Sponsored

Gas particulate filter on new 18-19 GT?

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The street fighter manifolds with 200 cell cats failed the emissions miserably....
I viewed your exhaust install video thanks for posting. Thanks too for the update, saves me going the same route.
:whew:

yeah i'll do the same come october then saves me shelling out for some cats to bolt in to pass. if you'd passed i was gonna grab the same cats weld on some flanges and success but i'll not even bother now :)
What exhaust system are you currently running?

I suppose another option would be the "VW method"??
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I viewed your exhaust install video thanks for posting. Thanks too for the update, saves me going the same route.
:whew:

What exhaust system are you currently running?

I suppose another option would be the "VW method"??

straight through stainless from heads to exit with an xpipe in the middle.

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT manual LB
Hi! I'm thinking of changing my '17 GT with a '19 bullitt, is there any definitive solution for the GPF removal? I don't really want to do anything else, just want the full sound and hp potential. PM me if you wish. Thanks everyone!

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Hi! I'm thinking of changing my '17 GT with a '19 bullitt, is there any definitive solution for the GPF removal? I don't really want to do anything else, just want the full sound and hp potential. PM me if you wish. Thanks everyone!
I have not found any informatin on how we can "revise" the exhaust on the MY18> V8s.

Personally I see little point trying to increase power output when the aftermarket seems so reluctant to address the GPF issue.
I contacted PBD about whether they might provide a VW-Style map for testing, but got a really dumb reply.

Apparently Roush have been working on a map for the GPF cars to take their superchargers, but I was told two weeks ago, Roush still don't have a map and are not likely to for 6 months!
I call BS on that one.

A forum member on here, Enoch IIRC, had LTH fitted to his 15-17 GT, with 200 cell cats which did't pass MoT.
Not sure what they've done to address that, I'd have liked a map solution for the MY18> V8. If it was good enough for VW........

I think the after market is better set for improving sound and increasing power with the 15 to 17 S550.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I do not intend to install an aftermarket exhaust for sound or performance gains, but I'm worried about the GPF for another reason. I'm worried that it might be a constant source of problems, just like its DPF brother is. If we have a GPF, does that mean that we should expect the same kind of ordeal that diesel owners have to put up with? I mean, clogged filters due to urban driving, having to take the car to the motorway very frequently and to step on the gas to clear the filter, making sure you never turn the engine off when a regeneration is in progress (which you don't know is happening unless you pay attention to some vague clues), taking the car to a Ford garage for a forced regeneration after two or three failed ones, engine oil contaminated with fuel, etc.?
Having a DPF is a real pain in the rear. Is a GPF the same? Does it work the same way, and does it come with the same set of nuisances?
Or am I worrying for nothing?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I do not intend to install an aftermarket exhaust for sound or performance gains, but I'm worried about the GPF for another reason. I'm worried that it might be a constant source of problems, just like its DPF brother is. If we have a GPF, does that mean that we should expect the same kind of ordeal that diesel owners have to put up with? I mean, clogged filters due to urban driving, having to take the car to the motorway very frequently and to step on the gas to clear the filter, making sure you never turn the engine off when a regeneration is in progress (which you don't know is happening unless you pay attention to some vague clues), taking the car to a Ford garage for a forced regeneration after two or three failed ones, engine oil contaminated with fuel, etc.?
Having a DPF is a real pain in the rear. Is a GPF the same? Does it work the same way, and does it come with the same set of nuisances?
Or am I worrying for nothing?
https://www.whatcar.com/advice/buyi...articulate-filter-and-how-does-it-work/n19953

They are similar but because of the much lower particulate level with GDI engines and the fact that petrol engines run hotter there shouldn't be as many problems

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If I read the article correctly, they seem to work a bit differently. While a DPF mechanically traps soot particles and then occasionally burns them off, a GPF decomposes them chemically right away, acting more like a catalytic converter than like an actual filter. And whatever soot might remain is easily burnt off without the need for complicated regeneration procedures or special attention from the driver.
That's good to know. Thanks.

bistvan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
István
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019, EU Spec
Hey everyone! First time posting on the forum :)

Seems like I got an issue on my '19 Mustang GT 5.0 (EU Spec). I got an orange check engine light.

Does anyone have experience with the following codes:
Code: P2453 - Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
Code: U0447 - Invalid Data Received From Serial Data Gateway A
Please check the screenshots from ForScan for the details.

The car runs fine. There seems not to be any issues with performance or any engine/transmission related behavior. Car is acting normal. I checked the GPF's (gas particulate filter's) sensor. By checked, I mean I wiggled the connection, but there seems to be no issues with the connections coming loose.

On the left side exhaust pipe (after the GPF) I noticed some droplets of petrol. I was parked on an incline so that I could reach under the car and it was right after startup. Nothing excessive, just a couple of drops.

Any ideas on what I could do to resolve this issue?

ForScan Screenshots:
Annotation 2020-04-01 090934.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-01 090951.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-01 091045.jpg

Photos from under the car:
IMG_9790.JPG
IMG_9791.JPG
IMG_9794.JPG
IMG_9795.JPG
IMG_9796.JPG
IMG_9797.JPG
IMG_9798.JPG
IMG_9799.JPG
IMG_9800.JPG
IMG_9801.JPG
IMG_9802.JPG
IMG_9803.JPG

Ravax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Xavier
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Euro / 2017 Ecoboost Adam tuned
Hey everyone! First time posting on the forum :)

Seems like I got an issue on my '19 Mustang GT 5.0 (EU Spec). I got an orange check engine light.

Does anyone have experience with the following codes:
Code: P2453 - Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
Code: U0447 - Invalid Data Received From Serial Data Gateway A
Please check the screenshots from ForScan for the details.

The car runs fine. There seems not to be any issues with performance or any engine/transmission related behavior. Car is acting normal. I checked the GPF's (gas particulate filter's) sensor. By checked, I mean I wiggled the connection, but there seems to be no issues with the connections coming loose.

On the left side exhaust pipe (after the GPF) I noticed some droplets of petrol. I was parked on an incline so that I could reach under the car and it was right after startup. Nothing excessive, just a couple of drops.

Any ideas on what I could do to resolve this issue?

ForScan Screenshots:
Annotation 2020-04-01 090934.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-01 090951.jpg
Annotation 2020-04-01 091045.jpg

Photos from under the car:
IMG_9790.JPG
IMG_9791.JPG
IMG_9794.JPG
IMG_9795.JPG
IMG_9796.JPG
IMG_9797.JPG
IMG_9798.JPG
IMG_9799.JPG
IMG_9800.JPG
IMG_9801.JPG
IMG_9802.JPG
IMG_9803.JPG
Hey man, i got the same codes this weekend after a 'light' stage 1 tune.. i got:
P061A - Internal Control Module Torque Performance
P2453 - Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
P246C - Particulate Filter Restriction - Forced Limited Power (Bank 1)

Talking to my mechanic and tuner to figure this out..

Sponsored

hipoxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Hey man, i got the same codes this weekend after a 'light' stage 1 tune.. i got:
P061A - Internal Control Module Torque Performance
P2453 - Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance
P246C - Particulate Filter Restriction - Forced Limited Power (Bank 1)

Talking to my mechanic and tuner to figure this out..
Hi, I got same kind of codes on my Whipple GT:
P160A
P243B - Particulate filter Restriction Forced Limited Power (Bank 2)
P245F - Particulate Filter Pressure sensor B

Dealer is going to change sensors.
How did you fix it?