Sponsored

daily driver tires a/s or summer

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
16 GT PP here as well, just went with the A/S 3 + in staggered PP sizes and they are fantastic. Where in the U.S. are you? I am in CO, and I will be selling my nearly new P Zeros and running the A/S 3+'s all year round, to me already they are a superior tire. The P Zeros were good in 70 + degree weather, but as the season changed, they were quite poor as summer tires are in the cold temps. Whatever small sacrifice in max grip the A/S 3+'s give up on hot days is worth it. I needed my Mustang to be more capable all year. I would agree with others not to mix the two tires though, just go for a set of A/S 3+'s is my recommendation.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
For daily use I have the Continental DWS06s and they are pretty good. 255 in the front and 275 out back on 20s. Both tires are XL load range.

I would consider the Conty's DWS06 and the Michelin A/S3+ the two best all-season performance tires. They provide plenty of grip for anything in the street and for the occasional 1320 or road course run as long as you aren't going all out.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For daily use I have the Continental DWS06s and they are pretty good. 255 in the front and 275 out back on 20s. Both tires are XL load range.

I would consider the Conty's DWS06 and the Michelin A/S3+ the two best all-season performance tires. They provide plenty of grip for anything in the street and for the occasional 1320 or road course run as long as you aren't going all out.
Yep, I agree, DWS06's or A/S3 + are the top of the heap for ultra performance A/S tires. DWS06's are a smoother ride and better in the snow and slush than A/S3+, A/S3+ are stiffer for better warm performance and steering response. Both are awesome, I chose the A/S3+ because I won't drive in the snow at all.

OP
OP
boos550t

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I think I'll be going A/S3+

I live in Texas haha. Ideally I would want a summer tire (i loved PS4S) but i need my tires to last longer than a year. This car is my commute daily driver and it's not like I take street corners with heel-toe downshifts going 40mph.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'll be going A/S3+

I live in Texas haha. Ideally I would want a summer tire (i loved PS4S) but i need my tires to last longer than a year. This car is my commute daily driver and it's not like I take street corners with heel-toe downshifts going 40mph.
Honestly, with the A/S3+'s, you won't be giving up much performance at all. I have read all the reviews, but now that I have them, I am a believer, these tires are amazing. I will be running them all year round and selling my PZeros.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I will be running them all year round and selling my PZeros.
that's your problem right there. Your frame of reference was the lousy OE shoes.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
that's your problem right there. Your frame of reference was the lousy OE shoes.
Yeah, I know there are much better summer tires than the crappy PZeros, however I am perfectly happy with the A/S3+ for year round use as I am not looking for a few tenths on a race track, just enjoying the car year round with one set of tires.

Last edited:

ncoonen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ned
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium w/ HiPerf & Handling
It's my first post here since taking delivery on a 2020 Ecoboost HiPerf with Handling Package. The car came with 19x9.5 ET40 wheels wrapped with Pirelli PZero Corsa tires in 265/40ZR19. I live in rural northern Colorado and picked up the car in Denver, in January, on 80tw "streetable track tires" :shock:. My first stop was at Discount Tire in Fort Collins where the car waited for a set of Michelin PS A/S 3+ tires I had already ordered to replace the Pirellis (which will be posted for sale shortly). The Michelins are a great tire and the car is much happier, quieter, and more fun to street drive with a hiperf street tire rather than a track tire. Over the last 30+ years I've tried various track-ready street tires on various Mustangs and BMWs and can echo what others have said - if you are really serious about track days, you will be much happier and spend less overall if you have a dedicated set of track tires/wheels.

2020mustang.jpg

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I have run the stock all season and summer Pirelli’s. Both were junk Compared to the Conti DWS06. I run at An NHRA drag strip and got my best times on DWS06’s.
Sponsored