Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
That's why I hate posting from my phone. Nope - was actually replying to Shogun when he mentioned stock GT cat backs.

And with BBK Long tubes and either one of their mid pipes (catted or not) it will bolt up to the MBRP Catback designed for the GT. The BBK mid pipe might require some 'persuasion' on first install but otherwise works perfectly. That's the combo I drove on for 20K miles on my '17.
Yes tracking WITH the midpipe as part of the package it would work.
Sponsored

Last edited:

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic 3.7L V6 auto, Eibach lowering springs, Bama tune
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I'm socking some money away each month to build up a kitty for future mods.

Any thoughts, something I'm missing?
similar situation. picked up a 2017 stock v6. put on eibach lowering springs and a tune. Got an offer of a good deal on a loan and considered a GT but due to duty where I live a $47k GT becomes $56k.

thinking to save money, work with what i've got and mod and tune it. Potential build list, not married to any of the decisions, more place holders till i do more research. Suggestions welcomed. approx $13k in parts + $3500 duty

wheels & tires - Carroll Shelby Wheel Company CS-5 Wheel And Tire Package 19" X 9.5" Gloss Gunmetal 2005-2020 - $2,676.49

cold air intake - Roush Cold Air Intake Kit V6 2015-2017 - $399.99

throttle body - BBK Throttle Body Power Plus 73mm Mustang V6 2011-2017/F-150 V6 2012-2014 - $449.99

throttle body spacer - Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer V6 2011-2017 - $143.99

anti roll bar - Eibach Anti-Roll Kit 35mm Front/25mm Rear 2015-2020 - $495.00

Exhaust - Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System 2-1/4" ATAK Stainless Steel With 4" Polished Tips V6 2015-2017 - $1,297.99

suspension - Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System 2015-2020 - $144.95

Steeda Rear Subframe Support Braces IRS Fastback 2015-2020 - $244.95

Steeda Rear Toe Link Adjustable Pair 2015-2020 - $269.95

Steeda Rear Vertical Link Billet Aluminum Pair 2015-2020 - $254.95

Steeda Rear Subframe Alignment Kit IRS 2015-2020 - $39.99

gears - Ford Performance Ring And Pinion Gear 3.55 Set 8.8" IRS 2015-2020 - $167.99

supercharger - Procharger High Output Intercooled Supercharger Kit (15-17 V6) - $6,369.00

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'd skip the intake, throttle body and throttle body spacer. You won't really need them with the Procharger. I would spend the money on a lightweight driveshaft.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with what Fuse said. I would add that upgrading springs and dampers made a noticable difference in my car once it had bigger wheels and tires. The ride seemed less controlled with the heavier tires (275 vs. 235) on the stock suspension. Springs, struts, and shocks fixed that and also improved the handling considerably without any other suspension changes.

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd skip the intake, throttle body and throttle body spacer. You won't really need them with the Procharger. I would spend the money on a lightweight driveshaft.
I thought the intake was needed as roush used to sell supercharger kits with the air intake, but can't seem to see that available anymore

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with what Fuse said. I would add that upgrading springs and dampers made a noticable difference in my car once it had bigger wheels and tires. The ride seemed less controlled with the heavier tires (275 vs. 235) on the stock suspension. Springs, struts, and shocks fixed that and also improved the handling considerably without any other suspension changes.
did springs already but good point need to do shocks too

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Ah just look at my sig....thats all the upgrades you want lol. Be smart though and shop around for used stuff and save some money. I got more green dropped on my ride than I want to admit lol. Once you start its hard to stop.

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah just look at my sig....thats all the upgrades you want lol. Be smart though and shop around for used stuff and save some money. I got more green dropped on my ride than I want to admit lol. Once you start its hard to stop.
was on my phone and you sig wasn't showing, see it now, that's a lot! no second hand stuff here, small mustang/ford club, we're on an island so pretty much have to bring in everything new with a 30% markup. so not going to go to crazy, but stiffer ride, more power and quicker off the line will do. a sleeper that can waste GT's would be fun.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

boogie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 1.5k from a procharger. Decided to just save up for that. Days are so slow when I'm so close to my goal haha
what other mods you got? I was thinking to do the same, but from all the reading, research and questions to owners, it seems like best idea to spend about $1k on suspension upgrades/stiffening and wheel and tires, before adding power, so that's my plan.

Don't get to drive much these days due to lockdown so gonna wait till it's over.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
what other mods you got? I was thinking to do the same, but from all the reading, research and questions to owners, it seems like best idea to spend about $1k on suspension upgrades/stiffening and wheel and tires, before adding power, so that's my plan.

Don't get to drive much these days due to lockdown so gonna wait till it's over.
Base GT comes with much the same stuff as a V6 except for bigger front brakes and 130 more horsepower so right around base Procharger tune power, you'll be fine without upgrading those but they are always enjoyable and would make it better.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I completely overhauled my suspension, but I build for the twisties and road course. Not everyone has that goal. At a minimum get the BMR cradle lockout kit, swaybars, springs, shocks and struts, Peformance Package Toe Links, and Perfomance Package cowl and K-member brace. Also, obviously wheel and tires. Your driving experience will be a night and day difference.

People are dumping suspension parts like crazy on the forums and Facebook right now. People are upgrading rides or getting new cars. Now is a good time to get second hand parts for cheap.
Sponsored