Sponsored

My 2020 GT500 finally reached the finish line!

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
finally pics of a white one!! for some reason i had in my head you were getting black. but you made the right choice here IMO, that looks awesome and the black roof is tits!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I said it a long time ago. You are a pillar of the community. You should have been the first to get one not only for what you have done, but for what I know you are going to do moving forward.
Shit, I'll never head get my head through the door now.:captain:

There are things in the works behind the scenes that I'm moving forward with even though the car will be going on a tour of the country before I finally get it home. Trying to order certain parts for the car is posing a minor challenge but not something insurmountable to some great guys that work for Ford and that just might be on here too (and you know who you are!).

finally pics of a white one!! for some reason i had in my head you were getting black. but you made the right choice here IMO, that looks awesome and the black roof is tits!
I know right? For whatever reason white/black roof wasn't a combination I'd seen much of to date.

Funny how you have 2nd thoughts about color choice. I admit that white can be somewhat "empty" especially with some really unique colors that guys will be getting. Rapid looks great in the sun, black dominates the horizon (when clean!), blue is downright classic, Race red is very Ferrari-ish, green a bit controversial. I think the dark horse is going to be the silver as it looks great in most any light and really shows the sculpted lines of the S550 design. I honestly can't wait to see everyone get what they want and to see which mods work best with this car. Should be a fantastic ride.

Last edited:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats! So glad to see a member's journey and payoff. Only in America! Maybe I can wait it out to spring to get one. I see lots of white ones listed online already, but white my least favorite color. Good luck and enjoy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just talked to the dealer, Nick Anderson from Chuck Anderson Ford in Missouri (just outside KC). Nicks believes that once released from the plant that it'll be ~2 weeks via rail to the yard nearest him. I think he said it's about 20 minutes from his dealer to the rail yard. If Mother Nature cooperates I'll be hauling ass, err "driving", home to NY (around a 14 hr drive). Fingers crossed.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I just talked to the dealer, Nick Anderson from Chuck Anderson Ford in Missouri (just outside KC). Nicks believes that once released from the plant that it'll be ~2 weeks via rail to the yard nearest him. I think he said it's about 20 minutes from his dealer to the rail yard. If Mother Nature cooperates I'll be hauling ass, err "driving", home to NY (around a 14 hr drive). Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed, and if you need a pit stop, or anything in MA on your way home,
mi casa tu casa.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Your a brave soul lol, they dumped crazy amounts of salt down since last week. My new car wont being seeing these roads with that salt. I would have to drive further into NY than you I believe.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Stop by Indy on your way. Buy you a drink and show you one of the baddest car collections (buddy's) when here. On your way!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
From one car guy/girl to another I'm glad for you......all congratulations.
Come on ova, you can parallel park mine all day in my garage lol.
Lol..I get it!!!

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
After reading your post and seeing the outstanding pictures of your Oxford White GT500 and especially the 5th and last picture of your car going down the FR assembly line that last picture of your car got my heart racing.

What an outstanding color combination and especially when you added the Black roof to your car that really was the icing on the cake for me.

Your car would have looked terrific in all White but with that Black painted roof along with the Black rear spoiler, Black side mirrors, Black louvered hood air extractor, Black front bumper, Black chin spoiler and Black wheels this color combination has to be if not the best but certainly one of the very best looking GT500's that will be produced.

The most favorite Mustang that I have owned to date was a 2012 Performance White Boss 302 and it came with a Black roof as well.

Not only was it my most enjoyable and performing Mustang of all time but visually I loved that terrific color combination and received a great deal of compliments about that car over many years.

Like you I ordered a Rapid Red Metallic GT500 and after seeing these pictures especially that last one this has me thinking a great deal about a possible new color combination.

Thanks for posting and congratulations on seeing your car being born at FR.:like::like:

BTW, did anyone take a picture of your chassis number or at least advise you what number it is?

:clap:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
May I suggest shipping it on an enclosed transport? I think when I had JR357 shipped to me from MO, it was about a thousand bucks. It will save you all the inclement weather and salt exposure.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the backup plan. Enclosed is mandatory as far as I'm concerned, if necessary.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Well done!
Who took the photos, surely its not part of Ford's standard service
Sponsored