Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was REALLY hoping this was a joke gone bad pulled on us by Ford. I WIlLL be selling my whippled s550 and going to another brand. Unbelievable how one day literally changed my life. What a disrgrace the ford motor company is for letting this actually go through.
Sponsored

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Like I said before, my impression of the specs are a bit underwhelming. The standard AWD models shouldn't still have a 0-60 of mid 5 sec...
That is no different than the Mustang EB. Not every Mustang is a V8 GT.

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I was hoping this was a bad dream , but apparently not so. Ford we have no issue with this little teeny girl looking suv , make a million of them , and sell every one , but why in gods name are you completely shaming the Mustang for it. I still cannot fathom how idiotic this is. My whippled s550 will be gone and I will not be purchasing any new FoMoCo’s in the future. Unbelievable

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I own my first Chevy right now, but I have always been a Ford guy. I've owned so many Mustangs that it's difficult for me to even count them. Announcements like this make me feel foolish to have so much "loyalty" to a car company. I mean, what am I thinking? They are just trying to make money and as long as their math says they will make money they are going to go forward. Love of past vehicles, honoring the company's history - those are emotional things that aren't part of the equation.

They plan to go to electrics and get rid of the V8. Why am I giving my money to a company so opposed to the things I want in a car?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I was REALLY hoping this was a joke gone bad pulled on us by Ford. I WIlLL be selling my whippled s550 and going to another brand. Unbelievable how one day literally changed my life. What a disrgrace the ford motor company is for letting this actually go through.
I get not buying another one, but they've already got your money and you already like your current car. I don't see this option making sense. Nobody is forcing you to get the Mach-E at all.

Overall the numbers seem kinda disappointing for the base, wonder what they've got coming with the GT level.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
That is no different than the Mustang EB. Not every Mustang is a V8 GT.
But this is an EV... My point is for an AWD EV it is not impressive. The Model Y for instance (Mach Es direct competitor it seems) has a 0-60 of 5.5 for the RWD vs the "Mid 6sec" for the Mach E and 4.8 for the AWD version vs "mid 5sec" for the Mach E. Only the GT variant beats the Y in 0-60 but looses out in range. (230 vs 280) Oh by the way the Model Y is priced lower and comes with more standard features (unless the features for the Mach E trims were just placeholders) and has more advertised range for the AWD variants and will (likely) be available sooner then the Mach E.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
When you factor in the increased weight and aero penalty it’s impressive.
For a traditional car/SUV yes.... for an EV when compared to the competition, not really.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
For all of you that are pi$$ed off about this, there might be another part of the announcement that will make you feel a little better. Still under embargo so all I’ll say is, wait for the other shoe to drop.
Maybe Ford will announce that the Mach-E will be the only electric Mustang, and that they are committed to the gas engine platform for the Mustang coupe for the foreseeable future.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Maybe Ford will announce that the Mach-E will be the only electric Mustang, and that they are committed to the gas engine platform for the Mustang coupe for the foreseeable future.
Yea no.... IF there is something else (a "one more thing" in apple terms) then it would be plans for an EV Mustang. I do not doubt that the S550 will stick around for a bit longer for hybrid variants but the future of the mustang and every car for that matter is EV.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
If this competes with Model Y then Mach-3 should come compete against Model 3
Mach-3.jpg

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
If this competes with Model Y then Mach-3 should come compete against Model 3
Mach-3.jpg
LETS DO IT! I actually liked that 90s Mach 3 concept....

It needs to be 2 door though... And get rid of those double fender flares....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You may or may not like SUV/CUV’s and that’s your right. That said the Porsche Cayenne is one balls out vehicle, especially the Turbo. The new Macan electric could have 700+ horsepower. If Ford can give us this kind of performance for $60k it is going to sell. I know my wife wants one.
One other thing. I know we all dislike Ford right now but it is also in our best interest for this vehicle to succeed. Our Mustang will depend on it.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
You're right ain't nothing we ca do that will change it so all we can do is let it ruin or day or go on to another subject.
If the internet could complain loud enough to get them to change the design of sonic for the upcoming movie why can't we do the same! Come on internet unite!

You may or may not like SUV/CUV’s and that’s your right. That said the Porsche Cayenne is one balls out vehicle, especially the Turbo. The new Macan electric could have 700+ horsepower. If Ford can give us this kind of performance for $60k it is going to sell. I know my wife wants one.
One other thing. I know we all dislike Ford right now but it is also in our best interest for this vehicle to succeed. Our Mustang will depend on it.
I agree and I am fine with Ford making a performance electric vehicle. I was even fine with them using mustang styling and was even fine with calling it Mach E. BUT, calling it specifically a Mustang to me is a big swing and a miss. There was another thread on here about a 4 door mustang. I was all for it, just don't call it Mustang.

Like you said, the Cayenne is a great vehicle, obviously 911 inspired, but not called 911

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Awwww.... wittle Ford got all bent and pulled the original hyperlink after the data was found and put out on the Mach-E forum.... So much for a grand splash when someone in their own internal sectors was STUPID enough to even put all of those details into a link within a link that was not protected. Maybe the Ford IT Team needs to be leveled, nothing like letting the cat out of the bag and blowing all chances of the big hurrah....

... and those MSRP’s, are you kidding????

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
For all of you that are pi$$ed off about this, there might be another part of the announcement that will make you feel a little better. Still under embargo so all I’ll say is, wait for the other shoe to drop.
and what is that - the ONLY positive news that can offset a now known Mustang Minivan is that Ford will be putting the Mustang Lithium into production BEFORE the Minivan.... (that would have been the smart thing to do).

—-

oh jeez.... wait... is the big announcement going to be that a Heritage S550 Mach 1 is going to be released at the same time as the “MachE”?
Sponsored