Sponsored

2 YouTubers going to be rebuilding engine themselves after warranty denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I was a troll for commenting on the GT500 weight she's a thief for trying to get a warranty claim.

Must be nice to live in you world where everything is so black and white if you do not agree with the person.
Please explain. Makes no sense.

She is a fraud and an attempted thief.

Shouldn't she be here 'splaining herself instead of you making excuses?
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Please explain. Makes no sense.

She is a fraud and an attempted thief.

Shouldn't she be here 'splaining herself instead of you making excuses?
I made 2 points both make perfect sense. I could be like you and assume you are a idiot for not getting them but im not 5.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I made 2 points both make perfect sense. I could be like you and assume you are a idiot for not getting them but im not 5.
You are no idiot, maybe not thinking straight, however she is for thinking she would get her engine replaced after a tune.

Firestarter does that mean pot stirer?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lol, that's ok. If you think what she did is ok, you need to take a good look in the mirror. Empart those ideals and morals on your kids and make this place a better world. Yea, that's it.

Sponsored

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
She put a tune on her engine. She should fix her own problems instead of committing fraud and trying to get her engine replaced under warranty. Want to play? Time to pay....

I hope her pathetic YouTube revenue covers the repairs.
Not to be a yes man, but I couldn't agree with this more. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Lol, that's ok. If you think what she did is ok, you need to take a good look in the mirror. Empart those ideals and morals on your kids and make this place a better world. Yea, that's it.
You realize that "sometimes" not always! but sometimes modified cars have failures that should be covered under warranty. I had my sychros go on a modified car. The same issue I could document with Vins on several stock cars and I got denied because I was modified.

Not to be a yes man, but I couldn't agree with this more. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Oh I agree I have no tune and would not tune my car.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Ummm.. There’s stock Vodoo motors getting replaced left and right that have zero modifications. Let’s be honest here, tune or not, her motor could have failed. Ford clearly knows there are issues because they are replacing them. Not advocating anyone should lie but Ford is hardly some innocent party here.

Personally I think if they were smart they should have offered her a discount on the parts and labor. She has almost 300K subscribers and a little good on Ford’s part might actually help them sell more cars.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I've said what I have to say. If anybody has anything they want to discuss directly with me, then feel free to call me out or quote me. However any more back and forth is kind of pointless. I think most would agree that she put a tune on her engine and a warranty rejection is expected and just. If she feels so strongly about her position, she should do what others have done and that is to reach onto her pocket and have it proven otherwise. Just because she has a YouTube channel doesnt make her any more special than anyone else. She is not entitled.

Other than that, I have nothing more to say.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Ummm.. There’s stock Vodoo motors getting replaced left and right that have zero modifications. Let’s be honest here, tune or not, her motor could have failed. Ford clearly knows there are issues because they are replacing them. Not advocating anyone should lie but Ford is hardly some innocent party here.

Personally I think if they were smart they should have offered her a discount on the parts and labor. She has almost 300K subscribers and a little good on Ford’s part might actually help them sell more cars.
I dont think ford should fix her car or give her a discount. Tunes basically remove the margin of error on cars. I think if you tune your car for 5% then you need to understand the risk you take. I do not fault her for trying but I also do not fault ford for refusing her claim.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Been there too many times .
You have be prepared to pay if you want to play .
My Ford dealer Installs all my “mods” ( I can’t turn a wrench ) They will cut me some slack when they can and will warranty small stuff .

...but when/if your engine goes “boom” you have to pay the piper .
Rebuilt Voodoo being installed at Ford .

I have a spare stock engine for sale if this guy wants to roll the dice and install the TT on the same stock stuff that just blew up . View attachment 409864
3E66246C-59B7-48DD-A6A0-238282AB43EE.jpeg
A8B22082-7602-44C8-91A3-0137BFAE1A03.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I'm in the camp in that if you tune, expect your warranty to be denied. There's no harm in anyone bringing it to Ford for them to look at it. Maybe it was because of the tune, maybe it isn't. Just because you tune and your engine blows, doesn't mean it was because of the tune. However, one needs to expect that Ford can just blame it anyways, and you'll be stuck footing the bill. She's taking responsibility and not fighting Ford on it. At the end of the day, not your business, not your problem. Who cares.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I missed the part where she whined or didn't accept Ford's warranty denial (3:30 - 4:30ish?).

OP
OP
Nfs1000f

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I started this thread with the intent of alerting members of two possible engine tear downs. Many a person has wondered what the insides of a “failing” Voodoo engine looks like. I was not validating either of these YTer’s, just bringing them to the forum’s attention. Now we have name calling and accusations of racism. Really! If I could go back in time to Thursday at 10:01 am, I would not post this thread. In the nearly two years I have been a member, the amount of vitriol I have witnessed is very disappointing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.