turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Man you are putting in the work!! Good for you man!! Looking good and still following. Maybe when my kids are out I can throw that money at it...
Thanks, sir! All in time my friend. Some day I'll be drooling in a corner and nobody will be alive on the planet to care. lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
So at this point the interior from the front seats back is completely out. I then pulled the driver seat and started on the Kirkey install. I got that finished up and it feels like a racecar when you climb in, I love it. That's where I stopped for today. I'll pull the Kirkey back out and continue pulling out the interior.

mountedkirkey.jpg
mountedkirkey1.jpg

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As far as the air bags, are you still planning on rd driving this beast or track only. Dont know if your insurance would care or not.. maybe it's a non issue I don't know just a thought I had.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Racecar is gutted...

guttedmustang.jpg
interiorinside.jpg
dash.jpg

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Damn son. Your ready for some Lexan windows. And gutting those doors next. Race car sh!t!:rockon:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I considered putting in a polycarbonate windshield and rear window from Optic, but I think i'll keep glass in it for now. The weight savings would be 16 lbs from the front and 11 lbs on the rear. Although I'd like the nearly 30 lbs of weight savings to continue my max effort philosophy AND the safety benefits in case I have an accident, I don't know if I want to make it a hassle to drive on the street. I'd be worried the wipers, bugs, sun, or something else would ruin the windows pretty quick.

As far as the doors, I think I'm going to leave the door cards on so that the fab shop can make sure the doors fit nicely with the door bars. Does anyone know if there's weight savings in the door? I wouldn't want to remove the speaker, or any functional pieces.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Pulled the rear bumper so that the parachute bar can be stitched into the unibody. I'm going to attempt to drive the car to the fab shop instead of towing it so I zip tied the plate on and put the taillights in. I'll have to temporarily remount the dash and steering column and then remove it at the shop. Will save a few hundred in flat bed fees to do a little extra elbow grease.

The days are ticking down!!!

ziptiedplate.jpg

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Props for taking such a nice car and turning it into a racecar. I couldn't personally do it that's why I pulled the plug to build a real racecar. Gonna be a badass build one of these days.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Over the last month my wife and I have been planning a pinewood derby car event at our house. Race day was yesterday, and I thought I'd share.

We ordered 20 BSA pinewood derby kits and distributed them out to friends a month in advance to get them going. Most of the group had never built one before, including myself. I didn't realize just how serious people out there in the world take pinewood derbies. The tips, tricks, and special jigs out there blew my mind. In the end nobody got too hung up on cheating or bending the rules. Everyone did a good job sticking to the spirit of the event.

A buddy came over and helped me design and build a 32' collapsible track that we could setup in the media room to run the cars. 2 lanes with a trigger mechanism to release the cars fair and square.

I hand cut, filed, and sanded my truck. I didn't want to use any power tools - it was my area of pride lol. My wife built her car all on her own and she was extremely competitive, including taking me down. We ran a double elimination bracket and had an absolute blast.

Awards:
-winner of the double elimination bracket
-second place
-fan favorite
-bowmasta (that's me) choice

The fan favorite was an iron man car that actually lit up with a battery, which was very clever. The bowmasta choice went to a screen accurate replica of the shaggin wagon from Dumb and Dumber.

Here are some pics.

Me and the wife:

derby11.jpg
derby12.jpg
derby13.jpg
derby14.jpg
derby15.jpg
derby16.jpg
derby17.jpg
derby18.jpg
derby19.jpg
derby20.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Alright, here's an update. Dash is back in the car in order to get the steering up and running. Car is driveable. I take it for the roll cage install on Thursday!!! My excitement is through the roof.

Also got a promotion at work, hope it means I can get groceries on top of all of these car parts! :wink:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well..Beefcake did it again. Ordered a polycarbonate windshield from Optic.... :crazy:

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Cage kit is packed up in the mustang. Driving it into work and then leaving early to get it to the fab shop. There's more than an inch of snow on the ground today, wish me luck.

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Car is at the fab shop. Roads were clear when I woke up making it an easy mission.

snowstang.jpg

OP
OP
turnswrench

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Optic Armor windshield is set to be here Sunday. Excited to bring this group updates around the cage install as I get them. Stay tuned.
Sponsored