Sponsored

2018 digital dash in MPH, need help

vic000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2018 auto
Dear members:
I have imported a 2018 GT from UK, which the digital dash speedo in MPH.
I'm going to register the car here, in Singapore, but according to local rules, the speedo meter have to be in KMH, even I select the display for auxiliary speed display in KM/H, Still can't pass the inspection.
Any idea if I can set/program the speedo from MPH to KMH?
If I can't just program it, have to change it to the KMH spec digital dash, will that be plug and play?

Regards

Vic
Sponsored

Killerbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Shadow Black
Under your setting in the dash there should be a setting to change everything to KPH. But that is in a US Spec like mine. However, it should have it in all.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
I might be able to help you, pm me

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I thought UK was fully metric but it seems a bit more complicated than I thought.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
There are only 4 digital dash models. Two are mph and the other two are kmh with each within their group being for an automatic or manual. If it is ultimately required that you have a kmh gauge cluster, you will have to change it out. There is no way around this regardless of the few changes you can make within the mph gauge to show metric settings. It will be plug and play since you already have the setup in the car and the only thing that will need to be modified is the odometer and possibly some IPC codes based on options with your car which is no big deal.

Sponsored

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
There are only 4 digital dash models. Two are mph and the other two are kmh with each within their group being for an automatic or manual. If it is ultimately required that you have a kmh gauge cluster, you will have to change it out. There is no way around this regardless of the few changes you can make within the mph gauge to show metric settings. It will be plug and play since you already have the setup in the car and the only thing that will need to be modified is the odometer and possibly some IPC codes based on options with your car which is no big deal.
He doesn't need to change the cluster physically, another firmware can be easily flashed

OP
OP

vic000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2018 auto
Under your setting in the dash there should be a setting to change everything to KPH. But that is in a US Spec like mine. However, it should have it in all.
From the steering setting, I can only add in an auxiliary kph display, but in very small size. Not allowed by the local law

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
the swap is really pretty easy. Maybe you could locate a Mechanical KPH cluster on the cheap, swap it for the Cert, then swap yours back. but, Being Singapore, you might get canned if caught..

OP
OP

vic000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2018 auto
:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
the swap is really pretty easy. Maybe you could locate a Mechanical KPH cluster on the cheap, swap it for the Cert, then swap yours back. but, Being Singapore, you might get canned if caught..

Sponsored