2015 EcoBoost tune

Jayecoboost15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost 15
So i have a 2015 EcoBoost mustang and looking to get it tuned i know the cobb v3 is popular i was thinking about going with this my question is , it worth it and how much hp do you fellas think ill get out of it , i have a roush intake and resonator delete and and muffler delete not the best but thats the budget thanks in advance ! :)
20191102_093655.jpg
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes it's worth it. OTS tune you should see @20-30 hp & 40-50 lb ft. increase. You need to choose a custom tuner who will get even more for you. The response from the engine/turbo will be greatly improved.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
You should be OK running Cobb Stage 1 tune with the parts you have now. Your next priority should be an aftermarket intercooler; you should be able to find one for less than a Cobb tuner. That will keep you from heat-soaking, and allow you to run Stage 2 tune. That's where I am right now. I hope to get a downpipe and Stage 3 next year.

OP
OP

Jayecoboost15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost 15
You should be OK running Cobb Stage 1 tune with the parts you have now. Your next priority should be an aftermarket intercooler; you should be able to find one for less than a Cobb tuner. That will keep you from heat-soaking, and allow you to run Stage 2 tune. That's where I am right now. I hope to get a downpipe and Stage 3 next year.
Nice ! How is the stage 2 holding up faster ?

Sponsored

Deleted member

Nice ! How is the stage 2 holding up faster ?
Don't bother with the Cobb stage 2 or 3 tunes, they are crap. Get a custom tune from PD Tuning, Tune+ or stratified and your car will be happier for it.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
If you're going to spend the money on the Cobb AP you really should get a custom tune while you're at it. Those off the shelf tunes are okay but are still very neutered, don't feel that great, and really should only be a placeholder until you get a custom map.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Upgrade your intercooler first.
Sponsored