It's Cold In Flat Rock

jin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 Iconic Silver, 2020 GT350R Magnetic
My guess is you still got the “Christmas Tree” wheels on CFTP cars, plus my understanding is that as long as stationary it’s all good on the tires, warm up by Ed of week to low 50’s
Wish it were true, but no low 50's by end of the week in Dearborn Lows in the teens all this week and highs in the lower 30's for the next 10 days. 6" of snow today......it's a mess driving today for sure. Guess I'm happy mine isn't built yet but it won't be any better in December.......
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
JW: I thought I read that even sitting on the Cup 2's below 40 could cause issues, but I'll be damned if I can find the printed reference.
Not exactly for the Cup2 tires on the GT500, but this bulletin from NHTSA does discuss the temp issue for Michelin cup tires.
Anything to read while having to WAIT for your delivery is better than nothing.... been there/done that on my '19 GT350.
Thought I would pass this along to those made to wait.
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10082862-5448.pdf

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Appreciate it, Dave and I've read that article but I swear I have also read that they shouldn't be used to even support the vehicle below 40. Maybe I'm losing it. :-)

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Appreciate it, Dave and I've read that article but I swear I have also read that they shouldn't be used to even support the vehicle below 40. Maybe I'm losing it. :-)
KB, in addition to any possible tire issues (which I hope does not take place) make sure that when you receive your vehicle and depending on how long it sat out at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant holding area please make sure to inspect for any possible acid rain imperfections on your new paint.

My 2015 sat outside at the FRAP holding yard for probably much longer than any of your cars will but I can tell you that I had to get a paint correction done on my car shortly after receiving it.

Depending on how long your car sat out in the elements (hoping not very long) take a close look at the paint especially around the trunk, roof and hood areas as that is where I had some acid rain paint imperfections.

:wink:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@PP0001 ,

How is your car doing, status wise? I know it's a CFTP car, but I don't recall reading anything about it's configuration.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
@PP0001 ,

How is your car doing, status wise? I know it's a CFTP car, but I don't recall reading anything about it's configuration.
From what I am being told it will not be assembled until sometime next Spring therefore it will be a long winter but have been down that road before and just very appreciative to have an allocation for this car.

Presently it is configured with Rapid Red Metallic paint with a Black roof and no stripes and did not order the Technology Package as I am an old school guy and like my cars as plain as possible.

If Ford had offered a radio, AC delete GT500 I would have been all over that but with the backup camera becoming mandated at Ford as of May 1st, 2018 all Mustangs now come with radios, AC and a few other items as standard equipment.

Having said all that I am seriously considering making a color change and adding painted OTT stripes but still on the fence and it looks like I have a great deal of time to make a final decision.

:like::like:

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I am with you on the old school car. I went with a Base Oxford White car and no stripes. I did order the CF instrument panel, but am rethinking that, it would be the only CF piece on the car and I am think about going with the standard instrument panel and maybe adding the Handling Pack, if it includes the oil/air separator and the adjustable strut mounts. When I ordered my 2013, the only options I bought were the PP and TP.

I am still waiting for a VIN, so I will be lucky if I get the car before the 2021 Order Bank opens.

Good luck with the car and I hope the weather is nice when you get it.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Harry: Many thanks for the acid rain tip, it isn't something I considered but as you said, hopefully the time on the lot will be short. If necessary, I can do the paint correction.

Meanwhile, I hope yours and Earl's vehicles are built sooner than you think.

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Just to be accurate here, the Mustang is built at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant.
Thanks, Tony and I knew that. Probably should have used FR in the title instead of Dearborn. But for people like me who are 1500 miles away from either city, "Cold in Dearborn" works almost as well. :-)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Fyi

I'll check in later with a boots on the ground report when I get to detroit later today.

Screenshot_20191112-050251_Chrome.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am with you on the old school car. I went with a Base Oxford White car and no stripes. I did order the CF instrument panel, but am rethinking that, it would be the only CF piece on the car and I am think about going with the standard instrument panel and maybe adding the Handling Pack, if it includes the oil/air separator and the adjustable strut mounts. When I ordered my 2013, the only options I bought were the PP and TP.

I am still waiting for a VIN, so I will be lucky if I get the car before the 2021 Order Bank opens.

Good luck with the car and I hope the weather is nice when you get it.
Earl, you may still remember like I do seeing our very first 1965 GT350 in Wimbledon White with no stripes back in the day which is the only way that SA delivered all '65 cars to the various Shelby American dealerships and they still look very cool to this day with no stripes.

I really like your idea of adding the Handling Package to your Oxford White GT500 and for ~$1,500 this option is quite well priced and a very cool possible add on to your car.

With a little bit of luck maybe our two cars will be assigned close chassis numbers and subsequent VIN's for next year and hope that the weather is also good for your car when you receive it sometime next Spring!

:clap::clap:
Sponsored