Sponsored

Bullitt and FordPass App.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
@steve2150
Post 107 has the emails. You need to use the link to view the emails.

Concerning the readability, the forum decreased the resolution. I will see if I can fix this.

I have attached the file
SmartSelect_20191105-212802_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20191105-212841_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20191105-212935_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20191105-213002_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20191105-213025_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20191105-213103_Drive.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
@steve2150
Post 107 has the emails. You need to use the link to view the emails.

Concerning the readability, the forum decreased the resolution. I will see if I can fix this.

I have attached the file
You know, not to be pedantic, but ....

Capture.PNG

There is no "GT Electronics package" to be mirrored. You imply that the $2,200 401A package (adding Navigation) constitutes the "same package", but you're ignoring that the Bullitt package includes the B&O sound system, which is a standalone $995 option in the GT. After you add that in, the "~$2000 electronic pack that includes FordPass Connect" in reality costs 65% more than the Bullitt electronics pack.

At a guess, if Ford even gets asked for a response on this, they'll reply that the comparable option packages for the GT just that: a different set of options that costs 2/3 more than you paid. Actually, for an opener, they'll likely net out the B&O cost and state that you're trying to compare a $1005 adder on the Bullitt to a $2200 adder on the GT. Doesn't sound like there's a winning argument on package cost. That's an issue, considering how much time your statement spends on cost comparisons.

On lesser notes, it's "Recaro" and "MagneRide", but those aren't part of your claim.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You know, not to be pedantic, but ....

Capture.PNG

There is no "GT Electronics package" to be mirrored. You imply that the $2,200 401A package (adding Navigation) constitutes the "same package", but you're ignoring that the Bullitt package includes the B&O sound system, which is a standalone $995 option in the GT. After you add that in, the "~$2000 electronic pack that includes FordPass Connect" in reality costs 65% more than the Bullitt electronics pack.

At a guess, if Ford even gets asked for a response on this, they'll reply that the comparable option packages for the GT just that: a different set of options that costs 2/3 more than you paid. Actually, for an opener, they'll likely net out the B&O cost and state that you're trying to compare a $1005 adder on the Bullitt to a $2200 adder on the GT. Doesn't sound like there's a winning argument on package cost. That's an issue, considering how much time your statement spends on cost comparisons.

On lesser notes, it's "Recaro" and "MagneRide", but those aren't part of your claim.
Kooks you're right about the packages but what about the marketing and advertising? Ford needs to be held responsible for their numerous errors. Also, using that "common sense" that was just mentioned in another post, how does Ford leave off a connected technology item like this? A Bullitt is not an entry level Mustang. The Bullitt should have had Fordpass Connect as standard equipment. If not that certainly with the electronic package. There is just no excuse for this.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Just my add, it is false marketing and advertising by Ford. I had a Cadillac ATS and the marketing brochure claimed 1 year free Onstar for coupes but 3 years free Onstar on 4 door sedans. I contacted customer service and was told misprint, on the ATS forum I was ridiculed. To make a long story short sent it to the attorney general, I received a call from Onstar that they were giving me the full 3 years and I should contact Attorney General I am satisfied, guess Onstar thought it better then have the attorney general open a case for all 4 door sedans since no one else probably complained by the responses from the ATS forum.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
but what about the marketing and advertising? Ford needs to be held responsible for their numerous errors.
If you want to do that, you don't file a complaint structured primarily around comparable cost arguments. It's too easy to beat down.

, how does Ford leave off a connected technology item like this? A Bullitt is not an entry level Mustang. The Bullitt should have had Fordpass Connect as standard equipment. If not that certainly with the electronic package. There is just no excuse for this.
It's called "hitting a price point". They couldn't let the Bullitt production cost / sales price start to approach the GT350, so some things had to be left off. At a production level, things like the GT350 manifold needed to be offset somehow.

Past that, since a MT car doesn't get remote start in any model, what are you really missing? The ability to lock and unlock your doors remotely? Knowing your tire pressures the last time the car was shut off? BFD.

Just my add, it is false marketing and advertising by Ford.
Again, not to be pedantic, but if you look at the 2019 brochure, the only cars that are listed as having FordPass Connect are 201A and 401A Premium Plus models. Absolutely no mention that it comes on the Bullitt, which is only listed as having "select GT Premium features", not Premium Plus. The order guide is the same.

I had a Cadillac ATS and the marketing brochure claimed 1 year free Onstar for coupes but 3 years free Onstar on 4 door sedans. I contacted customer service and was told misprint, on the ATS forum I was ridiculed. To make a long story short sent it to the attorney general, I received a call from Onstar that they were giving me the full 3 years and I should contact Attorney General I am satisfied, guess Onstar thought it better then have the attorney general open a case for all 4 door sedans since no one else probably complained by the responses from the ATS forum.
Not really the same thing though, is it? In the Onstar case, the hardware was in the car and it was a trivial task to authorize the car at no real cost to OnStar for a single user. Doesn't quite add up to adding hardware to vehicles.

Sponsored

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
If you want to do that, you don't file a complaint structured primarily around comparable cost arguments. It's too easy to beat down.

It's called "hitting a price point". They couldn't let the Bullitt production cost / sales price start to approach the GT350, so some things had to be left off. At a production level, things like the GT350 manifold needed to be offset somehow.

Past that, since a MT car doesn't get remote start in any model, what are you really missing? The ability to lock and unlock your doors remotely? Knowing your tire pressures the last time the car was shut off? BFD.

Again, not to be pedantic, but if you look at the 2019 brochure, the only cars that are listed as having FordPass Connect are 201A and 401A Premium Plus models. Absolutely no mention that it comes on the Bullitt, which is only listed as having "select GT Premium features", not Premium Plus. The order guide is the same.

They mention it on the Fordpass Connect site so that is false marketing.

Not really the same thing though, is it? In the Onstar case, the hardware was in the car and it was a trivial task to authorize the car at no real cost to OnStar for a single user. Doesn't quite add up to adding hardware to vehicles.
Would not say no real cost to Onstar as they charge $350+ annually so it costs them about $700.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

I agree with you first comment about how to go about this but the second two I respectfully disagree with.

I worked for the world largest consumer electronics company for more than two decades. We had to hit price points too. But we didn't remove a feature after Sales and Marketing starting advertising it. That was a lawsuit ready to happen. Also if your going to cut let it be something that won't likely be missed, like a horn or console light. Not a piece of technology that you advertise regularly. What do you really think the modem, bracket and wiring cost? Maybe you could justify cutting based on cost for a $25K car but not one that sells for $50K. I will also bet that the cost difference between the manifolds in minimal, at best. No excuse for leaving out what they did.

And as far as BFD. It isn't to you and me, we both have it. But our Bullitt brothers and sisters were told they were getting something and didn't get it. So to them it is a BFD.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
@Bikeman315 Thank you for your support. One of the many things I have come to love about the mustang community is that the car (regardless of trim or year) seems to bond people in a positive light.

@steve2150 Thank you for the Caddy note. Most citizens do not follow through and reach out to their AG or BBB so a lot of items are swept under the rug. Nice to know you had a win on your end.

@Zooks527 Thank you for your continued attempt to discourage Bullitt owners from taking up rights granted to them by their states... It bumps the post back up the the top.
steisandpoint.gif

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Not sure the wiring harness is buried towards the trunk but if it is just the mount and modem and it costs let's say $500 for plug and play for modem and mount, there were only 8000+ 2019 Bullitts, so that would be the cost, but doubt it cost Ford that much. They saved a few cents by eliminating the 2nd horn. Bottom line they promoted it as a feature then eliminated it to save costs hoping no one would care just like the bean counters figured saving the $1 on the Pintos would be less then costs in court for accidents. Bottom line anyone who cares should contact there attorney general.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
Received a reply from the Florida Attorney General who also advised to file a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General. Here is the letter and send your complaints to your state attorney general as well as the Michigan Attorney General, if Michigan gets enough maybe they will do something.

Sponsored

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received a reply from the Florida Attorney General who also advised to file a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General. Here is the letter and send your complaints to your state attorney general as well as the Michigan Attorney General, if Michigan gets enough maybe they will do something.

NICE! I know it does not look like much, but you got a response before I did. I don't even think Texas will inform you that the file is being passed on to another department. I will look work on repackaging the letter for the various organizations listed over the next week.

The FTC has a pretty straightforward statement about adverts:
"When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence."
That being said, Fed Orgs typically take their time so patience is required.

Don't forget to get pdfs / screengrabs (with the addressbar) of the fordpassconnect site before the holiday season starts and they switch to displaying the 2020 model year. I am making a screen cast as a 2ndardry backup.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FTC has a 3500 char limit and may take a bit more time to fill out compared to your state AG, but here is what I slapped down. The FTC is slower to act because they work more on the behalf of the American Population than the individual consumer. That being said, they can provide pressure to make things right (especially if they have a thread to pull on).
Screenshot_20191113-003247_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20191113-003331_Drive.jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Ya.... I’m out, don’t care...waste of my time! Good luck for the rest of ya!! ...meanwhile..just don’t forget to lock your car!!

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Ya.... I’m out, don’t care...waste of my time! Good luck for the rest of ya!! ...meanwhile..just don’t forget to lock your car!!
I'm a little miffed that my '19 Bullitt doesn't at least have the capacity, whereas the '20s apparently do. OTOH, the 'remote' features are apparently easily hacked, so I'm not sure I'd want it anyway.
Sponsored