What did you do to your GT350 today?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^ get a battery tender. No need to disconnect battery. PCM engine learning is now erased unless you have one of those alternate memory power sources plugged in.
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Quite a hubcap collection.....must be a big pothole near by that eats wheels and tires.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
That engine hoist on wheels right next to the vehicle would make me nervous:

Hoist.JPG

I can see Bill with 8 feet of bubble-wrap and a roll of tape getting creative so he can sleep this winter.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
^^^^ get a battery tender. No need to disconnect battery. PCM engine learning is now erased unless you have one of those alternate memory power sources plugged in.
Yes agree. FWIW I'm a EE - I've designed Lithium to Lead-acid battery chargers and uC control systems from games to medical lasers even one for an Indycar team so I know how many ways this isn't ideal. I have a several smart tenders I could apply. BUT I had to go with the house rules - no unattended stuff like that because....Wooden structure + Old cars & fumes. I can visit it whenever practical for working on it or checking it so that is the only difficult rule. This is free heated storage so I go with the flow. Pulling the + terminal was my choice over letting it drain (i.e. the always on 4G etc) & my GM at my dealership agreed that was the best plan given no tender (my GM is a great guy - went over all the short to mid term storage guidance from Ford with me). If I end up pulling the battery & brining it home it will of course go on the tender.

Hope to build my garage someday but life is throwing some curve balls I'm taking 1 day at a time.

Last edited:

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Quite a hubcap collection.....must be a big pothole near by that eats wheels and tires.
You cant see the hundred license plates also bolted in the loft or real race posters & custom Vette art.
Its a collection over 40 years in the making (and his dad had his own shop) so its all got a story often personal.

It was interesting figuring out the angle to drive the GT350 up to the garage bay that was ~3' of well packed gravel above the drive circle (barn like approach) but with the usual New England plow wear & tear. Everything easier with a spotter who gets it.

These paver base foam panels are what I use at home to back over the apron without scraping and is what we used to span some ruts and transitions after rocks that likely would have had the chin spoler bottoming out. They're great because they're cheap, light, 1/2" thick or so easy to drive over but you can over lap them like shingles to make a high spot over a low. The rain doesn't effect them so I leave 2 right next to my driveway entry bushes (2 for drivers side wheel - one side enough if at a nice angle but I have 4 for just in case situations - they fit in truck when rear seat down):
https://www.homedepot.com/p/PAVERBASE-20-04-in-x-36-in-Black-Brock-Paver-Base-Panel-PVB5B/205663180

Last edited:

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
The hoist is so heavy it's difficult to move so hopefully it wont.

That engine hoist on wheels right next to the vehicle would make me nervous:

Hoist.JPG

I can see Bill with 8 feet of bubble-wrap and a roll of tape getting creative so he can sleep this winter.
Yoga mat! Sleep right behind it - the only way to be sure ; )

Last edited:

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Bill, after all that time waiting for our cars, so many delays, it’s sad it’s time to put them away already. Don’t know which is worse, waiting for delivery or waiting for winter to be over! At least we have the cars and have something to look forward to! Getting them back out!! I should of done some videos while driving the car and play them back on the 58” TV with the Bose System turned up! On my to do list next year!

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
So lets see if we can identify all of the hubcaps, and what cars they were on....start on the far right and work our way in.....I say the first one, above the partial grill showing...is from a Pontiac.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I washed her today. That is the beauty of living in Florida :)
BF6903A4-93DF-4CB2-BCC6-9AA3C3003A60.jpeg
Gorgeous. As soon as I saw the first images of the black with silver stripes for the 2019's compared to the black with white on my 2018 I knew that's the route I wanted to go. Switched mine out for satin finish instead of gloss but black and silver is the way all of the Orange Fury's should have been built if they had stripes.

47626459131_55afc46e23_h.jpg

Valen22br

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Gustavo
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Gorgeous. As soon as I saw the first images of the black with silver stripes for the 2019's compared to the black with white on my 2018 I knew that's the route I wanted to go. Switched mine out for satin finish instead of gloss but black and silver is the way all of the Orange Fury's should have been built if they had stripes.

47626459131_55afc46e23_h.jpg
Yes, I agree with you!
good choice on the satin finish! Was it difficult to remove the original ones?

Valen22br

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Gustavo
Vehicle(s)
GT350
need to get some pro pics of this car. All cell pics...
6ACA8DF4-E596-4037-A7CA-A49CFD4AF181.jpeg
BB398B1D-61A7-466F-BD4C-18866C41602A.jpeg
EB3A9B52-B279-49DD-B2E6-8B609A94C3A6.jpeg
A690594E-FECF-4D16-AF90-DEF6677E4BD8.jpeg
I love those wheels. Have you noticed some changes after upgrading? I mean, you are running gt350R wheels specs with front 305 and back 325, right? How do you feel the car after the upgrade?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Bill, after all that time waiting for our cars, so many delays, it’s sad it’s time to put them away already. Don’t know which is worse, waiting for delivery or waiting for winter to be over! At least we have the cars and have something to look forward to! Getting them back out!! I should of done some videos while driving the car and play them back on the 58” TV with the Bose System turned up! On my to do list next year!
Hi Les, I have pan& scan tracking cameras & track guides for shooting some fun videos and yet I didn't have time to use them. No cool driveby or in car views. Barely showed off the car to friends or family. Perhaps we have more incentive to meet up (Scotty & I did one F2F meet up in Reading in back of the Jordan's IMAX - we had 2 shades of blue 2019 GT350's represented). Will have to see if there are any GT350 centric meetups in spring - at worse we MY19 owners could share notes in person. Also I have a parking garage rood here in Needham on 128 that we could do an afternoon shoot at....as long as it is kept small scale & stealth.

For me the waiting for delivery was by far worse because I wasn't sure if it would happen at all. I ordered in December and lost my allocation in April then had to scramble to find one uncertain of the build cycle with Ford who was anything but predictable or forthcoming about such things (allocations or production schedule). It was bad for customers and dealers like mine jerked around. It took a lot of the fun out of it. I had to go from my order with my long term local dealership who was told no more allocations 4+ months past taking orders to going with a dealer in in Iowa 1300 miles away, who had an allocation from January and told a forum member who shared it with me. So not only did everything happen way later than I was told a lot of other things fell through the cracks because of long distance over phone & email mis-communications (I tried like heck to proactively manage it). Delayed gratification is one thing but a delivery end of August was not expected or wanted. Because of delays I went to track attack in July having no behind the wheel experience given my LX5.0 89 has been mothballed for 18 years. Pile on to that all the road construction going on here starting July (late) within 495 & 128 made PPF seems like insurance I needed given how chipped my pampered daily drive Explorer Sport looks - so PPF etc cost more time. I couldn't even drive the GT350, once delivered, to work because the scarification made for ridiculous tramming and debris everywhere. My short season kept me a smidge below 325 miles - barely broken in.

So the car safely away gives me something to look forward to this spring. I hope to sneak in some simple modifications between now in spring and hope that someday I can get a garage built for storage at home. As always the biggest enemy of all that fun is time & back problems but am working on those challenges too.
Cheers.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps we have more incentive to meet up (Scotty & I did one F2F meet up in Reading in back of the Jordan's IMAX - we had 2 shades of blue 2019 GT350's represented).
IMAX is 10 miles from my house, wish I knew you guys where there! Next time, I’ll represent Ruby Red!
Sponsored