Looking to do 305/30 square setup on my S550

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
No need to apologize, I'm glad with all the information I got from the thread. So I'll step down to the 9.5A +35 for a proper square with these wheels then. Would I also go down in tire width to the 295s as well?
Ill leave that to the more knowledgeable folk but I think it may too wide of a tire to put on 9.5. It'll fit but i dont know if it'll bring any performance benefits.
Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™d probably go to a 285/35. The smallest wheel Iā€™d put a 295 on would be a 10ā€. Unless the 295 is unusually narrow. Another plus, would be that there are a TON of tires to choose from in the 285/35 size

OP
OP

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
That works! I'm planning on getting PS4S and I know they have it in that size. I won't be doing wheels and tires first on this thing, but it's the one area on this build that I had the most questions on. Unless you have some recommendations on spacers (or if I should wait for whoever is installing them for those details), I think I'm good.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
A 10.5" wide tire with an ET35 offset /should/ be ok on the front. Its close to the strut, but likely fits. I say likely, because not all 295 tires are actually 295mm wide, so.... Its possible a 5mm spacer might be required on the front, but that won't necessitate replacing the studs with longer ones.

The rear would still be on the pokey edge, since the tire is still trying to be 10.5" wide despite being squeezed on a 9.5" rim. I'd recommend some extra camber to keep that rear tire edge inside the fender, but the stock camber is adjustable in the rear so you should be ok? That much rear camber starts to impact straight line grip, which kind of defeats the point of running a wide tire though.

There are like 100 different 19x10 ET 35 or ET 40 offset wheel designs out there for our cars, which can run a 285/35 tire all day long. That's my recommendation. That or just run a 285/35 tire on the 9.5 ET35 which should be easy.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Why not go to a 19x11 +50-52 offset with extended front lugs and a 1" spacer in front? That will give the rears an easy fit and you can rotate easily.

Plus you'll have flexibility between tire brands because brand "A" 305 will have a different width than brand "X" 305. On top of that you'll get crazy
grip at the road course. You'll need about -2.7 - -2.8 camber to make it work with your stock strut tower hole. Or you can do what I did for more camber.

Here's a shot of my friend's bagged car with cut shock towers that I did last weekend.
20191103_111813.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
That works! I'm planning on getting PS4S and I know they have it in that size. I won't be doing wheels and tires first on this thing, but it's the one area on this build that I had the most questions on. Unless you have some recommendations on spacers (or if I should wait for whoever is installing them for those details), I think I'm good.
Optimum performance and CJ pony parts make a good Slip-On spacer. If you go bolt on spacer then there are several options but a lot of them are Ebay cheapo's.
Sponsored