Sponsored

Bunch of kids shut down a FREEWAY in Dallas to do donuts...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I can only speak from my own experience... Usually in my experience with my friends/classmates/etc... People who came from a good home situation had enough sense to not shut down a freeway to do burnouts.... That is my opinion. Kids can do dumb things yes, but the extent of those dumb actions IMO is determined by their upbringing and lifestyle.

The point of my OP though was to shoot back at the usual "we are doomed because these kids are the future" BS.
Your point is well taken and your opinion is, well your opinion. But I'd like to clarify that "upbringing and lifestyle" goes both ways. Two words.......Ethan Couch.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
People of every generation do dumb shit. Doesn't matter how they were raised.
The difference is that most of these young people have lived their entire lives with the internet and social media as a constant.
So now they publicize and record and post much of the dumb shit they do.

Couldn't be more proud of my 22 year old son. I told him at 10 years old...don't text or put anything on the internet you wouldn't want your Mother to see. Because nothing ever gets truly deleted once it's out there.
I watched otherwise great young kids deal with a lot of strife because no one enforced that rule to them.

Of course he does dumb shit. Difference is he doesn't video it and upload it.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Your point is well taken and your opinion is, well your opinion. But I'd like to clarify that "upbringing and lifestyle" goes both ways. Two words.......Ethan Couch.
I think we might be confusing what a "Good Home" situation or upbringing consists of. I've watched plenty of kids who came from backgrounds where money was never an issue. That didn't mean their parents did their jobs. Providing is just one part of it. I've also known kids who came from nothing - but their parent(s) instilled a set of values in them. Many of them are successful because of that.

I've never met a well-adjusted young man (I coached for many years) who didn't have a strong parental presence in their life - whether that was both parents, a single parent, a grandparent, relative etc. Doesn't mean they aren't out there - but it's a helluva a lot easier to not make stupid, costly mistakes when you have someone as a parental figure that gives a shit and is willing to be a parent - not always a friend.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Complete morons. I've driven that stretch of highway plenty of times and it is a VERY busy place. It is a connection between basically, two interstates. Hope they get caught. These aren't car people, just punks.

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1

This isn't a 3rd-world country yet. It's not whether or not anyone got hurt. Just because these idiots didn't hurt anyone doesn't mean the next idiots won't.

If someone holds up a bank and nobody gets shot or hurt, that doesn't mean it's OK to hold up a bank.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
As a millennial, I say, and these cucks wonder why da po-leeys up in dey and mah bid'ness?

Umm, because exhibit A?

Go to a real track and let your nuts swing...if you have any. Anyone can put their foot down and keep a wheel locked. See you on a real track, pussies.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
TheSupercarSuspects has been posting videos of this nature on youtube for a long time now. Comment section is full of people who thrive on it. The people even destroyed a guys car after he hit someone(imagine that). Pretty damn dumb.

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
I find it funny, for a lack of a better word, that we are on a forum full of car enthusiasts who are decrying "poor driving behavior". Many of us talk about going to Mexico to enjoy our cars. Pulling up against a Camaro or Challenger and letting it all hang out. Call it what you want, doing donuts or going WOT is the same thing, "street racing". Dumb, stupid, childish, etc., etc. And i'm betting at one time or another we all did it and some of us probably still do.

I had a stable home and great parents growing up. Did I street race? Yeah, back in the 70's. Do I now, no? I'm not condoning what these kids are doing, far from it. But some of the comments on here are just a little self serving. Drugs, leasing, parents, video games. Come on, these are stupid kids, doing stupid things. Hopefully law enforcement will step up and stop it. They did that in my area 50 years ago. The same will work today.
+1.

It's a video of kids doing dumb stuff that inconvenienced a lot of people. And they should get tickets.

But it's not worthy of some intergenerational statement about how much dumber kids are these days.

Young people will do dumb stuff as long as young people exist on the face of the Earth.

As a millennial, I say, and these cucks wonder why da po-leeys up in dey and mah bid'ness?
Yikes.

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I thought that was pretty neat! Something you don’t see much of here

If you don’t like it you can always switch threads and talk about tire patterns or something..

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
that happens here in the Portland Or region on the freeways from time to time, you can see on the Fremont bridge, I 205 bridge all of the donut markings on the freeways. And some other roads from time to time...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I thought that was pretty neat! Something you don’t see much of here

If you don’t like it you can always switch threads and talk about tire patterns or something..
I think we all like seeing our Mustangs doing cool things, including doughnuts. But there is a time and a place. These young men chose poorly on both counts.
Here's the right way........

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Wow... Sensitive much?

Someone who had a stable home life and parenting while growing up are not usually the ones causing scenes like this. Can we agree on that? Or do we want to continue to be sensitive?
Hmm I dont know how true that is man... I think really its part of car culture as young guys to do stupid shit...

While I never did donuts growing up I used to go racing in "Mexico" all the time... And i dabbled in drifting till I hit a curb...

I remember times when id skip school show up at my buddy's shop at 11am wrench on cars till 11 pm, drive an hour to "Mexico" race till 3am head home in bed by 5am. Do it all over again...

Now looking back I want to smack myself for wasting all that time, and the thousands i spent destroying the car I was driving... I'm thinking what if I had bought some bitcoin, or bought a property and rented it out..

Not to mention the days I skipped class for a week to get the cars ready for Morosso, or to go jet sking on a Tuesday verses thermo class, predictably flunked a semester or two... Wasted more money reenrolling in classes... All the time wasted sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck, or going to pick up a friend who melted a piston or snapped an axle, all the motor pulls...

Point is when you're young you do stupid shit that makes great stories when you're older. I think its a bit of a cop out to blame parents or broken homes. Because in reality the children from the broken homes y'all are stereotyping cant afford 40k sports cars or have 1000.00 to waste doing burnouts and donuts...

I bet most of those kids are from suburban middle class families and their parents bought the cars or consigned on the note for them to have them...

OP
OP
3star2nr

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
And I'm not sure if this hobby is all that bad, compared to the alternative most suburban kids do nowadays shoot heroine...

Yes, what they did was wrong, there should be consequences... But as long as no one was hurt no harm no fowl. Put them in jail for a night or two and slap them with a big ticket and call it a day

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
And I'm not sure if this hobby is all that bad, compared to the alternative most suburban kids do nowadays shoot heroine...

Yes, what they did was wrong, there should be consequences... But as long as no one was hurt no harm no fowl. Put them in jail for a night or two and slap them with a big ticket and call it a day
There is nothing wrong with the hobby. Their decision to do it in a place that caused an inconvenience to many not involved in the hobby was their mistake. Also the “no harm, no foul” excuse is absurd. This could have gone wrong in so many ways. So I say “what if” or G-d forbid.
And most Surburban kids doing heroine as a hobby. I certainly hope you really didn’t mean that the way it came across.
Sponsored