F4-42B0-B013-355BD9F2751F.png
can we have ssn pls?thanks
Sponsored

valentin78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
valentin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang roush3
OK so im a little confused so if somebody help me ...i have the new digital cluster installed and i was able to connect thru forscan but i dont know where and what to change in order for the steering wheel controls to work so i can use the cluster ...i have a 2019 so i replaced only the right side top and bottom thank you

valentin78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
valentin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang roush3
thank you Sam..did it and was quick and easy ...but i noticed that i have no power to both lighter chargers the one under switches and the one in the arm rest...do you have any idea what might be ?thank you

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
thank you Sam..did it and was quick and easy ...but i noticed that i have no power to both lighter chargers the one under switches and the one in the arm rest...do you have any idea what might be ?thank you
Check fuse 54 in the engine compartment. Try another one there even if it looks ok.

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does anyone know if a way to pertinently turn off "tire pressure sensor fault" and the oil change light through the ForScan or is this even possible?

Long story short, I purchased a co-part 2018 GT that was wrecked and the buttons on the steering wheel do not work, the downshift paddle doesn't work and the turn signals. I've replaced the steering wheel, the buttons, the SCCM and the clock spring. I've checked the fuses in both inside and under the hood.

Also, is there a way to program the cluster to start up with a predetermined color selection and mode? Due to me not being able to press the buttons?

Sponsored

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hey folks, I'm in the process of doing my install. Thought I would share that at Lowe's right now the Dremel multi max tool is on clearance for only $41! Normally $99. I cant speak if it will be the same price in your area. Worth a look, best tool for cutting the plastic....
IMG_8985.jpg

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those oscillating tools are great. I have a porter cable but it was kind of too big to comfortably work in the dash with it. How big is the dremel one? I ended up just using a regular dremel with a right angle attachment that I have had for like 17 years.

Hey folks, I'm in the process of doing my install. Thought I would share that at Lowe's right now the Dremel multi max tool is on clearance for only $41! Normally $99. I cant speak if it will be the same price in your area. Worth a look, best tool for cutting the plastic....
IMG_8985.jpg

1QwkEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Those oscillating tools are great. I have a porter cable but it was kind of too big to comfortably work in the dash with it. How big is the dremel one? I ended up just using a regular dremel with a right angle attachment that I have had for like 17 years.
It’s more compact than the other options, I had zero problems moving around inside that area to cut everything. Cuts were clean and precise. Getting it for that price too was a major bonus. Helps a bit to take some of the pain out of all the cash I just spent hehe...

asci01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th Anniversary & 50 LE
Hey guys. I have a '15 Auto and I have finally joined the club of those of you who have swapped to the digital cluster. Everything works except that I have the dreaded 4x4 error.

I have searched but no luck finding a solution. Anybody knows how I can get rid of it? Any help is appreciated!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Just a heads up for everyone who has an export car that is equipped with a rear fog light.

Like with the front fog lights the rear one (if equipped) has an icon on the display that lights up when switching it on (it's the amber one in the picture, right next to the front fog light icon). Now the rear fog light is something that most people never ever use and so I had never noticed before that the little icon didn't work on my new cluster. However in my country this is mandatory and two weeks ago my car failed the annual inspection because of it not lighting up. Thankfully Sam figured out which Forscan setting needed to be changed and helped me out doing the update. Great service as usual.

74614782_796759100779191_8268621177983860736_n.jpg

Sponsored

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Just a heads up for everyone who has an export car that is equipped with a rear fog light.

Like with the front fog lights the rear one (if equipped) has an icon on the display that lights up when switching it on (it's the amber one in the picture, right next to the front fog light icon). Now the rear fog light is something that most people never ever use and so I had never noticed before that the little icon didn't work on my new cluster. However in my country this is mandatory and two weeks ago my car failed the annual inspection because of it not lighting up. Thankfully Sam figured out which Forscan setting needed to be changed and helped me out doing the update. Great service as usual.

74614782_796759100779191_8268621177983860736_n.jpg
So which setting is it? I am planning on doing the same and need the rear fog light working...

homegrown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Manual CO
Just ordered mine from Hellhorse

Last edited:

Bombrcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your package from Hellhorse Performance was delivered on Fri 12/06/2019 !!!!!!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The digital dash is one of the main reasons why I bought a '19 with the digital dash.
My buddy bought a used '18 ecoboost convertible earlier this year and brought into work one day. I saw the digital dash and I had to have that.

Bombrcar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Installed!!
Great product from Hellhorse. Excellent instructions from Sam , too!
IMG_20191207_161713.jpg
Sponsored