MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
They built almost 1600 in 2018 alone. Now with a 10speed, my guess the 2019 numbers will be higher. They built nearly 6200 zl1 in total for 2018.

It's a small production number, initially targeted at a fixed output, and even with a minor increase in production, it's a small percentage of a model variant that in itself in a small percentage of the overall model production.

The point being: they built very few of them, and can't even seem to sell them in those incredible small production numbers. When I was cross shopping a ZL1 convertible, I found __dozens__ of new, but model year old ZL1 1LEs sitting on lots in the north florida area.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
It's a small production number, initially targeted at a fixed output, and even with a minor increase in production, it's a small percentage of a model variant that in itself in a small percentage of the overall model production.

The point being: they built very few of them, and can't even seem to sell them in those incredible small production numbers. When I was cross shopping a ZL1 convertible, I found __dozens__ of new, but model year old ZL1 1LEs sitting on lots in the north florida area.
25% of total zl1 is still quite a bit being convertibles also in that number. I could also show you many gt350 still sitting on lots also.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
25% of total zl1 is still quite a bit being convertibles also in that number. I could also show you many gt350 still sitting on lots also.
It's a low amount, they didn't sell, the GT350 isn't relevant to a thread titled GT500 vs. ZL1 1LE, try to keep up.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I stand corrected, I swore I read somewhere that production was limited. I should have said...demand limited.

When it was first announced it there was a lot of discussion about it being "limited", but generally on these specialty models with a limited buyer pool, they just don't want to crank out too many, so they say X amount, they may hold to that, they may not, GM may have managed to up production, but I'm still confused how they were assessing demand since they didn't seem to sell. Heck, there were a couple of sellers on another forum with basically brand new cars, looking to sell, and couldn't find buyers even with like $20K discounts.

They probably should've stuck to an "artificial" limited production to create a little demand.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I just test drove a ZL1 1LE this weekend. Black Friday sale has them ~15k under list.

1 & 2 are easy. 3 will be hard given its hard to beat a very track focused car at the track. Will you be able to get a GT500 under $100k for the first year or two? So the ZL1 1LE will have a big price advantage.

IF it's faster, I predict Chevy will put the 750hp ZR1 engine in the next year.
Where are they giving those discounts? I have regretted selling mine and this might motivate me.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The trolls bragging about having cheap cars. Wow.

If Chevy could sell ā€˜me high, they would.
They canā€™t. So they donā€™t.

The Mustang sells. And at a higher price.

The 350 is the better car. You get what you pay for. Same with the 500.

Itā€™s called good business and profit.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Would you rather pay ADM or get a rebate?
I never understood why anyone would pay ADMs on any car.
I'm not complaining - I just feel bad for Chevy because no one wants their halo car. They almost have to give it away.

For all the trolling/bragging people do on here about the ZL1 1LE, not many people are buying them.
How many ZL1s sell? And how many Shelbys sell? Because maybe the problem isn't that they don't sell, but that there are way more than people are willing to buy. The answer to that might be to decrease production.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If it were me, in that price range I'd buy a ZL1 1LE over a GT350R. HOWEVER I never reached that point where I was comfortable. I almost did though. I defend Camaro a lot but I'm not stupid. It's just not super "exciting" and its heritage is clouded by too much nonsensical blub like the 1LE moniker and such. It is a real thing but no one remembers or cares. It's too sterile. Example: no one remembers the 1980 whatever Porsche 911 S G 382 Targa S 4 GT Carerra. See where this is going?
Anyone who reads my posts knows that I love variety and I like Chevys. I've been wanting to buy a Camaro for a while just to have something different. But I'm not a big fan of supercharged engines and the regular LS engines don't really do it for me either. I could get past the other things I don't like about the car if the engines were better.

It would be really awesome if the 5.5 liter flat plane crank engine that Chevy is copying off Ford gets shared down to the Camaro. Now THAT would be a terrific engine for a track car.

I never understood why anyone would pay ADMs on any car.

How many ZL1s sell? And how many Shelbys sell? Because maybe the problem isn't that they don't sell, but that there are way more than people are willing to buy. The answer to that might be to decrease production.
You seem to like Chevys. You should trade your Mustang for a ZL1. Put your money where your mouth is if you really think the ZL1 is good.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
You seem to like Chevys. You should trade your Mustang for a ZL1. Put your money where your mouth is if you really think the ZL1 is good.
If I "seem" to like Chevys then that might be because I actually DO like Chevys. And I like Ford also. But none of that has anything to do with what I asked. The people who do buy ZL1s all seem to rave about that car like it's the best thing ever. So it does make me wonder if the problem is that they just don't sell enough of the ones they make. Would the ZL1 be better if they made less? I think it is a probable solution.
Sponsored