2020 Shelby GT500 and GT350 Dealer Allocation

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Call ford customer assistance. I am certain he is wrong.
I am giving him 1 more chance to do the right thing. Because I don't have a VIN he can change the spec and I am sure someone else will snap up the allocation. He is trying to get me to buy one of his 2019 Rs but the one id consider doesn't have the CF dash and that is an option id want and unfortunately when buying a 75K car I am being a little firm that I want it exactly how I want it.

So we will see, hopefully he comes to his senses and I can pass along the allocation to another forum member.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The owners response to me saying give back my deposit is that the only way he is legally required to refund my money is if he cannot deliver the car i ordered.
I wish he was closer so i could have this conversation face to face.
What dealer is this again?

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
What dealer is this again?
Sorry I don't want to put that information out to everyone until I see how the owner is going to move forward with my request to get my deposit back. Maybe it is just a misunderstanding and he will come around and give it back and allow me to pass along the allocation to another member no harm no foul. But we will see.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am giving him 1 more chance to do the right thing. Because I don't have a VIN he can change the spec and I am sure someone else will snap up the allocation. He is trying to get me to buy one of his 2019 Rs but the one id consider doesn't have the CF dash and that is an option id want and unfortunately when buying a 75K car I am being a little firm that I want it exactly how I want it.

So we will see, hopefully he comes to his senses and I can pass along the allocation to another forum member.
My advice is to find another dealer. My dealer has told me time and time again that they can not and do not keep deposits unless it has been agreed upon due to some oddball color or configuration.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Call the state DA more like it, if you're sure about the law
I'd start with Ford. Lawyers are not the best thing to do first.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
My advice is to find another dealer. My dealer has told me time and time again that they can not and do not keep deposits unless it has been agreed upon due to some oddball color or configuration.
I already have another dealer with a 2020 350R allocation that I would like to take BUT I need to get rid of the GT500 first and get that $$. My build was pretty straight forward.

Base
TO
Painted Black Roof
Tech & Handling Packages
CF Dash

Back to the waiting game again.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I already have another dealer with a 2020 350R allocation that I would like to take BUT I need to get rid of the GT500 first and get that $$. My build was pretty straight forward.

Base
TO
Painted Black Roof
Tech & Handling Packages
CF Dash

Here is the possible dilemma. People with orders are sometimes mistaken in thinking that the allocation is theirs. The allocation and car belongs to the dealer until they sell it to you. Your deposit was to place an order at a particular dealership. If you back out of the deal, the allocation/car is not yours to trade, give, or auction off..... it remains the property of the dealer. By the sound of it, your dealer does not want to give you your deposit back. It seems that his position is that if you back out of the agreement, you are defaulting on your part of the agreement. He very well may try to keep your deposit whether you buy the car or not. You finding another buyer may not satisfy his greedy ass position of trying to keep your money.

I would contact Ford immediately and maybe they can intervene on your behalf.

Govern yourself accordingly.

jin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 Iconic Silver, 2020 GT350R Magnetic

Base
TO
Painted Black Roof
Tech & Handling Packages
CF Dash

You've given them one chance to many already! I hate this stuff, especially when the car isn't even built yet. Let us know who it is..... I know in most States they are not allowed to keep a deposit but I had one Porsche dealer that dragged his feet on me. Hopefully you put the deposit on a credit card (ALWAYS) so it was pretty easy for me to contact the credit card company and refute the charge. They reversed the charge to the dealer and issued me an immediate "provisional" credit. I think I then submitted the order form to them and no where did it say "non refundable", and the dealer never responded to their inquiry so the full credit was a few days later.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Here is the possible dilemma. People with orders are sometimes mistaken in thinking that the allocation is theirs. The allocation and car belongs to the dealer until they sell it to you. Your deposit was to place an order at a particular dealership. If you back out of the deal, the allocation/car is not yours to trade, give, or auction off..... it remains the property of the dealer. By the sound of it, your dealer does not want to give you your deposit back. It seems that his position is that if you back out of the agreement, you are defaulting on your part of the agreement. He very well may try to keep your deposit whether you buy the car or not. You finding another buyer may not satisfy his greedy ass position of trying to keep your money.

I would contact Ford immediately and maybe they can intervene on your behalf.

Govern yourself accordingly.
Yea I plan on calling Ford on my way home from work if he doesn't change his stance. I think hes worried someone else won't pay the 10k ADM I was willing to pay. Every day is a new adventure that is for sure.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yea I plan on calling Ford on my way home from work if he doesn't change his stance. I think hes worried someone else won't pay the 10k ADM I was willing to pay. Every day is a new adventure that is for sure.
Its worth your time to get Ford involved. Depending on the amount of money you put down, it may or may not be worth taking him to court. I only put half my ADM (which wasn't much) down. I could walk away from that if I had to. However, I was told by my dealership that they can't and don't try to keep deposits unless some weird configuration or color is ordered. So, start with Ford and see what they say. If you strike out there, you will be looking at a lawyer for sound legal advice.

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I'd start with Ford. Lawyers are not the best thing to do first.
Agreed, file a consumer complaint (administered by the DA office) and they will call the dealership. I do not know what happens on this call but I do know from experience they are good at getting the attention of corporations that otherwise wouldn't give you the time of day.

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Good luck. What a cluster. Keep us posted.

What a screwed up business model this whole allocation / contract is.
I put a deposit on something but but not sure what.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
You've given them one chance to many already! I hate this stuff, especially when the car isn't even built yet. Let us know who it is..... I know in most States they are not allowed to keep a deposit but I had one Porsche dealer that dragged his feet on me. Hopefully you put the deposit on a credit card (ALWAYS) so it was pretty easy for me to contact the credit card company and refute the charge. They reversed the charge to the dealer and issued me an immediate "provisional" credit. I think I then submitted the order form to them and no where did it say "non refundable", and the dealer never responded to their inquiry so the full credit was a few days later.
I did the same thing when I ordered a GT. The dealer took a small deposit and after 9 weeks, they stopped responding entirely about the status of the car. Prior to that, they repeatedly lied about its status. My credit card refunded my money because nothing signed stated they could keep it and they failed to deliver in their stated time line.

That car did end up coming in... 5.5 months later, at the end of summer when I ordered in the spring. And that is why I have so little faith in this entire process with the 500.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Yea i never signed anything it wss all ny email and phone. Im running down some Rs today and will see what the original dealer wants to do.

Dide note i did come across a great desler that is very motivated to sell 2 of their 2019 350s, both are base models, no recaros. If anyone is seriously looking let me know.