Custom S550 Phone Docking Station

OP
OP

joleobee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cool idea. I am thinking to do the same, but it will fit in the arm-rest compartment. An angled cradle to hold the phone. I have a Note 8 and it's really long at 6-3/8". Doesn't fit well in there even without a charging plug.
So an out of sight phone holder since you have car play, that'd be cool too.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
So an out of sight phone holder since you have car play, that'd be cool too.
Yup! Having a dock in the arm rest would make it easier and quicker to connect the phone. It's too bad Ford doesn't have a dock as an add-on for us.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Will this work/fit if you have the track-style toggles?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not sure what you mean by “track style” toggles but barely a hair for our 101A/301A/401A packages. It also blocks everything. That’s a no for me.
2D629E67-FC81-46B5-9CF7-C61E7B638B3A.jpeg

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Not sure what you mean by “track style” toggles but barely a hair for our 101A/301A/401A packages. It also blocks everything. That’s a no for me.
2D629E67-FC81-46B5-9CF7-C61E7B638B3A.jpeg
The toggles In the 101/301/400/401 packages are “track-style” and made to replicate the ones found in track cars. The pictures prior to yours only showed the phone holder in base model cars that have no toggles, so it was not clear if it would still fit.
Are the toggles still easily accessible/useable with the phone mount? I’m interested in this as it would be a great alternative to the wireless pad I squeezed in there, but wouldn’t want to have issues hitting the toggles to change drive modes. :)

OP
OP

joleobee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It will clear. The toggles will not be easily accessible though with the phone mounted. With the phone unplugged, you can toggle as you please :)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping. I think its a great idea, ordered one today, will review how it mounts with a iPhone SE with wallet case + my gf's iPhone 11.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed this in another thread and ordered one from their Etsy store, it's for an 11pro. Not a bad price and I'm tired of my phone sitting upside down in a cupholder. I was worried about blocking an important(frequently used) switch but the AC is on auto mostly with access to the temp, and the drive mode toggle looks accessible so I think we're good.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed this in another thread and ordered one from their Etsy store, it's for an 11pro. Not a bad price and I'm tired of my phone sitting upside down in a cupholder. I was worried about blocking an important(frequently used) switch but the AC is on auto mostly with access to the temp, and the drive mode toggle looks accessible so I think we're good.
Appears that the only toggle I ever use is always accessible with a phone, (mode) I only go from normal to sport occasionally. None of the other toggles have ever been touched, as the comfort changes with the mode anyway. You can always change the temp from the screen settings too. but I generally keep my setting the same all the time. Cant really see this being in the way of anything of mine.

Sponsored

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Appears that the only toggle I ever use is always accessible with a phone, (mode) I only go from normal to sport occasionally. None of the other toggles have ever been touched, as the comfort changes with the mode anyway. You can always change the temp from the screen settings too. but I generally keep my setting the same all the time. Cant really see this being in the way of anything of mine.
Forgot about using the screen to adjust the AC, thanks.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Mine says shipped, I will give some more pics when it arrives.
Sponsored