Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Indeed.........sadly I can no longer trust Ford. If they're prepared to slap a Pony badge on the Mach E electric SUV that shares NOTHING with Mustang apart from the badge and rear tail lights, they'll do anything for a sale.

There IS a strong rumour that Mustang will become a brand of cars. Mach E is the first nail in the coffin :crying:
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Indeed.........sadly I can no longer trust Ford. If they're prepared to slap a Pony badge on the Mach E electric SUV that shares NOTHING with Mustang apart from the badge and rear tail lights, they'll do anything for a sale.

There IS a strong rumour that Mustang will become a brand of cars. Mach E is the first nail in the coffin :crying:
Instead of telling me this, you could have said no 4 door Mustang ever and locked the thread. Don't make me sad. :crying:

Why would Ford get rid of all their sedans just to add one back?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I heard Ford is gonna turn our Fastback into a Hatchback. To attract people who shop for groceries.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I heard Ford is gonna turn our Fastback into a Hatchback. To attract people who shop for groceries.

Yea, and while at it, they might as well also incorporate a flower vase attached to the center of the dashboard like VW’s beetle....

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Looks like his cousin's third sister once removed dad's uncle step daughter's son was right.

LOL
I heard that a 4 door Mustang will be added for 2023. Should be good Charger competition, and retain some Fusion buyers. Word came from a customer who has lots of inside knowledge. Like it or not, this makes sense for the next platform Mustang release date too.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
If this does come about, like the mach-e, I'm more interested in how the forums will be like. EcoBoost and GT owners may finally unite to segregate a common enemy! "Oh, you have 4 doors? Well you're not in a REAL mustang!" or "should I get the 2 door or the 4 door? I heard the 4 door is more practical but I'm single and have no kids but one day I might and... practical!"

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Yea, and while at it, they might as well also incorporate a flower vase attached to the center of the dashboard like VW’s beetle....
Maybe some sort of holder for a chicken drum or turkey leg. Something more American, more meaty.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
They did say that they’d be turning the mustang name into Abrand icon.
It seems to me that what Ford is doing probably will turn the Mustang into NO LONGER an ICON.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Actually
Instead of telling me this, you could have said no 4 door Mustang ever and locked the thread. Don't make me sad. :crying:

This could explain why they discontinued the “F” series cars. They knew they were going to come out with “M” series cars. Kinda make sense in a sick kind of way.

Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
They did say that they’d be turning the mustang name into Abrand icon.
Well the best Mustangs are made by third parties already so... why not. FORD stops making the mustang and licenses the name off to third parties. We will probably end up with better built cars. I mean the gt500 is not even out yet and I think I have seen what 12 variants made by third parties already.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
It was announced by a General Motors Corporation executive in special vehicle development (SVD) that once Ford and GM combined that a 4 door version Mustang will be matted to the Cadillac ATS platform using the new high energy fast recharge (HEFR) system currently being developed for the Chinese market by GM.

The 4 door Mustang will be placed to compete in the global market of a new segment of electric powered sedan/SUV/performance/4x4/truck combination (SSP4T)
The all new Mustang will offer a 2 door version of the Mustang using Ford's Falcon name badge.

The Falcon will be powered by a redesigned 1.6 turbo engine producing 178 bhp and a CVT automatic transmission. The 2 door will only be available in a three door hatch model with a GT/ST option available 6 months after introductory.
General Motors and Ford Motors look forward to what is possible with their combined efforts to advance the automotive market forward, saving our planet, helping the homeless, dropping ocean levels, saving the rain forest. And most of all " It's for the children"

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Mustangs are profitable. Fusions are not.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
We all know Camaro is on the ropes. The Mustang as we know it is not far behind. Ford like GM have people to think ahead and produce cars that are profitable and sell. Many in the next generation have No Clue, have no idea about shifting gears, and want convenience and 4 door grocery getters. I believe this will become the norm in a short time frame 5-10 yrs. So enjoy your Supercharger, Turbocharger, 6 speed, and 10 speed while you can. JMO.
Sponsored