Mike173

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco, dodge ram, jeep wrangler, Mustang GT350
Hello Everyone,

So my wife and I just purchased a 2017 Mustang GT 350 with, 3400 miles. We are SUPER excited, it's like a dream come true. Unfortunately I am somewhat of a paranoid person when it comes to protecting our investment and ensuring if trouble were to arise we are covered. The current FORD warranty has 21 months left on the Powertrain, but the 3 year/36k Basic warranty is over. We reached out to FORD to inquire about an extension to cover everything and they want $4,000. Mind-blown. I did read some forums messages about how they continue to raise prices on these!

So - I guess my question is, should we be ok with the remaining powertrain warranty and then after that is about to expire consider extending? I was told that the powertrain will cover most, but not all... so I am looking for some advice. I have been scared due to all the forums I read about oil consumption issues/blown motors although it may be one-offs.

Also have you guys also spent that much on the warranty extension?

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
What is the extension parameters you were quoted for $4,000? 7 years 36K miles, 8 years 100K miles? You know, that stuff

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would shop around on the net at Flood ford or some others. That seems high.

OP
OP

Mike173

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco, dodge ram, jeep wrangler, Mustang GT350
What is the extension parameters you were quoted for $4,000? 7 years 36K miles, 8 years 100K miles? You know, that stuff
The quote was directly from FORD for 8 years, 60k. But I have searched through these forums and it seems nobody really pushes to get the extended warranty directly from FORD - I will look into all the other threads and start reaching out to ESP Flood etc

Thanks!

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I think I paid $1600 for the Ford PremiumCare for 7/36 when I bought my Shelby new. That was 20 months ago. I can’t imagine they went up that much. You are probably getting nicked due to the original 3/36 has expired. Flood Ford is Ford. I would not buy an extended warranty that is not from Ford with this particular car. Looks like the dealer you spoke with dropped a $1,000 premium on your quote. You can do better, but will still be expensive.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think I paid $1600 for the Ford PremiumCare for 7/36 when I bought my Shelby new. That was 20 months ago. I can’t imagine they went up that much. You are probably getting nicked due to the original 3/36 has expired. Flood Ford is Ford. I would not buy an extended warranty that is not from Ford with this particular car. Looks like the dealer you spoke with dropped a $1,000 premium on your quote. You can do better, but will still be expensive.
I paid 2 grand for 8 years and 48k miles

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
The power train warranty is 5 yrs or 60K miles. If paying $2-4K doesn't extend that then the warranty is useless to me. The power train is the big ticket here. The rest of the car is pretty bullet proof from a warranty standpoint as far as I'm concerned.
Sponsored