Sponsored

'

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
One thing that would legitimately keep me out of a Camaro is the seats. I HATE them so damn much. The ZL1 and 1LE cars deserve better.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
unfortunately GM doesn't appear to publish model-specific sales figures.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevrolet/camaro/chevrolet-camaro-sales-numbers/
But if we can assume anything from 10-15K off MSRP for ZL1 or ZL1+1LE there is a production:demand mismatch. Or GM dealers have less interest in holding onto inventory whereas Ford dealers know a sucker (heh) will eventually darken their door for a Shelby and are willing to carry the opportunity costs for however long it takes.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
But if we can assume anything from 10-15K off MSRP for ZL1 or ZL1+1LE there is a production:demand mismatch. Or GM dealers have less interest in holding onto inventory whereas Ford dealers know a sucker (heh) will eventually darken their door for a Shelby and are willing to carry the opportunity costs for however long it takes.
and on your other right, ladies and gentleman, you’ll see another example a malformed reality distortion field used upon a civilized community.

Just remember to stay in school, don’t feed wild animals, and When you grow up, buy low, sell high, and make as much profit as you can in your market. That way, you don’t have to cancel your product multiple times throughout your business process.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
People are over-thinking this issue. Chevrolet is running a 20% off "Black Friday" event. Includes all products unless specifically excluded. ZL1 is not specifically excluded. As for model specific sales, I actually have been able to run sales (registration, actually) data and it's easy to discern Camaro models just by engine RPO except that for 2016 - 2019 an LT1 + MT could be an SS or an SS 1LE. In 2020 it could also be a 1LZ. So anything with an LT4 is a ZL1.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Chevrolet is running a 20% off "Black Friday" event.
And so is Ford as of noon yesterday - not sure if it's 20% off though. The ZL1 family has been discounted by 6-10 large for going on 4 months now so the mismatch is not new.

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
and on your other right, ladies and gentleman, you’ll see another example a malformed reality distortion field used upon a civilized community.

Just remember to stay in school, don’t feed wild animals, and When you grow up, buy low, sell high, and make as much profit as you can in your market. That way, you don’t have to cancel your product multiple times throughout your business process.
And don't forget the forest for the trees

GM’s U.S. sales rose 6.3% in the third quarter over the same period last year while Ford Motor’s sank by 4.9% and Fiat Chrysler’s were flat, according to data release Wednesday by the three automakers.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
As for model specific sales, I actually have been able to run sales (registration, actually) data and it's easy to discern Camaro models just by engine RPO
this data feed is public?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For a price.
I'll buy that for a dollar. :)
So ZL1 over all Camaros (2018) and GT350 over all Mustang (2018) sales would require payment?

I was looking over the feature set of the C7 Grand Sport in some detail and realized the SS+1LE has all the same bits for 1/3 less money. Talk about bargain! I deleted my CarGuru search filter for the GS.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
For a price. My company just happens to own RL Polk and CarFax.
I'll buy that for a dollar. :)
So ZL1 over all Camaros (2018) and GT350 over all Mustang (2018) sales would require payment?

I was looking over the feature set of the C7 Grand Sport in some detail and realized the SS+1LE has all the same bits for 1/3 less money. Talk about bargain! I deleted my CarGuru search filter for the GS.
Actually I'm being serious this time. Not my usual smart-@$$ remark. Companies pay a lot of money for access to the RL Polk registrations database, so I don't toss those numbers around lightly. Here is something that is posted on Camaro6 with detail on 2018 ZL1 builds. There are similar constructs for 2016 and 2017, all models available at this link.... https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515520

attachment.jpg

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Man, I remember when S550 came out with the Performance Package GT, Ford claimed they benchmarked the Porsche, the car gained weight and with bad chassis and suspension tuning, the car couldn't even beat the old gen SS 1LE. Then the GT350 came out, they said they benchmarked the old gen Z28, it barely beat it but then the Alpha platform came out not even a year and gave similar performance for a lot less money like the SS 1LE. In all performance comparisons a regular ZL1 even beats a track rat GT350R. Now year 2020 comes, and Ford finally comes out with the GT 500, 5 years after S550 platform hits the streets. They first claim the GT500 is a straight line monster and people who wants road coarse performance should choose the GT350R, and they have no intention on chasing lap times. Now they claim they benchmarked the high end road coarse warriors and trying to justify their $95,000 price tag for the CF Track Pack GT 500. I don't buy it. So far, the only time they did their homework was for when they released the GT350R and benchmarked the old gen about the retire Z28. Ford did lots of mistakes throughout the S550 platform. History will repeat itself again, unfortunately. At least the car is a straight line monster but nothing amazing considering it has 760 hp and DCT.

Bringing this one back from the dead. I'm sorry guys, I can't help it.

a84426d7-78a2-4641-9bf2-67ee543241ed-png.png

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Why not include this screenshot?

;)
Untitled.jpg

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Why not include this screenshot?

;)
Untitled.jpg
Because we already know what it runs in the 1/4 mile on an unprepared surface. That ferrari is fast AF. 138mph is moving. And it was never part of the discussion.
Sponsored