Sponsored

Gun owners living in pro-gun States (They Agree with the 2nd Amendment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Your "trigger happy super pro 2nd amendment, maybe anti minority or anti anyone “stepping on my land” that will claim.." is just a thing invented by the anti-gun media.
But there ARE people like that. The media didn't invent anything. I'll give you that they might paint more people as such when they shouldn't, but to say people like that don't exist is ignoring reality.
Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....Shooting someone is shooting someone. Leg can be just as deadly as a chest shot. In the eyes of the law, you drew a weapon and fired. It has to be justified. My question is can you really justify shooting someone over PROPERTY (not inside a home, occupied vehicle, etc.)......
Please read my reply again.

I said that it is a legal doctrine that designates a person's abode or any legally occupied place (a vehicle, business, or home) as a place in which that person has protections when they know they are their under circumstances of deadly force to them or their kids.

If you refuse to try to protect your family upon a home attack, they will probably have your bloody story on Dateline.

• If a dude came after my car with a baseball bat and starts beating the shit out of it, I'll fire a round at him or, at least show him my Colt 911 .45 ACP..
  • If a dude or a bunch of dudes broke down your door, and they entered your house; You can assume that they came with deadly force. Shoot them.
  • If a dude came into your business then pointed a gun at you while demanding money; You can take the gun located under the cash drawer and neutralize the problem.
I am always open to discussion. I was explaining my views. I have had a gun permit for a long time and live in a Castle State. I have never pointed a gun at a person or anything but a paper target. I buy food at the grocery store.

I do keep a Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy in my car at all times (legal for any citizen).
GCa.JPG

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Every gun owner should go to their state's website and read up on the state's written gun laws, including the laws on using deadly force. Been many people who have shot someone else thinking they had the right to, but in the eyes of the state laws they committed a crime. Owning guns, and especially using them in the form of deadly force is a big responsibility, and can change your life forever if mistakes are made.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....Owning guns, and especially using them in the form of deadly force is a big responsibility, and can change your life forever if mistakes are made.
No shit? :shock:

It is never easy to read gun laws in any State. We have several gun forums in GA where you can ask questions about the laws and get good answers with the tech of the GA code.

Here is one of many:
https://www.georgiapacking.org/forums/

The murder rate in the inner City of Atlanta is high. Most of them are teenagers and idiots that are breaking the law to even have a gun. I never go there.

The murder rate in Chicago is among the highest in the Country. The ownership of any guns are illegal in Chicago.

I prefer to take the necessary legal protections for my family and friends while understanding the proper laws of engagement.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How many of you actually read your Hone State’s Gun Laws and/or the applicable Castle Doctrine?

Just because a State has a Castle Doctrine doesn’t mean it’s “go time”. That Doctrine is worded differently in every State and in some instances - the “no retreat” does not apply even with a Castle Doctrine in place.

Also to note, in many instances a CD doesn’t override current State Laws pertaining to Gun Ownership + self defense grounds or use of force if or when encountering an individual on one’s property (inside or outside).

To answer the question about someone breaking into a car that is parked in a home owners driveway:

1). Regardless of how far or how close the local or State Police Municipality may be, why not call and report the attempted break in first BEFORE stepping outside?

2) If you’re going to go outside, you better be equipped to not only keep control of your weapon, but if you’re attacked by someone who was the lookout, your own weapon can be used against you. Sure, call BS, be Mr Macho and say, “I’ll just blow them all away”... when facts are it’s been reported many times over that a Gun Owner was killed during an attempt to stop a burglary in progress. The thief or perpetrator has nothing to lose, especially if they are a repeat offender.

3) If you do use the weapon, whether injuring or killing the perp be prepared for the long haul - regardless of what you believe is your “right” and hope to hell you WERE totally within your State’s right to fire upon an individual who was on your property. It’s not as easy as the TV and Movies make it out to be....

I support those who have legal gun ownership and believe the same as others with regards to protecting one’s self, family and/or property - but if you don’t know all of the Ins/outs of your State laws, once the trigger is pulled, you can’t take it back...

and this is coming from a legal handgun owner from the good old state of NJ, which is one of the stricter States to gaining a handgun permit.

Point being with the hypothetical “what if” - don’t rely on a Castle Doctrine as being your “pass go” card... there’s a shit ton of legal fine print and intricacies, more so when current laws can trump it.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
How many of you actually read your Hone State’s Gun Laws and/or the applicable Castle Doctrine?

Just because a State has a Castle Doctrine doesn’t mean it’s “go time”. That Doctrine is worded differently in every State and in some instances - the “no retreat” does not apply even with a Castle Doctrine in place.
I know my State Laws.

I agree that all State Castle Doctrine Laws are different. Many City laws can override State Law.

I just looked around on several New Jersey gun forums and found them very helpful. I was shocked to read that NJ is a Castle State that allows most 2A Rights.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pres Camacho fully protects the 2nd Amendment ... and has a good economic plan too, lol.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Pres Camacho fully protects the 2nd Amendment ... and has a good economic plan too, lol.
I did watch some of the video. It was very weird. ;) How does an economic plan relate to gun ownership?

I watch Dateline on TV. It shows the rape and murder of many girls. I think most of that deranged activity can be stopped quickly when the girl uses her 2A Rights to kill him first. There are also the many instances when a serial killer attacks and kills (see above).

All of my family has a firearm (50% are girls). I have explained the laws. I have also trained them to fire in the leg first. This will discourage the sexual predator to back off.

I take them to a gun store. They buy the gun legally (I fund it later). It's ~$300.

Shield.JPG
Shielda.JPG

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did watch some of the video. It was very weird. ;) How does an economic plan relate to gun ownership?

All of my family has a firearm (50% are girls). I have explained the laws. I have also trained them to fire in the leg first. This will discourage the sexual predator to back off.
I threw Camacho in there because he's obviously for guns, lol.

Probably better to teach the girls to shoot 'em first in the middle leg instead. :wink:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
When I took my carry class, the instructor was former military/LEO and was full of good information (not to mention was very stringent when it came to live fire qualification).

He used one of the better analogies I've heard regarding the use of deadly force, that is putting yourself in the position of having to jump into a shark tank to protect. In other words, would I jump into a shark tank to save my child? Absolutely. Would I jump into a shark tank to keep a garaged car from being stolen? Nope, authorities and insurance can have that one. And so on.

There has to be imminent threat to life to justify, and if the perp retreats never, but never, shoot them in the back as they flee. And don't forget that even just brandishing a weapon is generally considered assault.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I took my carry class, the instructor was former military/LEO and was full of good information (not to mention was very stringent when it came to live fire qualification).

He used one of the better analogies I've heard regarding the use of deadly force, that is putting yourself in the position of having to jump into a shark tank to protect. In other words, would I jump into a shark tank to save my child? Absolutely. Would I jump into a shark tank to keep a garaged car from being stolen? Nope, authorities and insurance can have that one. And so on.

There has to be imminent threat to life to justify, and if the perp retreats never, but never, shoot them in the back as they flee. And don't forget that even just brandishing a weapon is generally considered assault.
Solid info there.

Brandishing a weapon (knife or gun) in an aggressive or threatening manner in my state is a misdemeanor if it’s not found permissible in a state of threat.

I’m sure there’s plenty of hungry lawyers that would like to argue that their bonehead defendant was unarmed, no threat and didn’t deserve the mental anguish and unshakable fear of having an individual display a firearm toward them when they could’ve avoided confrontation.

Unfortunately that’s the society we are in now.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Back to guns and why we own them.

I was in an upscale mall parking lot with my wife and a female friend of hers. All three of us were there to try to shop for cloths and have a nice lunch.

Two black dudes suddenly appeared from the shadows. I reached down to my ankle holster for a S&W Model 36 Chief's .38 Special. They ran away.

36-1a.jpg

The dudes didn't think a guy would have a gun in a Neiman Marcus store. They were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.