Sponsored

Steeda Stop the Hop Starter Kit vs. BMR CB010 + CB762 + SCB766

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thank you for the reply. I was under the impression after a lot of reading that the CB010 + CB762 was a more ideal solution than the CB005. Also, keeping in mind that I want to reduce wheel hop but the car will used far more on road courses and to enjoy a connected spirited drive out in the countryside, rather than drag racing which I might only do once or twice per year.

I'll be honest that I'm not sure why I'm wary of the LCA bearings beyond cost to fit them and potential NVH, as my FD Mazda RX-7 has 6 pillowballs in the rear suspension to go along with an aluminium front and rear double wishbone setup (it's why they handle so damn well out of the box with so much feedback), and this does not bother me in the RX-7. Having said that, the RX-7 is far less refined, rides terrible by comparison on anything but relatively smooth roads, and is generally really loud and too talkative (i.e. it communicates everything to you) to be a really nice GT-style road car. Not that it was ever designed to be in the first place.
The single most improvement our racers have found is that the Steeda IRS braces made the biggest change as far as IRS control
On Another note, we found our Road Race#20 car and our HPDE Red S550 had faster lap times with the elastomer bushing versus the LCA bearings.
We found LCA bearing to be a great benefit for the drag racers in control of axle hop and improving their short times.

Steeda Tech
Sponsored

OP
OP
cib24

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
The single most improvement our racers have found is that the Steeda IRS braces made the biggest change as far as IRS control
On Another note, we found our Road Race#20 car and our HPDE Red S550 had faster lap times with the elastomer bushing versus the LCA bearings.
We found LCA bearing to be a great benefit for the drag racers in control of axle hop and improving their short times.

Steeda Tech
Thank you. That is very interesting. I would expect a pillowball bearing to perform better but can't argue with results!

I will look into that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
@cib24 go to my build thread, find my review of the LCA bearings, and watch that video of the bushing bind. You don't want that in your suspension. It introduces significant added rate in the travel of the suspension, both up and down, and allows for geometric deflection during weight transfer. Allowing the rear suspension to droop freely improves low and medium speed cornering grip significantly, and crucially, lets the rear diff bias torque much better.

Perhaps people who went slower with them didn't account for the rate change in their setup, but there's no reason for it to make the car slower.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thank you. That is very interesting. I would expect a pillowball bearing to perform better but can't argue with results!

I will look into that.

I will look into that.
Racing either proves the theory or destroys it! We are not bench racers at Steeda!

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Thanks for the reply. I read through quite a few threads on here about the CB005 and it seems like a lot of people have some trouble with the install and require a prybar and a hammer in some cases! Not the end of the world but when laying on my back in my garage is prefer to be able to just bolt thing up.

I also read in one of those threads from BMR that the CB010 is more than enough with the CB762, and that the added pieces in the CB005 aren't going to make much more difference, so why spend the extra cash and go through the headache of getting the holes and threads all line up?
I installed all three, but my driver's side CB005; never fit correctly over the IRS mount. I tried two sets from BMR and it will not align up fully. It appears to be off by a couple of degrees. And please, don't start BS back and forth. Im 6' and weigh 250, used multiple pry bars, two people will not align up fully. I've been wrenching, designing making parts for over 30 years. I was going to saw the driver's side CB005 in two, install the two pieces so everything is aligned up, tac weld the two pieces, then take them off to fully weld. Then reinstall. But I decided the CB010, CB762 support is more than enough to stop all rear wheel hop. (Note). I still have the XB005 Installed, I will reinspect later this month during winter projects to see if it moved any. If not I will just leave it installed even though it is off a couple if degrees. Good luck.

Last edited:

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I installed all three, but my driver's side CB005; never fit correctly over the IRS mount. I tried two sets from BMR and it will not align up fully. It appears to be off by a couple of degrees. And please, don't start BS back and forth. Im 6' and weigh 250, used multiple pry bars, two people will not align up fully. I've been wrenching, designing making parts for over 30 years. I was going to saw the driver's side CB005 in two, install the two pieces so everything is aligned up, tac weld the two pieces, then take them off to fully weld. Then reinstall. But I decided the CB010, CB762 support is more than enough to stop all rear wheel hop. (Note). I still have the XB005 Installed, I will reinspect later this month during winter projects to see if it moved any. If not I will just leave it installed even though it is off a couple if degrees. Good luck.
This has been my experience with BMR parts as well. I'm tired of paying a fabricator to make their parts fit properly. I'm slowly working on getting everything BMR off of my car.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
This has been my experience with BMR parts as well. I'm tired of paying a fabricator to make their parts fit properly. I'm slowly working on getting everything BMR off of my car.
Who are you going with?.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who are you going with?.
Not sure on some of it. I already have some Steeda parts and I just bought the AAD Performance package(Camber arms, toe links and vertical links). Haven't had a chance to install them yet, but they are absolute works of art. By far the nicest suspension pieces I have ever seen for the S550 with a different approach to adjustment than what is commonly seen. It's a shame these pieces will be hidden from view underneath the car.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Not sure on some of it. I already have some Steeda parts and I just bought the AAD Performance package(Camber arms, toe links and vertical links). Haven't had a chance to install them yet, but they are absolute works of art. By far the nicest suspension pieces I have ever seen for the S550 with a different approach to adjustment than what is commonly seen. It's a shame these pieces will be hidden from view underneath the car.
Ill check them out. Thanks

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Also, My BMR Rear Parts make my Rear Tire movement Pops like they are to tight, Sticking ETC. I see where AAD States their parts were designed to prevent these rear end from popping. I might have to change them out this winter for that is one think I do not like

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
Thanks for the kind words, Enjoy that blue drag pack! if you dont mind, would you DM me your alignment specs with what tabs you end up using when you get the kit installed?

The more data we have, the better our customer service can aid customers with specific alignment and tab suggestions

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the kind words, Enjoy that blue drag pack! if you dont mind, would you DM me your alignment specs with what tabs you end up using when you get the kit installed?

The more data we have, the better our customer service can aid customers with specific alignment and tab suggestions
Absolutely. I own a shop with a Hunter Hawkeye Elite so I plan on taking my time to come up with a street and drag setting.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)

Hi. I just ordered the AAD Rear Camber Links, Toe Links and Vertical Links. The ones I installed stick and Pop allot and I don't like the feel of that happening. I hope AAD Links are more smoother.

AAD Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aadperformance.com
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
S550 5.0 2.9L Whipple AAD Drag Pak
Hi. I just ordered the AAD Rear Camber Links, Toe Links and Vertical Links. The ones I installed stick and Pop allot and I don't like the feel of that happening. I hope AAD Links are more smoother.
Thanks
Thanks for giving us a shot, what’s the set up on your car? Do you daily it, drag race, auto cross? We’ve been working with a few customers (several of which are forum members) to deliver these kits with every tab needed to hit the desired camber/toe number for their intended use.
Sponsored