Sponsored

How many winter drivers

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
On the drive this morning: temperature 25° F, Inlet temp 30° F.
I may be new to driving Mustangs, however, I think my "butt-dyno" detected a noticeable boost from the low temperature.
Your butt-dyno is correct! 37 degree inlet temp yesterday for me, the Stang loved the cooler, denser air.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
On the drive this morning: temperature 25° F, Inlet temp 30° F.
I may be new to driving Mustangs, however, I think my "butt-dyno" detected a noticeable boost from the low temperature.
Oh yeah, that will happen. The only crummy thing is you get more power, but less traction.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
First snow of the season today:

49035635073_98c2bbb1b5_b.jpg

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I drive mine year round here in NJ. A set of Continental DWS 06 tires have yet to fail me. Just use some common sense as someone else said and you are fine.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Picking up a set of 235/50/18 Blizzaks on steel rims tomorrow from another S550 owner. They look decent cant wait to try this bad boy in snow!

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
About 9 days ago on Halloween is was 90F here, seeing those Mustangs in the snow and cold like that makes me sad.

TC

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
Nope, always garaged and I have a low mileage Chevy Cruze daily driver for beating up in the winter. It's worth every penny to have a secondary vehicle for more reasons than just winter driving. Also, if you seen what the salt that we have does to cars, you wouldn't drive here either......it even builds up on the carpet and rusts the interior (despite WeatherTechs)! I love being to go under my car to do maintenance or mods and easily being able to work, since there is zero rust.

We already have a good deal of salt on the road (as my car is covered in it), but I still saw a blue GT350R out yesterday......crazy. If that is you, get the GT350R off the road! That being said, it is temping though......RWD Mustang in the snow would be too much fun.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
My car is all salty now.

How do you guys wash your cars in the winter? I can't find any touchless wash near by and I don't want to use the type with the big rollers. Today is gonna be above freezing so I'm planning on giving it a quick hand wash.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Drive it year round, no issues. Weekly car washes. Been trying to hold off on summer to winter tire change until thanksgiving like usual but this year Chicago is brutal, 20degree highs and 5” of snow making it hard! Hoping for one more stretch of 40’s to enjoy the better looking summer wheel/tires...lol

Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I drive mine year round. Usually don't have much trouble as I have a winter wheel/tire set, but didn't get it changed over in time this year as we had an early storm and its supposed to be very cold this week. The wheels are at my parents house about a half hour away and not sure when I will get a chance to change them over now as its miserable doing it when its freezing out.

19 RKT PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, Tech PKG, MagnaRide!
No winter use here.
In fact it lives in garage on battery tender year round.
Don't use it enough going probably put it up for sale.
20180110_144309.jpg

Last edited:

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Hello, winter.
IMG_0448sm.jpg

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
We've had a snow storm a few days ago and I've been commuting to work every day. Yesterday we had a snow squall with whiteout conditions. I work in the city and live in a small town so my drive is mostly rural roads that don't get salted as well as the city roads. The Mustang handles the snow just fine with a set of winter tires. It's my first RWD car, and it does have more difficulty starting going than my previous cars, but once it gets going it's fine. The traction control works great, I tried playing around with turning it off and it was scary.
Sponsored