Sponsored

Ford Magneride Handling Pack M-9602-M vs. BMR Springs/Sways or Steeda Springs/Sways

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
Currently debating between going for the Ford Performance setup primarily due to the Magneride flash, but wondering if the more cost effective option of springs and sways is good enough for the ocassional track day?

Are upgraded endlinks a necessity when installing beefier sway bars or are the stock ones good enough for a while?

Is a bumpsteer kit necessary for a 0.5" to 0.75" drop?
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Do you have the Performance Pack? I think the endlinks may be included in that already.

The Ford Performance package is just Springs+bars and a tune. No one else offers a retune for the magneride yet, but its not "needed" at all.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Currently debating between going for the Ford Performance setup primarily due to the Magneride flash, but wondering if the more cost effective option of springs and sways is good enough for the ocassional track day?

Are upgraded endlinks a necessity when installing beefier sway bars or are the stock ones good enough for a while?

Is a bumpsteer kit necessary for a 0.5" to 0.75" drop?
Given I bent stock endlinks with BMR bar (which I think is smaller diameter than included in this package therefore less stiff), then yes - you absolutely need endlinks and I am not sure why they're not part of the package - it probably depends how hard you're going to drive it, but try it and you'll see - I can post a pic of stock one that's bent...

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Old thread I know but.. installed the Steeda Progressives 3/4” lowering springs! Their video secommend bringing the sway bar back to the factory neutral position position. Got the Steeda adjustable end links and as per Steeda Tech, I added 1/2” to the factory Front links Length. What a difference in ride quality!! Much smoother and less noisy! Now I need the Ford Flash to tune the Magnaride!!
@Schwerin ... why do you say not needed??

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Curious then...why does Ford recommend the VDM...module for their upgrade? I’ll see if I can just get that! I’ve got the Ateeda Springs...would I notice any difference with these sway bars?? And the Module??? View attachment 498172
F0AAC78D-A64C-460D-8B5B-C70BE82594B4.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Has anyone found a scrapped GT 350 and swapped the Magnaride controller in a GT or Eco? I'm curious if that's a thing.

The ultimate answer is the DCS controller. It's not cheap, but neither is all the stuff you can do with it.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Curious then...why does Ford recommend the VDM...module for their upgrade? I’ll see if I can just get that! I’ve got the Ateeda Springs...would I notice any difference with these sway bars?? And the Module??? View attachment 498172
Read it again - it's not the module, it's the VDM module software update.
You can replace the module with DSC Sport aftermarket controller but to use it's advantages you kinda have to know what you're doing.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Has anyone found a scrapped GT 350 and swapped the Magnaride controller in a GT or Eco? I'm curious if that's a thing.

The ultimate answer is the DCS controller. It's not cheap, but neither is all the stuff you can do with it.
I have a tentative plan to get DSC controller next year - if I end up getting it, will report how it works.
Talking to fast guys in a GT350 (Randy/Jim), it's biggest advantage is its ability to adjust the calibration on your own. Canned tunes that come with are just ok.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Yes, just the software, sorry!! Can we get just the software?? With the Magnaride we already have the module!! DUH !! Thanx

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yes, just the software, sorry!! Can we get just the software?? With the Magnaride we already have the module!! DUH !! Thanx
Nope, you can't. Have to get entire package with bars and springs.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Because it's "recommended" doesn't make it "required". If it was required then no one else's springs/bars would work properly without a controller re-tune. They also wouldn't be able to sells the springs/bars separately.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I’m thinking only of a more efficient operation of the Magnaride system. Say...ride quality improvement!

so you go to the Dr ... he says your hearts beating but I recommend this drug to make your machine run better/more efficiently.... then I really don’t have to, right??... Like clocking the bushings after lowering...its recommended but not necessary???.....it’s like we really don’t need these mods, we could have just left it stock!! lol....ya, right!! Anyway, I’ll persue with the hunt !! Just thinking out loud.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Did anyone here get this package with the VDM software module?
Sponsored