Sponsored

Anderson Composites will be offering carbon fiber components for the GT500 in 2020.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks, Tom. Right now, this I'm working with--answer from AC when I said I'd like to buy a CF swing as soon as available:

"You can place an order through one of our authorized dealers now."

I just sent back a message explaining the situation and asking if they could recommend someone.
I know who you are and I'd be glad to help.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Oh, I'm at the club this weekend for remembrance day. If you are in town, maybe we can have a pint.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You have my PM. I will make it happen.

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
But the hood is reasonable. I'm confused though. I thought that the hood had the vents built into it. However the vents are listed separately.
The hood vent is removable, just like the OE unit. The vent assembly includes the rain guard as well. So, you can purchase hood, install your black factory unit, or just get a cf vent assembly from Ford Performance.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I thought it was kind of strange that in the video they stated the OEM hood was aluminum and not plastic/composite (SMC). I would like to know the weight difference between the OEM SMC hood and the CF hood.[/QUOTE

We reduced hood weight by 19 lbs. from OE.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
AC, what was the weight of the OEM hood?

OP
OP
Anderson Composites

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
I thought it was kind of strange that in the video they stated the OEM hood was aluminum and not plastic/composite (SMC). I would like to know the weight difference between the OEM SMC hood and the CF hood.
AC, what was the weight of the OEM hood?
42 lbs without the vent assembly.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that!

Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
I was in Kohr's pit at Road Atlanta this past weekend and talked to Dean about procuring a genuine GT4 wing from Multimatic. It stands a bit higher in the airstream but that is exactly what I'd prefer. For a nanosecond I thought (more like hoped) that maybe, just maybe, the price might be inside the stratosphere. Turns out it isn't. Shucks.

Ford patented the drain holes/slots at the ends of the wing where the "valley" meets the plates at each end. I'll be looking to see how you approach this aspect without stepping on any patent toes. Good luck and I hope you do indeed make this happen.

Ford's patent.
There is something else other than passive water management that they applied patent to. Those holes or slots must bleed turbulent air to keep smooth attached airflow on the full width of the wing. After Anderson makes it I'll copy the holes on the end plates.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you elaborate further on your belief that the "holes or slots must bleed turbulent air to keep smooth attached airflow on the full width of the wing"?

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Can you elaborate further on your belief that the "holes or slots must bleed turbulent air to keep smooth attached airflow on the full width of the wing"?
My hypothesis is that Ford discovered increased performance of the wing if those holes were there, especially in the positions indicated in the patent application. Would they really apply for a patent on a "drain hole"?
Sponsored