Sponsored

NITROUS on STOCK 18-19 GT?

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I once considered doing nitrous as an alternative to FI. Then I priced out everything that I would need and the of always having to refill the bottle. Not worth the headache to me. So I decided just to save up for a Vortech or a Pro Charger.
Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I had an 02 Mustang GT and 100 shot of nitrous with a step colder plug, no window switch, and bottle warmer. I bought that nitrous after paying off the car and really didn’t care if I blow the engine, but that engine never failed me. I kept the maintenance changing plugs once or twice a year, oil change, etc.. Also like mentioned above, I don’t really go below 3k rpm, but I’ve done it a couple of times. The power is absolutely superb, but I’m not doing it again because I hate refilling every 2 weeks! I gave that car to my brother 4 years ago and still run but haven’t used the damn nos after giving him the car.
I would save for a supercharger and forget ever refilling.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had an 02 Mustang GT and 100 shot of nitrous with a step colder plug, no window switch, and bottle warmer. I bought that nitrous after paying off the car and really didn’t care if I blow the engine, but that engine never failed me. I kept the maintenance changing plugs once or twice a year, oil change, etc.. Also like mentioned above, I don’t really go below 3k rpm, but I’ve done it a couple of times. The power is absolutely superb, but I’m not doing it again because I hate refilling every 2 weeks! I gave that car to my brother 4 years ago and still run but haven’t used the damn nos after giving him the car.
I would save for a supercharger and forget ever refilling.
I got lucky, the Toyota dealership where I lived did nitrous refills. It was about $40/bottle. I was there every few weeks. It was like putting an extra tank of gas in. However, not convenient if going to a track 2hrs away which was the case for me.

My 2V ran so well on a 100 shot it held off my buddies cammed/vortech GT from a 40ish roll to 100 or so (he was on 8lbs boost). He didn’t like that, haha.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I got lucky, the Toyota dealership where I lived did nitrous refills. It was about $40/bottle. I was there every few weeks. It was like putting an extra tank of gas in. However, not convenient if going to a track 2hrs away which was the case for me.

My 2V ran so well on a 100 shot it held off my buddies cammed/vortech GT from a 40ish roll to 100 or so (he was on 8lbs boost). He didn’t like that, haha.
The instant power is absolutely amazing with nos for sure. All the bolts on was installed on that car and still ran like a turtle compared to my manual 12 Mustang gt with sct and intake combo. If I was on OP shoe and stuck with nos setup, I’ll get the tune so he have less to worry about. I was trying to copy Basnasty nos setup, but during that time, he was going for 150 shots I believe. He was a member of Modular Mustang or Modded Mustang forum. I don’t even know if that forum still exist. I’ve seen a couple of familiar names here that lurk around those site before.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The instant power is absolutely amazing with nos for sure. All the bolts on was installed on that car and still ran like a turtle compared to my manual 12 Mustang gt with sct and intake combo. If I was on OP shoe and stuck with nos setup, I’ll get the tune so he have less to worry about. I was trying to copy Basnasty nos setup, but during that time, he was going for 150 shots I believe. He was a member of Modular Mustang or Modded Mustang forum. I don’t even know if that forum still exist. I’ve seen a couple of familiar names here that lurk around those site before.
Basnasty Dave right? Familiar name as well.

I used to hang out on StangNet and Corral back in the day. I joined like 04/05 when I first started looking for Stangs. Time goes by super fast.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Basnasty Dave right? Familiar name as well.

I used to hang out on StangNet and Corral back in the day. I joined like 04/05 when I first started looking for Stangs. Time goes by super fast.
Yes that’s the name. White good looking mustang too.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Why not do a 100 shot and a tune? You would be seeing mid 10's with just that and a set of radials on the car.
Get a set of Brisk RR12 spark plugs.
Get a bottle heater for convenience. I ran a 100 shot on my v6 s550. I had every addition you could get. Switch panel in the sunglass holder, remote opener, bottle heater, purge kit, maximizer 4 progessive controller, touch screen for the progessive controller. It adds up quick money wise.

OP
OP
NianJay5OH4

NianJay5OH4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nian
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT
Thanks fellas for the insight and personal experiences. It’s still a toss up for me right now. I just went to a test & tune yesterday and ran a 12.2 at 117.89. I really do wanna go FI with a procharger setup but for now nitrous is more in my price range lol.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks fellas for the insight and personal experiences. It’s still a toss up for me right now. I just went to a test & tune yesterday and ran a 12.2 at 117.89. I really do wanna go FI with a procharger setup but for now nitrous is more in my price range lol.
I can only speak for what I have and I absolutely like my procharger p-1x. Probably will cost twice as much buying 2 sets of nitrous, but I know I don’t have to refill all the time because the power is always readily available. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the nitrous setup. Good luck man.

Micks5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I ran it on a '94 SHO ATX car. Ran great on a 100 shot, then I stepped up to a 150 shot and melted the tip off #1 spark plug and the molten copper broke that top piston ring land and piston and I had to replace that engine....I didn't put the kit back on the new engine. Needless to say, I've not tried a nitrous set up since, and that was 20 years ago. I don't think you could give me a nitrous set up for free and have me put in on the car, its just not worth the hassle, way too many variables that can go wrong, even if you know what you are doing. Clogged injector? Bye bye engine. Pump failure, bye bye engine. Run lean or timing doesn't get retarded, bye bye engine. Solenoid sticks open or shut? Bye bye engine. You get my point...
To counter clogged injectors or fuel pump failure you need a fuel pressure safty switch. as soon as it detect low fuel pressure it shuts off nitrous so it doesn't run lean.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
To counter clogged injectors or fuel pump failure you need a fuel pressure safty switch. as soon as it detect low fuel pressure it shuts off nitrous so it doesn't run lean.
Just a suggestion, check the date of the post you’re responding to. This thread is almost four years old and the member you quoted lasted posted in 2020.
Sponsored