Sponsored

'

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
This guy has no clue on how an engine works or the difference between torque and horsepower. You are only looking at the peak HP of 760 and assuming the GT500 can out accelerate a ZLE in and out of a corner. At what rpm do you think the car is making the 760 hp? And at what rpm the car is making a tight turn? On the ZL1 the power comes in early and carries out to upper midrange due to high flat torque. If we add the additional weight and skinny tires, good luck out accelerating the ZL1 1LE around a corner. The GT500 will hit the ditch slide out of the track in a heartbeat.

This is why Ford is not publishing any lap times and they won’t. They did their best with what they can with the GT500 CFTP and even with that the results must have been not that great. They only published the quarter mile results. Think before jumping into conclusions.
LOL really?

You made the statement that the LT4's significant low/mid range torque advantage was going to allow the car to out accelerate to weaker GT500 from a corner. Now you are backpedaling and talking about excess weight and skinny tires. There is no acceleration metric where the ZLE will out accelerate the GT500, not 0-60, 5-30, 50-70, 1/4 mile. Pick any delta from 0-180 and the GT500 will make the ZLE its bitch.

If you believe the ZLE will put its power down from a corner better then say that, but saying the stupid shit you said about torque and then claiming I have no clue how an engine works is comical.

Just in case i'm completely off base and you are correct... which corner are we talking about exactly? Which gear are we in? and what speed/rpm are we at? Those after all are constants.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Lets assume they both have equal down force, one having wider R compound tires, lighter weight and adjustable track dampers, the other having narrower tires with more weight, which car would actually efficiently utilize the downforce to it’s advantage during cornering and exit speed?

Because it's not 1970 anymore, there's more to it than just wider tires and R compound which not all R compound is the same. While I loath the GT500 for it's absurd weight, we have been surprised before. The GT350 does not act like a 3800lb car. Nor does the SS 1LE...

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Results will be: GT500 much more comfortable, easier to live with and still faster around a track.
I just test drove a ZL1 1LE this weekend. Black Friday sale has them ~15k under list.

1 & 2 are easy. 3 will be hard given its hard to beat a very track focused car at the track. Will you be able to get a GT500 under $100k for the first year or two? So the ZL1 1LE will have a big price advantage.

IF it's faster, I predict Chevy will put the 750hp ZR1 engine in the next year.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I just test drove a ZL1 1LE this weekend. Black Friday sale has them ~15k under list.

1 & 2 are easy. 3 will be hard given its hard to beat a very track focused car at the track. Will you be able to get a GT500 under $100k for the first year or two? So the ZL1 1LE will have a big price advantage.

Seems like $15k off MSRP is a good deal if you like the car.

It sucks that GM is having so much trouble selling them that they have to take so much off the price. It must be hard on the GM dealers. Did you decide to buy?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Why are they giving em away so cheap?

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys seriously complaining about cheap performance? Oh no, a 650hp car for 15k off MSRP!!!!1!11!! They should price it at 100k to keep all these damn plebs out of them! Now you POORS get back in your corner. Won't somebody think of those poor dealers?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Are you guys seriously complaining about cheap performance? Oh no, a 650hp car for 15k off MSRP!!!!1!11!! They should price it at 100k to keep all these damn plebs out of them! Now you POORS get back in your corner. Won't somebody think of those poor dealers?
You doing ok? I just asked a question.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You doing ok? I just asked a question.
Honestly, probably just to move units and clear out. It's kinda that time of the year and has often happened in GM's portfolio. I got my 2018 Silverado around this time last year for 15% off plus some additional small haggling with my dealership. Basically, the truck was a $46K vehicle and walked out the door at $38.5K if I remember correctly. Given the '19s were coming though I'm sure that helped me out too. No regrets not getting the newest generation.

EDIT: I take that back, GM was offering the "All Star Edition" option for free which was like $2,500. Included the Heavy Duty Towing Pack, 4WD, remote start, power seats, bed liner, and a few other things. Not a bad pack really. Then there was a 10% off for end year and I haggled the rest.

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Complaining? No, we are trying to wrap our heads around how a 650hp car built on the greatest chassis ever designed, in limited production, can have such difficulty selling for close to MSRP when people are willing to walk into a Ford dealer and pay more money plus ADM on a POS Mustang. Magazine articles and internet bench racers can't explain it.

ls6-m22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice cars
Complaining? No, we are trying to wrap our heads around how a 650hp car built on the greatest chassis ever designed, in limited production, can have such difficulty selling for close to MSRP when people are willing to walk into a Ford dealer and pay more money plus ADM on a POS Mustang. Magazine articles and internet bench racers can't explain it.
Can you tell me where it was written that its limited production?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not complaining - I just feel bad for Chevy because no one wants their halo car. They almost have to give it away.

For all the trolling/bragging people do on here about the ZL1 1LE, not many people are buying them.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
For all the trolling/bragging people do on here about the ZL1 1LE, not many people are buying them.
If it were me, in that price range I'd buy a ZL1 1LE over a GT350R. HOWEVER I never reached that point where I was comfortable. I almost did though. I defend Camaro a lot but I'm not stupid. It's just not super "exciting" and its heritage is clouded by too much nonsensical blub like the 1LE moniker and such. It is a real thing but no one remembers or cares. It's too sterile. Example: no one remembers the 1980 whatever Porsche 911 S G 382 Targa S 4 GT Carerra. See where this is going?
Sponsored