Sponsored

2018 mustang Corsa active exhaust problems

Mystangariel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt lighting blue
Hey all just finished with break in period and I finally opened up my stang but I notice when I drive the car now everytime I try to put the exhaust in sport or track mode it says I can't adjust it and reverts it back to normal and I don't like normal because if you accelerate slow it sounds like it is hissing because of the valves slowly moving. If anyone can relate or knows anything about it let me know. I also have full corsa catback with active valves if that means anything.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Is that a stock active exhaust or a corsa active exhaust, or did it come with active and you swapped out the corsa? It sounds like the latter. My assumption (based on limited information provided) is that the corsa active valves are not providing some sort of feedback the car is expecting.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Hey all just finished with break in period and I finally opened up my stang but I notice when I drive the car now everytime I try to put the exhaust in sport or track mode it says I can't adjust it and reverts it back to normal and I don't like normal because if you accelerate slow it sounds like it is hissing because of the valves slowly moving. If anyone can relate or knows anything about it let me know. I also have full corsa catback with active valves if that means anything.
I'm familiar with aftermarket mods... Call Corsa since you've modified your factory exhaust and are having issues.

OP
OP

Mystangariel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that a stock active exhaust or a corsa active exhaust, or did it come with active and you swapped out the corsa? It sounds like the latter. My assumption (based on limited information provided) is that the corsa active valves are not providing some sort of feedback the car is expecting.
I bought it from corsa with he active valves and had a shop install it and it switch through the modes just fine now I went to the car and it was making a bunch of clicks at the muffler and when I tried to change it to quite it said that changing it wasn't available at this time and I would hear more clicks.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Can't you tell if it is working or not..?

Just switch between the "modes" while parked and get out and put your hand/listen to exhaust. Possible if you hear "hissing" that something is clogged, or not opening an causing backpressure.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I think a better title for this thread would have been Corsa active exhaust problems since it isn't the stock active valve exhaust.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
sounds like something causing the valve to jam. my guess is its installed wrong like maybe backwards or something is blocking the valve/motor. id double check the valve orientation and call corsa.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
sounds like something causing the valve to jam. my guess is its installed wrong like maybe backwards or something is blocking the valve/motor. id double check the valve orientation and call corsa.
This. Double check everything and then call.

OP
OP

Mystangariel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took off the tips and readjusted springs to actuators and tightened everything up and so far so good wasn't hearing or getting any messages thanks for all help.

Shawn@Corsa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.corsaperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Corsa Equipped
I took off the tips and readjusted springs to actuators and tightened everything up and so far so good wasn't hearing or getting any messages thanks for all help.
It does seem like install issue as we reuse the factory motors and springs etc... for a seamless transition. If your adjustments do not seem to suffice please give our tech department a call and we'll get you back to 100%!!

Sponsored

Hellsummon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I bought it from corsa with he active valves and had a shop install it and it switch through the modes just fine now I went to the car and it was making a bunch of clicks at the muffler and when I tried to change it to quite it said that changing it wasn't available at this time and I would hear more clicks.
I'm actually having that same issue, though, it's intermittent. I attempted the calibration that I found on another thread here and am going to attempt to wipe out the KAM memory tomorrow to see if that helps. My car seems to knock it back to normal only after I select track mode...and the issue only arises with track mode.

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
I might suggest popping some wd40 on the flap joints, help keep them lubed up

dubopat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Was there ever any fixes for this? Currently having the same issue but mine is reverting when i choose quiet mode. Keeps flipping back and forth from quiet to normal.
Sponsored