Sponsored

Last edited:

EcoBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium, PP, 50th, RR
Vehicle Showcase
It still works, but does get softer. Definitely worth it for the sound improvement. The center speaker ruins the system.
:clap2: So much this.

That being said, I wasn't ready to toss the center speaker in the trash. I pulled mine (pull straight UP from the rear and towards the windshield!) and it is a 2 Ohm, 25 Watt 3.5" component speaker.

I wanted to try SOMETHING, but deleting the center channel just wasn't an option. So, what to do? I decided a 3 or 4 ohm 90+db sensitivity speaker would decrease the harsh center channel and making it a 2 way will help improve voice definition, add range and "brilliance".

It definitely helps! Better sound from the center, not quite as loud and it helps the "Driver" position actually work!

Remove 2 - 7mm screws, unclip the factory connection. I snipped the harness from the factory piece and soldered it to the Infinity Reference 3022cfx speaker. Installing it in the flexible plastic vent shield is hinky, at best. The Infinity has a 6db 1st Order crossover (4.7uf cap) on the positive leg of the tweeter which makes almost no sense whatsoever; as this makes the tweeter START at about 11,250hz!!! Considering my stock set up falls flat on its face at 10,000hz (falling 25db from average!) this is pretty strange.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That tweeter crossover point makes plenty sense. I've built car audio systems with 3" speakers and NO tweeter and another with a "supertweeter" that handled basically just 15000 and above just to give it "airiness". You can send me the unused speak if you want :).

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
I'm getting some occasional static in what I think is the vocal range. Its intermittent, but on a Polk DB351 / 4 ohm that replaced the oem 2016 GT350 8ohm "speaker".

I've ordered an 8 ohm dayton because the polk was a bit forward anyways (in my previous 2016 GT I had the 2ohm center which the polk worked better as it was more muted)

Anyone run into this static issue? I have the nav ACM, but non-amplified. Volume levels vary, so I'm not sure its just overdriving the amp and clipping, I'm not sure what's going on, just sounds awful.

Costcocombo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I need to get at my center speaker. What 'front section' needs to be removed first? Is the upwards facing grill above the center vents and gauges, right?

I have some sort of noise that sounds like a small rock hopping around when the speaker is in use. That's what I think it is because it started after a dust devil whipped a bunch of sand into my car one day.

Anyway someone please help me with how to remove the interior trim to get to this speaker without breaking clips or trim panels. The noise is driving me mad.
Hey bud, I have the same issue where I hear buzzing/rattles and speaker distortion occasionally. Were you able to find the culprit?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bud, I have the same issue where I hear buzzing/rattles and speaker distortion occasionally. Were you able to find the culprit?
I’m 90% certain I have some grit on the upwards facing speaker. Tried poking a straw sized hole and vacuuming it out but didn’t get it. Luckily its a Ford so like 3 other things are rattling which are more distracting than the speaker. Mine definitely started when a big gust of sand blew into the car so I don’t have much doubt as to the issue.
Sponsored