Sponsored

2020 Bullitt-Bullitt Electronics Package standard in Canada?

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Ya...I’d be singing the same tune...although I can’t sing! ......Soooo...here’s the question...:
Are you guys just going to complain about it or take legal action?? ...or what can you do??? I see that as your only Choices?? Good luck....I’m good!!........ Good ol Canada EH !!
I took the first steps toward pub legal action.

Pub legal action is the best move for the bulk of bullitt owners without fordpass connect (not to be confused with fordpass).

@Voo Doo , so your vehicle has the module in the trunk that allows for real time location and monitoring? Or did the ford place just update the CPU to unlock the feature?
Sponsored

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I took the first steps toward pub legal action.

Pub legal action is the best move for the bulk of bullitt owners without fordpass connect (not to be confused with fordpass).

@Voo Doo , so your vehicle has the module in the trunk that allows for real time location and monitoring? Or did the ford place just update the CPU to unlock the feature?

If you go to Ford.ca you can see that Bullitt built for Canada has FordPass Connect as standard as well as most options standard, only option is spare tire/wheel not available in US.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
If you go to Ford.ca you can see that Bullitt built for Canada has FordPass Connect as standard as well as most options standard, only option is spare tire/wheel not available in US.
Canada can get a spare tire with the Bullitt? And the PP1 pkg? That will bother me way more than FordPass Connect.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Steve,

I thought we had some Canadians on the other thread that did not have fordpass connect. This is one reason why I am asking about the box. If the box is not there, then this is fordpass only.

OP
OP

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
OK, just to clarify. I'm sure 100% on what features are included in Ford Pass connect. This is what I can do/not do with my Canadian BULLIT..

I can: Check my fuel, check oil life, and I can locate my car.

I cannot: Lock or Unlock my car, and of course it won't remote start, being a manual.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Canada can get a spare tire with the Bullitt? And the PP1 pkg? That will bother me way more than FordPass Connect.

We do not and cannot get a spare just like any other PP1/2 car. I purchased the AA spare. We also only get a single horn.

Content wise I do not think there is any difference between the Canadian and US BULLITs. The difference is the Electronics Package and Magnaride are standard on the Canadian BULLITT. But the features and content are the same. Of course ours are in KM vs Miles.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
So I just sent off a bunch of this and the brochure copy to my Ford rep!! Holiday today...so I’ll let y’all know when anything comes back!! Brett, yes I was told about the only function we don’t have is remote lock!!

again, I really don’t care about that, right now it’s the principle I guess!!!

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
From our 2019 owners manual

FordPass™ Connect (If Equipped)

With a FordPass-equipped vehicle, you can use FordPass to track your vehicle’s location and remotely access vehicle

features
such as start, lock and unlock and vehicle status including fuel level and approximate mileage. You can also

schedule specific times to remotely start your vehicle so it’s ready to hit the road as soon as you are. FordPass is available

through a free download via the Apple App Store. or Google Play™. Message and data rates may apply. Services may be

limited by mobile phone network coverage area.

Funny, no mention of tire pressures.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but it also in Fordpass Connect.
3252B5CF-3B3B-4702-BA3F-6406D4F2F412.jpeg
Bikeman,

Thank you for posting this! BIKEMAN'S POST IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU SHOULD SEE IF YOU HAVE Fordpass Connect.

If you only have Fordpass you will:
1-Not have a unit in your trunk.
2-Have limited location. The car will use your phones blutooth or surrounding wifi to note the last location it parked. This location will be updated if you move your car, AND the car is still connected to wifi or your phone. Theoretically, if you had a 3rd party wifi hotspot in your car, and it was on at all times, you would have pseudo real time location. Even if you were not driving the car.
3-Not be able to unlock your doors from your phone. To be fair <insert LetterKenny meme here> this one does seem to have a bit of wiggle room based on settings.

SEE THE IMAGE BELOW FOR WHAT YOUR MAP WILL LOOK LIKE IF YOU ONLY HAVE FORDPASS. To access this map you will have to click on "Find". It is not realtime, but more of a "you were last seen here". It pulls this data from the navigation software in the sync system after the fact where as fordpass connect pulls the location from the 14g229 sim card using the navigation software as a baseline (like a cell phone).
RED - LAST CONNECTED LOCATION (using wifi or phone blutooth)
BLUE - LAST PARKING AREA (this is an auto pin function that should trigger when you park).

FordPass_Map1.jpg

NOT THAT ON BASIC FORDPASS YOU DO NOT SEE ALL OF THE GOODIES ON THE MAIN PAGE. Even if you have a standard transmission (gt350) you can unlock and lock your doors from this page with FORDPASS CONNECT.
FordPass_Map.jpg

The fail-safe way to see if you have fordpass connect is the modem 14g229. If you have a modem in your trunk (under magnetic carpet / someone over or behind the wheelwell) you have fordpass connect. If you don't have a modem there, you do not have fordpass connect; you only have fordpass. Most ford employees do not know the difference between these two technologies as they both use the fordpass app.
Sponsored