Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
  • Banned
Well I suppose it's about that time to switch from e85 to 93. Took me little over half an hour to start the car this morning. 6 cranks wouldn't start so I got the cranking time exceeded warning, waited 10-15mins and tried again, same results, however, third time was the charm.
Sponsored

Fjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT fastback
Is it that hard to start on e85 in the cold?

OP
OP

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
  • Banned
Is it that hard to start on e85 in the cold?
Depending on how cold and if your tuner added crank fueling for lower temperature it can be a long process. However, I just talked to Lund and they're gonna try adding 35% fueling to cranking at low temp and see how that works for me.

Fjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT fastback
How cold is it there? I'm in Michigan, we get some pretty cold weather at times and I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Lund flex fuel tune. I want to make sure I don't go out to start my Mustang when it's zero degrees outside and find it just can't start.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Well I suppose it's about that time to switch from e85 to 93. Took me little over half an hour to start the car this morning. 6 cranks wouldn't start so I got the cranking time exceeded warning, waited 10-15mins and tried again, same results, however, third time was the charm.
If it’s that hard to start you need to get in touch with your tuner, he evidently didn’t adjust the cold start tables to work with E85.

Sponsored

OP
OP

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
  • Banned
Low 20's overnight and into the early morning. I'm not sure if it'll be a dig difference between flex and dedicated e85 but just make sure to tell whoever it is tuning you that it's really cold out and that you'll need extra fueling for cranking. My buddy started his c5 corvette this morning first try on dedicated e85 and it was 23 degrees out.

laregood24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lund tuned e85 starts right up every time even when it was 25 outside. They had to add fuel twice. It nearly stalls for a second but never does. There is so much fuel that I do have backfires if i try to give it too much throttle for the first minute or so if a cold start.

OP
OP

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
  • Banned
Lund tuned e85 starts right up every time even when it was 25 outside. They had to add fuel twice. It nearly stalls for a second but never does. There is so much fuel that I do have backfires if i try to give it too much throttle for the first minute or so if a cold start.
Thanks for the info! Lund sent me a revision with an added 35% fueling at crank when temps are low but I haven't gotten around to running the 93 I put in a few days ago. Gonna give the revision a try this weekend so that I won't be late for work just incase it isn't enough fueling.
Sponsored