04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right subforum for this.

EDIT: ( I made a poor choice in wording for the title, I dont specifically want coilovers just a better suspension setup.)

I have a 19 GT with the base suspension (no PP). I want to tighten up the handling. I realize tires matter the most, and i have separate plans for that. WIth black friday coming up, i am hoping i can score a good deal on some coils.

I have three brands in mind based on research done here on the forums. I am not sure who typically has good sales.

In order i am looking for a good deal on:
1. Ford performance track kit ( i know these arent true coilovers but they will do exactly what i want)

2. Steeda

3. Fortune auto 500s

is there anyone else i should consider/ watch for black Friday sales.
Just as a background:
My goal is to have something track capable but livable on the street since this is my default road trip car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
There are tens or hundreds of threads about setups that make for a track-capable, but mainly street driven car, and one definitely doesn't need coilovers to do it. Also, good shocks & struts with a matched & moderate increase in spring rate is a far better option than cheap coilovers.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
There are tens or hundreds of threads about setups that make for a track-capable, but mainly street driven car, and one definitely doesn't need coilovers to do it. Also, good shocks & struts with a matched & moderate increase in spring rate is a far better option than cheap coilovers.
I agree with what you are saying, but I know for a fact the steeda setups in that price range are well regarded, as is the ford suspension setup. Specifically i read through about 20 pages and 3 threads on the Steeda setup. I am more so asking if anyone thinks there will be any good Black friday deals on any of the brands i listed. or if i have made a glaring omission in the brands i am considering. Coilovers was a poor choice of words, i want a suspension setup.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Unless you're setting lap times, you don't need coilovers. Quality spring/shock setups will perform better and cost less than cheap coilovers.

Now to address your actual question, I know LMR has deals already on their website. I'm sure Steeda will as well. I don't like to recommend American Muscle but they will definitely have deals as well.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Unless you're setting lap times, you don't need coilovers. Quality spring/shock setups will perform better and cost less than cheap coilovers.

Now to address your actual question, I know LMR has deals already on their website. I'm sure Steeda will as well. I don't like to recommend American Muscle but they will definitely have deals as well.
Thanks for the info!
I cant rule out setting lap times, I do auto cross for fun, and i am trying to get into HPDE and other track events. My GTI is my prefered car for that for now, but I certainly want to leave the option open to track my stang down the road. Its just not my main driver.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Do all of the major chassis bracing and alignment fixes first AND do something about the eggregious rear differential bushing slop be it the 'heavy duty bolt' solution or one of the bushing lockout/replacements from Steeda/BMR/Whiteline.

For autocross and road course DEFINITELY do the front swaybar end links (Steeda/BMR) and get a stiffer bar while you're at it. (want a PP1 front sway?)

You have to be mindful with rear coilovers so you don't rip the attachment point out of the very weak sheetmetal. Something like the Ohlins (https://hotpart.com/product/jm-prod...coil-over-kit-custom-spring-rates-front-rear/) keeps the spring separate.
Though I guess AFE
(https://afepower.com/afe-power-430-...ingle-adjustable-street-track-coilover-system)

and Cortex
(https://www.opmustang.com/store/p325/Xtreme-Grip_Coil-Over_System_-_CorteX%E2%80%93JRi_-Double_Adjustable_2015-2019_Mustang_S550__.html)

don't appear concerned enough to provide a workdaround as opposed to RideTech (https://www.cjponyparts.com/ridetech-coilover-kit-level-2-hq-series-2015-2020/p/12270210/) who IMO are doing it right.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with what you are saying, but I know for a fact the steeda setups in that price range are well regarded, as is the ford suspension setup. Specifically i read through about 20 pages and 3 threads on the Steeda setup. I am more so asking if anyone thinks there will be any good Black friday deals on any of the brands i listed. or if i have made a glaring omission in the brands i am considering. Coilovers was a poor choice of words, i want a suspension setup.
I didn't mean to sound short with you. Sorry about that.

For your goals, I'd probably recommend the tried and true GT350R springs or BMR SP083 Handling springs and the Ford Performance Track Monotubes (same as in their track handling kit) or the Bilstein B6 shocks and struts. Feel free to PM me with any detailed questions. There are LOTS of happy people with this option.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Not a recommendation, but I am interested what the Fortune Auto coilovers are like. You are most likely fairly local to them, as am I. Sounds like they actually race their products FWIW.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

For your goals, I'd probably recommend the tried and true GT350R springs or BMR SP083 Handling springs and the Ford Performance Track Monotubes (same as in their track handling kit) or the Bilstein B6 shocks and struts. Feel free to PM me with any detailed questions. There are LOTS of happy people with this option.
Yep and some people going real fast with them too.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but I am interested what the Fortune Auto coilovers are like.
yeah me too. That their rebuild facility is 90 minutes away is huge and their price is downright cheap for hand-built. And I can actually get a damping graph out of them I should think.

My GTI hasn't seen any mods but Fortune's shocks are at the top of the list. My Mustangs are all Steeda though. Unless someone wants to relieve me of NIB set of Steeda Pro-Actives already built up but not yet installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
Not a recommendation, but I am interested what the Fortune Auto coilovers are like. You are most likely fairly local to them, as am I. Sounds like they actually race their products FWIW.
I have a friend with the 510s on his FRS. It rides rough, but MY GOD does it take a turn. He has had them for about 3 years and has nothing but good things to say. I have another friend running 500s on his BRZ. I know a few people locally running them Ive been to their facility and its impressive.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt
yeah me too. That their rebuild facility is 90 minutes away is huge and their price is downright cheap for hand-built. And I can actually get a damping graph out of them I should think.

My GTI hasn't seen any mods but Fortune's shocks are at the top of the list. My Mustangs are all Steeda though. Unless someone wants to relieve me of NIB set of Steeda Pro-Actives already built up but not yet installed.
Do you mean GTI (aka VW GTI) or GT as in mustang? EIther way id love to know how the fortunes do. I have a GTI running some forge coils and while i love them, i want to swap to something with more race pedigree.

OP
OP

04lss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6mt

No worries, thanks for the info! I am open to any option. I am seriously considering letting Steeda piece me together a setup. I will send you a PM.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have a friend with the 510s on his FRS. It rides rough, but MY GOD does it take a turn. He has had them for about 3 years and has nothing but good things to say. I have another friend running 500s on his BRZ. I know a few people locally running them Ive been to their facility and its impressive.
You might be surprised at the BMR SP083 handling springs and basically the setup suggested by @BmacIL . It can REALLY corner man. So composed and competent. On the street with a decent summer tire it's not really fair - you can't even fully exploit. And on a road course you can push it really hard. The surprising thing is that it is more docile on the street than you might expect. It rides perfectly acceptable. But it's a driver full of feedback which I personally like, and it sounds like you like that as well.