Sponsored

Issues after Gen 2 engine replacement

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
If they drop the whole front subframe to remove the engine by moving it down, then it’s quite possible to make errors in all those bits. If the engine is removed by taking the hood off and taking it up, then the suspension is not touched. I have no idea how mine was done.
Good to know. Wonder if we have any say in this. Considering my dealer reused they AC compressor bolts and didn’t even do that right, resulting in them sheering off in the block, I can only imagine what OP is going through after an engine rebuild.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
Its been a joke, I think the whole install was botched. The car felt better when I had the motor with the hurt wristpin. I wonder if I can get ford involved at this point.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
My dealer already had done a bunch of engine transplants before they did mine. So I guess practice does make perfect.

OP
OP

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah, I go into ford to pick up my reimbursement check, so im going to voice my concerns and set up an appointment. Found oil the bolts of the oil canister.

Fordis-ALHR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
11 mustang gt gen2 sb
I am having a couple of issues with that car after my motor replacement and am wondering if any of yall with replacement engines are having the same issues.

• I am getting a whistling sound on both accel and decel that i thought was a vacuum leak. I checked for vacuum leaks and couldn't find anything obvious, and the dealer couldn't find the issue and thinks it is coming from the blue high flow air filter.
  • getting a random metallic ping noise after car is warm that does not change when load is added to the engine seems to be underneath the car. Almost the same pinging you get when you turn off the car. It also feels like their is a restriction in the exhaust after the swap.
I am at my wits end with this car. I love the car, but it has been an effin nightmare sorting out the BS. Any direction would help, as the dealer just seems act like everything is fine with the car. Thanks.

Hey man sorry to hear you are having these issues for starters. Im dealing with the exact same issues after I installed a brand new gen 2 shortblock into my 11 gt. Im having the same whistling noise you describe and after looking into this for the past several months I believe it to be caused by the ac stretch belt set up. If I remember correctly the 15-17 cars didnt use the stretch belt configuration for their ac compressor like the 11-14 and 18+. I think there may be a difference in fitment or clearance on the 15-17 blocks causing the belt to be tighter then it was on the 11-14s making the ac compressor whine or whistle. There is a kit available to convert it with another belt and a tensioner pulley to relieve some of the stress. I did all the work myself and what I noticed was the belt was much easier to take on and off the 11 block then it was the new gen 2 block. Myself and a buddy fought with that belt a while to get it onto the new gen 2. I reused the same 11 crank balancer pulley and same exact ac compressor so no difference there.

2- your tick issue or noise in the bottom end. I have the same problem and have been going crazy trying to figure it out. Mine developed at 1000 miles after my 2nd oil change. I also noticed ferrous metal flake in my oil and filter. You may want to check your oil yourself. Drain the oil into a pan and then dump most of the oil out of the pan into another container so you only have a quart or two in the pan and swish the oil around while holding a light on it to see if theres any flake. One of my theories is that because this stretch belt design on the ac is possibly too tight and is wearing out my front main crank bearings or other crank bearings as well. But who knows. I have the same bbq or typewriter tick that everyone else has but not everyone else has metal flake in their oil. Hope this helps.
Sponsored