Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Why? The car was already neutered in power from the BoP rules.
Plus the fact that Ford shut down the factory team after the 2019 season.

9secondko lives in his own little world. Still waiting to hear the details on the Shelby GT500KR he keeps talking about.

OP
OP

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Plus the fact that Ford shut down the factory team after the 2019 season.

9secondko lives in his own little world. Still waiting to hear the details on the Shelby GT500KR he keeps talking about.
LOL.

The base car just came out. Isn’t even in owners garages yet.

it will come. Try not to wipeout rainforests with tour Kleenex usage afterward.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
More and more C8 reviews are coming in. Boy are the Corvette guys butt hurt!

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The chevy fanboys are brutal. For years all you heard is alpha is god. alpha is perfect. Now crickets. Why??? We all know why. Cause its beat. Because its on its death bed. In both performance. Relative to the mustang. And its beat in sales. Relative to its real competitors. The Mustang and the Challenger. I know. Ssles don't matter! Til your shit gets canceled. Again! So they all jumped off the alpha band wagon. And right onto the C8. Before they had all the details. They're now saying dumb things like well the base gt500 is an 11 second car. When its already run 10s. No shit the gt500 is an 11 second car. With your bench racing asses driving! Or they say dumb things like well Ford needs 110 more horse power to beat us. But that didnt bother them at all. When they were sitting on 650hp and the Most powerful mustang had 525? Take your blinders off! Admit all the shit you talked. Over in the C6 vs section. For the last two years was completely wrong. Again! Quit moving the f#$king goal posts. And move on with your life.

Last edited:

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Which ones? Haven't really seen anything new since last month.

The chevy fanboys are brutal. For years all you heard is alpha is god. alpha is perfect. Now crickets. Why??? We all know why. Cause its beat. Because its on its death bed. In both performance relative tp its real competitors. The Mustang and the Challenger. And in sales. Which don't matter. Til your shit gets canceled. Again! So they all jumped off the alpha band wagon. And right onto the C8. Before they had all the details. They're now saying dumb things like well the base gt500 is an 11 second car. When its already run 10s. No shit the gt500 is an 11 second car. With your bench racing asses driving! Take your blinders off! Admit all the shit you talked. Over in the C6 vs section. For the last two years was completely wrong. Again! Quit moving the f#$king goal posts. And move on with your life.
You doing ok?

1sml

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
Garbage Motors have failed the bow tie brigade :crackup::cwl:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Yeah, let’s look at the reviews that have all the GM guys perched on the ledge, ready to jump….

Automobile says

The 2020 Chevy Corvette is a balanced, incredibly quick, and capable thing, packed with performance-enhancing technology optimized by some of the world's best chassis tuners. Its composure, the delicacy of its feel, and its holistic execution are perhaps unlike any other vehicle's in the history of General Motors—and GM has kicked out more satisfying cars than we have space to list…..

Yet despite its ferocity, the C8 is so adept at handling its power and so absent of twitchiness that it can make anyone feel like a hero, at least within the envelope achievable on public roads. There is a touch of safe understeer, but it's dialed out easily enough by easing off the accelerator, when the nose is perfectly willing to tuck itself back in.
Car and Driver says:

· Highs: Supercar performance at an amazing price, comfortable on the road and incredible on the track, much improved interior quality.

· Lows: Needs more visceral exhaust and engine sounds, doesn't brake and handle as well as the C7.

· Verdict: With incredible performance at an incredible price, the C8 Corvette is also the best Corvette yet.

After all that poking and prodding, we have concluded that the new C8 is spectacular, amazing, and supremely capable. Maybe even revolutionary

"While the C8's performance places it within the bounds of the supercar class, character matters as much as capability."

"That's the future. This is now, and it's clear that the new C8 isn't just a better Corvette, but a supercar for the rest of us—imperfections be damned. You'll just have to readjust your expectations to suit."

Motor Trend says

The other side of the coin is a disconnectedness from the raw performance of the car. The engine is rather quiet for a Corvette (though it retains that distinctive small-block roar), and the transmission is so smooth in Tour mode that you don't get a sense of just how fast you're going, at least until you brake. Similarly, it neither looks nor feels like a sub-3-second 0-60 sprint, but the numbers don't lie. There's never a big shove of torque; the engine's delivery is always exactly the same. You just gain speed, as simple as that. The dual-clutch transmission is exceptional for a first try, a game effort to match Porsche's benchmark PDK. The steering is precise and accurate but could stand to give you more road feel.

For decades, we made excuses for the Corvette's foibles, arguing its performance per dollar trumped all else. The C7 changed that, showing us Chevy could afford to make the Corvette nice, too, in addition to fast. Still, it wasn't as nice as the cars it was beating on the stopwatch.

No more. The C8 is not only powerful, but, dare we say, it's also the most premium-feeling Corvette that Chevrolet has ever made. It's the quickest Corvette to ever roll off the assembly line and up to a stoplight, and it somehow still starts at $60,000. And this is just the beginning.

Road & Track says

Let’s get one thing out of the way: the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette is good. It’s not, however, great.

The C8 Corvette is, without question, the most significant car of the year…..
The C8 isn’t quite there. It has neither the limit-handling grace of a 718 Cayman or the ESP-assisted Stealth-Fighter moves of a Ferrari 488 Pista…..
The additional horsepower is almost entirely nixed by the C8’s 203-lb weight gain relative to the C7 Stingray. With a curb weight of 3647 pounds, the new car’s power-to-weight ratio is only about one percent better than the outgoing car’s. And yet the C8 laid down a blazing 2.8-second 0-to-60-mph run, absolutely crucifying the C7’s 3.9-second performance. Dropping nearly one-third of the time from an acceleration run with no additional power is possibly the biggest coup ever accomplished by an automaker since the miracle of harnessing combustion itself.

Please, keep me away from sharp objects. I might hurt myself over all these horrible reviews.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Which ones? Haven't really seen anything new since last month.
The latest things I was reading on a Corvette forum was members' reactions to the Veloster win for the Road and Track PCOTY over the C8, and Motor Trend's assessment of how well the DCT in the C8 works in manual mode, and the British AutoCar review. Maybe those are all old and the people over there still haven't gotten over them.

Yeah, let’s look at the reviews that have all the GM guys perched on the ledge, ready to jump….

Automobile says

The 2020 Chevy Corvette is a balanced, incredibly quick, and capable thing, packed with performance-enhancing technology optimized by some of the world's best chassis tuners. Its composure, the delicacy of its feel, and its holistic execution are perhaps unlike any other vehicle's in the history of General Motors—and GM has kicked out more satisfying cars than we have space to list…..

Yet despite its ferocity, the C8 is so adept at handling its power and so absent of twitchiness that it can make anyone feel like a hero, at least within the envelope achievable on public roads. There is a touch of safe understeer, but it's dialed out easily enough by easing off the accelerator, when the nose is perfectly willing to tuck itself back in.
Car and Driver says:

· Highs: Supercar performance at an amazing price, comfortable on the road and incredible on the track, much improved interior quality.

· Lows: Needs more visceral exhaust and engine sounds, doesn't brake and handle as well as the C7.

· Verdict: With incredible performance at an incredible price, the C8 Corvette is also the best Corvette yet.

After all that poking and prodding, we have concluded that the new C8 is spectacular, amazing, and supremely capable. Maybe even revolutionary

"While the C8's performance places it within the bounds of the supercar class, character matters as much as capability."

"That's the future. This is now, and it's clear that the new C8 isn't just a better Corvette, but a supercar for the rest of us—imperfections be damned. You'll just have to readjust your expectations to suit."

Motor Trend says

The other side of the coin is a disconnectedness from the raw performance of the car. The engine is rather quiet for a Corvette (though it retains that distinctive small-block roar), and the transmission is so smooth in Tour mode that you don't get a sense of just how fast you're going, at least until you brake. Similarly, it neither looks nor feels like a sub-3-second 0-60 sprint, but the numbers don't lie. There's never a big shove of torque; the engine's delivery is always exactly the same. You just gain speed, as simple as that. The dual-clutch transmission is exceptional for a first try, a game effort to match Porsche's benchmark PDK. The steering is precise and accurate but could stand to give you more road feel.

For decades, we made excuses for the Corvette's foibles, arguing its performance per dollar trumped all else. The C7 changed that, showing us Chevy could afford to make the Corvette nice, too, in addition to fast. Still, it wasn't as nice as the cars it was beating on the stopwatch.

No more. The C8 is not only powerful, but, dare we say, it's also the most premium-feeling Corvette that Chevrolet has ever made. It's the quickest Corvette to ever roll off the assembly line and up to a stoplight, and it somehow still starts at $60,000. And this is just the beginning.

Road & Track says

Let’s get one thing out of the way: the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette is good. It’s not, however, great.

The C8 Corvette is, without question, the most significant car of the year…..
The C8 isn’t quite there. It has neither the limit-handling grace of a 718 Cayman or the ESP-assisted Stealth-Fighter moves of a Ferrari 488 Pista…..
The additional horsepower is almost entirely nixed by the C8’s 203-lb weight gain relative to the C7 Stingray. With a curb weight of 3647 pounds, the new car’s power-to-weight ratio is only about one percent better than the outgoing car’s. And yet the C8 laid down a blazing 2.8-second 0-to-60-mph run, absolutely crucifying the C7’s 3.9-second performance. Dropping nearly one-third of the time from an acceleration run with no additional power is possibly the biggest coup ever accomplished by an automaker since the miracle of harnessing combustion itself.

Please, keep me away from sharp objects. I might hurt myself over all these horrible reviews.
Ha ha! You are right that the C8 is definitely a great car and the reviews show it. However, I think some people were thinking it was going to be better than any car ever built before and that it would win every comparison. Those people seem to be more than disappointed.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
And the small hit in braking performance on the Vette was expected, due to moving the engine. No longer is there as much weight over the front wheels (which provide most of the stopping power on vehicles).

The reviews are as I expected. They generally like it, but note a few minor annoyances. My gosh, I say that's not bad considering this was a major design overhaul. First year of a new design. As I've said before, I probably wouldn't be a buyer if I were in the position, but would wait until the following year model, which will probably be a more settled car.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
The latest things I was reading on a Corvette forum was members' reactions to the Veloster win for the Road and Track PCOTY over the C8, and Motor Trend's assessment of how well the DCT in the C8 works in manual mode, and the British AutoCar review. Maybe those are all old and the people over there still haven't gotten over them.
Then the fans of Porsche, Lotus, McLaren, Supra, et cetera should be standing on the same ledge. Veloster was chosen over them too. And some of them dropped out of the testing after the first event. I read that article a couple days ago and concluded that it was another one of those "we're gonna go a different direction because we can" type of articles. Nothing wrong with that, because that's what they sorta said it would be. Pretty much a "which vehicle surprised us the most?" article.

Ha ha! You are right that the C8 is definitely a great car and the reviews show it. However, I think some people were thinking it was going to be better than any car ever built before and that it would win every comparison. Those people seem to be more than disappointed.
There seem to be at least 10 of those type of people for every performance car nameplate. I make it a point not to calibrate my experience with any vehicle off the opinions of those outliers.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Then the fans of Porsche, Lotus, McLaren, Supra, et cetera should be standing on the same ledge. Veloster was chosen over them too. And some of them dropped out of the testing after the first event. I read that article a couple days ago and concluded that it was another one of those "we're gonna go a different direction because we can" type of articles. Nothing wrong with that, because that's what they sorta said it would be. Pretty much a "which vehicle surprised us the most?" article.

There seem to be at least 10 of those type of people for every performance car nameplate. I make it a point not to calibrate my experience with any vehicle off the opinions of those outliers.
I don't know about owners of other brands. They might be more or less sensitive. Those people don't usually come on here and make threads about how their Porsche or McLaren kicks the Mustang's butt in some performance measure. I've been hanging out on the Corvette forum a little since I own one. I'm not really interested in the C8 with a DCT, but I'm still curious so I read a little here and there.

Based on the reviews, I think if there's a flaw in the C8 (other than first year after a major redesign niggles), it's that it continues to move slightly away from the more fun to drive into the more buttoned down category. Probably good for GM to cater to their buyers as most young people who want something crazier can't afford a Corvette... or the people who want something crazy will go for a higher model.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Screw the GT500 and the Vette. Im gonna buy a Volester.
Sponsored