TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered my Roush H-Pipe from the states, should arrive in a week. $500.00 in Oz but AU $270.00 from the states with shipping. No wonder no one buys anything locally, sheesh.
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Manufacturers ebay site, at work so cant check it but should be able to find it. It did only have a day to go so may have finished.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
If anyone's interested I think MacArthur Spares in Sydney (Smeaton Grange) have some Roush ABs on a GT Coupe they're wrecking. That's what they said last week anyway.

Sponsored

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
TSP don't make a RHD header last time I checked
SMH been one of those days. im lacking common sense today. i purchased a set of headers from them but have the x force catback. its a slip on type and the catback is a flange style. just trying to figure out what to do. not trying to hack and weld the headers or the catback

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
SMH been one of those days. im lacking common sense today. i purchased a set of headers from them but have the x force catback. its a slip on type and the catback is a flange style. just trying to figure out what to do. not trying to hack and weld the headers or the catback
Haha all good. I've done the opposite, bought xforce headers to mate up to my Corsa x pipe. Definitely prepared to hack the connection pipe from the headers though, seems easiest to cut and clamp some additional 3" pipe.

If you're not prepared to hack then I'd just take it to an exhaust shop, get them to add some pipe and a flange onto the TSP connection pipe

SilverStallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alexis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Haha all good. I've done the opposite, bought xforce headers to mate up to my Corsa x pipe. Definitely prepared to hack the connection pipe from the headers though, seems easiest to cut and clamp some additional 3" pipe.

If you're not prepared to hack then I'd just take it to an exhaust shop, get them to add some pipe and a flange onto the TSP connection pipe
im going to have to go that route. cutting the connection pipe.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
im going to have to go that route. cutting the connection pipe.
Depends if it meets up to the catback, or if it's too short (which most headers are unless they have the direct connect extensions). If it's too short then you can just have some additional pipe slip onto the connection pipe but bolt on to the catback - like a collector extension

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Ok I've been driving it now for a coupla weeks with just the poxy necked down factory exhaust connectors still in place so they're only about 2 1/8" diameter. Interestingly it took about an hour of driving to set a cat efficiency light.
First thing to note...it's too loud! 2nd... the high frequency rasp is terrible so, since I already had to eliminate those aforementioned connectors I will add some 15" resonators in their place. Performance wise, it's noticeably better and surprisingly even off idle torque is better. It has a more effortless feeling even with loudness which tends to make cars feel like they're having to do more for the same(or worse) result. I've gotta do some logs to see if everything is on track fuel wise but nothing has showed up on the gauge in real time. After that I've got a GT350 Intake manifold kit to go on.

Waldial

Waldial
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waldial
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Race Red
I am considering replacing the standard GT resonator with a Borla Switchfire X Pipe with the rest of the exhaust remaining standard, can anyone tell me if the claim of no drone after fitting the X Pipe is true and what is the exhaust sound both in volume and likeness to the old XW/Y series falcons? There is a statement on the Borla site which states that the Switchfire X Pipe is not compatable with the other Borla systems - why is this so? excess noise? drone?

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
I am considering replacing the standard GT resonator with a Borla Switchfire X Pipe with the rest of the exhaust remaining standard, can anyone tell me if the claim of no drone after fitting the X Pipe is true and what is the exhaust sound both in volume and likeness to the old XW/Y series falcons? There is a statement on the Borla site which states that the Switchfire X Pipe is not compatable with the other Borla systems - why is this so? excess noise? drone?
Hi Waldial to answer your questions re Borla Switchfire X Pipe.

There is definately ZERO Drone with the Switchfire. I have sold a number of them and no one has complained of any drone. Borla do not and will not release any exhaust components or systems if they cannot eliminate drone.

The sound and likeness to an XW/Y Falcon? Having grown up in the same era with them and also owning many of them a Cleveland car ie 351 will always sound deeper, firstly the engine size secondly the cylinder head design which is the area where the sound pulses are from, you are talking a totally different engine and head design between the Coyote and the 351. A Cleveland engine is more akin to a Big Block Chev. Many of the engineers who worked on the Boss/Cleveland program had also previously worked at GM on the Big Block Chev Head design. Port design between the Clev and BBC Head, valve sizes etc are very similar along with the rocker arm ratios being almost identical 1.7 vs 1.73. I also doubt whether there would be a GT with its original exhaust system as virtually everyone had headers and aftermarket exhausts back then.

The reason that the Switchfire is not compatible with other Borla systems is that it is much longer in its design than the regular Borla X Pipe in say an S Type or ATAK system and if you see the factory system it has a kink along it in the piping which the Switchfire accomodates. This kink is not in any of the Borla Mustang systems as they straighten out their systems.

Hope this helps you. If you mention this when ordering we will do a Switchfire for you for $695 plus delivery. We have them in stock here in Melbourne.

My number is 03 9553 6915 or email me at [email protected].
Sponsored