Sponsored

Preventative maintenance suggestions?

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
I believe all the chassis is galvanised , they gave it a quick squirt of underseal to stop the bits that weren't galvenised going rusty

I had a jaguar coated with dinitrol , it was solid at the time and looked brand new underneath when it was finished but after a few years the floor rotted , I won't be getting the mustang done , same reason I'll never fit a car cover, they do more damage than the elements will
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I believe all the chassis is galvanised , they gave it a quick squirt of underseal to stop the bits that weren't galvenised going rusty

I had a jaguar coated with dinitrol , it was solid at the time and looked brand new underneath when it was finished but after a few years the floor rotted , I won't be getting the mustang done , same reason I'll never fit a car cover, they do more damage than the elements will
So ford would have you believe, but there's an entire underseal thread that goes into this, make sure you've got an open bar, and a constant supply of snacks because it's long :p!

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Well Ford have paid out good money on warranty to have poor undersealing redone on cars when requested - the UK cars are undersealed for a reason and if it was not required no way would Ford approve warranty rework - I had mine Raptor undersealed at Modurstang at my expense and after 2 years and daily driving it’s clean as a whistle underneath - but it must be done when the car is new and clean not sprayed over on an older vehicle

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Clean the underside frequently, arches & floor pan. If using a pressure washer dont have it cranked up to max & get a proper angled underbody lance. My Karcher lance is cranked at 45deg & the fan nozzle can be turned. I had a Subaru & the rear wheel arch coating peeled off. Initially they said my pressure washer was the cause but then relented & recoated it.
The rear haunches behind the door will get stone rash & the bonnet may suffer.
Sponsored