Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
That crooked marker woukd drive my ocd nuts, lol. Where did you get the cover? You could tske it to an upholsterer and they would fix it. I want to get a cover and have my steering wheel done instead of buying a new wheel. It would be cheaper and i want a thick BMW style wheel look.
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
@USMCtoARMY I bought mine from ebay and messaged the seller to customize the cover. It is actually for the normal steering wheel and not for a GT350 style wheel. But I was curious to see if it would fit. There are other sellers who sell similar covers that can be customized but I went with this one: steering wheel link.

I'm thinking of redoing mine to fix the top stripe. It is best to remove the steering wheel before applying the cover.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Very nice! Nice wheel.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'm really impressed by how well the Gmax performs. I really like the tires. They are also really quite compared to the stock goodyear all season. Although I think I have defective TPM sensors. They activated but after a while they blank out and I get the error: Tire Pressure Monitor Fault. I bought the training tool and it doesn't want to train when you engage the car into tire training mode. Might need to buy a new set.

I think I found a nice looking (subjective) rear diffusers that fit the non-premium bumpers: Street Aero rear diffuser.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really impressed by how well the Gmax performs. I really like the tires. They are also really quite compared to the stock goodyear all season. Although I think I have defective TPM sensors. They activated but after a while they blank out and I get the error: Tire Pressure Monitor Fault. I bought the training tool and it doesn't want to train when you engage the car into tire training mode. Might need to buy a new set.

I think I found a nice looking (subjective) rear diffusers that fit the non-premium bumpers: Street Aero rear diffuser.
The tires are good. All the GT owners I know have summer tires but all seasons in this size have enough grip for my use.

I also had problems with the TPMS I bought on Amazon. I could get the first two of them to train but not the 3rd. I finally took it to the Ford dealer and they pinpointed one sensor as bad and replaced it. Glad I didn't need to replace all four at their prices!

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
So been working 80 hours a week for months now, why I've been so quiet.

To to revisit, I can buy something like the MBRP 3 inch catback from AM and it will work fine on my v6?

Basically just need the shop I bring it to, work up piping or whatever?

I think I'm going for bbk long tube headers, the mbrp exhaust and a dyno tune. Along with a CAI, but haven't decided on which one.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Any 15-17 GT catback will bolt right on with no mods needed.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Shipping might be murder but otherwise check your local 'speed shop' for cast-off factory exhausts. If anyone in northern VA with a V6 wants a GT exhaust, Performance by Jax (Sterling) has at least one with basically no miles.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
It will fit no issues. If you add longtubes thats a different story.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I was actually referring to aftermarket cat back exhaust systems. Any system that is designed to be a bolt on for a 15-17 GT will fit the V6 S550 with ZERO mods.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I was actually referring to aftermarket cat back exhaust systems. Any system that is designed to be a bolt on for a 15-17 GT will fit the V6 S550 with ZERO mods.
If your response was to me I was tracking what you meant. I was completely in agreement with a GT catback system. I was just looking at what OP listed with his potential mod list:

"I think I'm going for bbk long tube headers, the mbrp exhaust and a dyno tune. Along with a CAI, but haven't decided on which one."

Just letting him know those two don't mix.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
If your response was to me I was tracking what you meant. I was completely in agreement with a GT catback system. I was just looking at what OP listed with his potential mod list:

"I think I'm going for bbk long tube headers, the mbrp exhaust and a dyno tune. Along with a CAI, but haven't decided on which one."

Just letting him know those two don't mix.
That's why I hate posting from my phone. Nope - was actually replying to Shogun when he mentioned stock GT cat backs.

And with BBK Long tubes and either one of their mid pipes (catted or not) it will bolt up to the MBRP Catback designed for the GT. The BBK mid pipe might require some 'persuasion' on first install but otherwise works perfectly. That's the combo I drove on for 20K miles on my '17.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
That's why I hate posting from my phone. Nope - was actually replying to Shogun when he mentioned stock GT cat backs.

And with BBK Long tubes and either one of their mid pipes (catted or not) it will bolt up to the MBRP Catback designed for the GT. The BBK mid pipe might require some 'persuasion' on first install but otherwise works perfectly. That's the combo I drove on for 20K miles on my '17.
Yes I didn't state that I also had bought the bbk catted pipe to go between.
Sponsored